Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Switch and Seme Haven
Desert Roses Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lack_luster_soul
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:23 pm
Ialu listened carefully, his eyes alight in the new dawn with curiosity. This was different, new. This man was half elf. But Eladrian had said that he was from noble blood because of his silver eyes. Glancing to the elf behind him, he felt torn. This man didn't seem to be any harm, but Eladrian still refused to come closer. Ialu knew there was something he was missing.
Ialu turned back to Amal, "Your father? Did you know him?"  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:10 am
The man finished off his simple meal and stood up, brushing his pants of the sand."I only knew him from stories my mother told me." he said, "According to her, elves do make regular journeys to the south in disguise. they have been doing it for hunderds of years offten leaving behind offspring of evlen blood. tey even have been fetaured in several old legends"  

Claude Faustus
Crew

Demonic Spectator

lack_luster_soul
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:37 am
Ialu took in the information, unable to piece it together. Over all, he felt a sudden stab of anger. As a child, he had never known his own father. His mother had raised him alone as long as he could before being forced to marry another man. That was when everything had gone badly. His mother died and Ialu was sold into slavery.
He stood up, bristling, "Elves..." He shook his head, "In my culture, it is important to have a father. He is the one who will eventually train his sons to take over his craft. These elves, leaving women behind to survive on their own with a child... It's shameful, in my opinion. My father left before I was born, and I became a slave because it. I can't glorify any person, elf or not, that would do such a thing." He dusted off his pants, gathering his loose black hair at the nape of his neck to tie it. He glanced to Eladrian, emotionally cut off and not knowing how to address him, with the elf acting so secretive. He walked over to Mkhai, where all of their bags were attached, taking out some of his medical kits, "Is your ankle okay, Amal?"  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:48 am
Under the mask, Eladrian was brisling as well, how dare he, he thought, not all of the elves that travled down here are so callous.
My foot is alright, just a bit sore, but I can walk." Amal said, checking his animal for any injuries and to check it's gear. "It looks like I'm joining you to Odessa, I have to get a job and raise enough gold to finish my journy from there." He sighed. "You guys dont mind right?"
Eladrian frowned and nodded.

Amal truned around to mount hs camel, he had already figured out that the masked master was an eldren, from the way he spoke and stood, 'He's a youngling from the looks of things, if he stuided a bit more, a master of any house woud not have let me speak to him in that way'  

Claude Faustus
Crew

Demonic Spectator

lack_luster_soul
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:47 am
Ialu mounted Sadiki, "You are welcome with us, Amal, as far as I am concerned. I consider myself lucky just to be traversing this desert to a new land. As long as you don't steal from us or try to harm us, we will spare all we can to help you..." The stallion beneath him bristled and stepped ahead a few steps, anxious to keep moving, it seemed. Ialu for a moment, wondered why, but he ignored it, "Amal, do you need time to rest? My companion and I have been travelling through the night, and while we still have energy, we could certainly take a break. Either way, knowing this land myself, we should stop at midday and rest during the heat of the day. Travelling at night is safer."  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:57 pm
"Indeed" Amal agreed, watching Eladrian mount up on the camel. "I look forwards to meeting new intresting people."

As they journeyed in the dessert Amal spoke animatedly to them about the works he had written for various libraries in the southern city. he also spoke about the huge city of the south where the emperor lived commenting on the quantity of books the esteemed one had, mostly legends of the elven race.
"It seems to me that the hatred that the southern humans have for the Eldren stems from are the growing knowledge that elves are not the mystical beings as they where thought of hundreds of years ago. failed expectations as it where."  

Claude Faustus
Crew

Demonic Spectator

lack_luster_soul
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:59 pm
Ialu had rode beside Amal, finding the other man open and interesting. As it was, Eladrian's secretive mood was beginning to irk Ialu, who was open and honest with every person he met. And a closed-up, stuck-up elf wasn't good company.
He listened intently to this strange man, soaking in the words like a sponge. But at last, he had to laugh. He shook his head, "They are upset that they aren't mystical? Humans had very little grasp on magic before the elven magic began to leak down." He glanced toward the horizon, "I don't know much about elves. If anything, their secrecy is what angers me... The sense of superiority... Even if they are superior, the way they treat humans-..." he shook his head, looking back to Amal, "No, I believe they are quite mystical..." he grumbled, "Too much for their own good, if you ask me."  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:45 pm
Eladrian fought the urge to reach out and strangle Ialu, it wasn't his fault that elves where hated here. Perhaps he was just trying to put the stranger off somehow, the elf was gritting his teeth anyways.

"Aw, how can you say that if you haven't a met an elf personally?" Amal asked, his silver eyes wide and bright. "I would love to meet one someday."  

Claude Faustus
Crew

Demonic Spectator

lack_luster_soul
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:01 pm
Ialu tried not to roll his eyes, finding this whole game to be a little tiring. He didn't quite know why Eladrian was being so secretive. He had official reasons to be this far south, and Amal had never even met an elf before. What harm was this stranger?

He finally met Amal's eyes, "I've met elves. I've been a sex slave most of my life before my benefactor-..." He glanced to Eladrian, quickly pulling the lie from then air, "-bought me, and set me free. We travel together now. But I served the courts of many nobles. Rogue elves were uncommon, but I did see a few coming to greet my masters and mistresses. Their powers are true, but it doesn't make them infallible. Maybe that is the disconnect." He glanced to Eladrian, "The thought that their powers make them, well.... perfect..."

He looked back to Amal, changing the subject, "So what's your story? Do you have an occupation?"  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:26 pm
"I'm a scribe, but I would like to be a Chronicler, and write more accurate books about the elves. I'm half elven to be sure but I wish to know more about my people. They say knowing yourself will help you to know your destiny."
Here Amal starting reciting various anecdotes, some familiar some not, most of them half confused as the wandering scribe got jumbled up on his words.

Eladrian listened with half an ear, his mind on a plan on how to ditch the blabbering scribe before the sun rose. even with his face covered, it would be hard to cover the color of his eyes.  

Claude Faustus
Crew

Demonic Spectator

lack_luster_soul
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:50 pm
As Amal droned on and on, he finally looked to Eladrian, calling softly, "Friend. I must talk to you. Excuse us, Amal." Ialu pulled Sadiki to a halt, then dismounted, glancing about for a moment. They'd just have to walk a few yards away and whisper. This was getting ridiculous.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:55 pm
Eladrian had a bit of fight with the camel. (What's the blasted beast's name now?) dismounted and walked some distance away with Ialu.
"What is it?" he asked. He glanced about, Maya was no-where in sight, the creature must have sneaked off when no-one was looking.

From his camel Amal, watched the pair, blinking wondering if his rendition of the poem was faulty.  

Claude Faustus
Crew

Demonic Spectator

lack_luster_soul
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:02 pm
Ialu glared at Eladrian, as much as obvious in the dark, whispering fervently, "Are you kidding me?! What is your problem?!" He shook his head and glanced towards Amal, "He's an idiotic scribe with elven blood. He knows nothing about your people. I don't understand why it's such a big deal if he knows you are an elf. I mean, as far as you've told me, you have an official reason to be here." He sighed, "What is your plan? To keep your hood on for days? You'll suffocate from the heat. And I'm getting tired of entertaining him alone. Unless you want me to bed him, my social skills are exhausted!"  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:14 pm
"I don't' want you to bed him!" Eladrian whispered back ferociously, fighting to keep his voice low. "I mean....I must keep my identity secret from everyone, even an other elf if I happen to meet one here." The silver haired elf sighed and crossed his arms. "I am trying to think of a way of keeping him in the dark...in the dark..." He trailed off, an idea forming in his head. "That's it, we'll make camp before the sun rises."  

Claude Faustus
Crew

Demonic Spectator

lack_luster_soul
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:43 pm
Ialu rolled his eyes, "Well, you did a terrible job with me. If we have to keep this scribe with us, which we should, then I want you to give me reasons to give him for your secrecy, in case it comes up. Otherwise, I'll make something up and you might not like it." He sighed, wanting to sink into Eladrian's arms. But he knew they were being watched. He gazed towards the horizon, "Perhaps we'll say you are a monk, and as such, you have no identity any longer. You hide your face in modesty and shame for past transgressions..." He watched Eladrian's eyes, trying to figure out why Amal was such a threat. Surely, Eladrian was lying to him.  
Switch and Seme Haven

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games