Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Gryffindor Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 189 190 191 192 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:50 pm
User Image
                                                I have wandered far and wide
                                                For something real, something to die for
                                                But I have found you and you do not see
                                                All that is me, all that is true

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

รєς๏ภ๔ ץєคг || ɠгץŦŦเภ๔๏г || ђคlŦ๒l๏๏๔

════════════════════════

Lynn shrugged when Lionel mentioned that she had to have good upper body strength for gymnastics. You did, but there was more than that going into it. She had been a bit out of practice, and she really needed to get back into shape for that sort of thing. Which, that meant bye-bye to a lot of her favourite foods. However, she'd do it if she really wanted to get back into shape. Right now, however, tonight was the night to relax and watch the sorting and meet new people. "I knew a fey boys at my old school that were in football. A lot of them were obsessed with it. My mum wasn't exactly keen on me getting all dirty and such so she signed me up for gymnastics instead. It's no big deal, though, I like it." She cocked an eyebrow as Lionel decided to laugh a bit at Gid's nickname, but shrugged it off and thought back to her own family's names. Her own was just an example of weird names. "Could be worse. My entire family's got weird names. I usually go by Mitch or Lynn, but there's always Shelly or Michelle I could go by. Or even Lynnie. I just like Lynn better."

When the topic of classes came up, she shrugged at the mention that some of them were boring. She didn't find any of them particularly boring, she just wasn't sure what to make of them quite yet. She hadn't known she was a witch for very long, and while yes, history was history, she could probably imagine other classes that were boring. She was just too new to magic still to think that there were boring yet. "Pretty much. My brother at least had warned me about some of the professors, but other than them, they're cool. At least I finally get a chance to cast magic again. That was something I wish that I'd been able to practice over the summer, after all."

════════════════════════

Thinking: Well, huh, wonder what that's about?
                                                OOC: Sorry about the short post, still getting used to her as a character orz

Winter

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

More than you'll love, more than you'll hate,
                                                More than you'll hold, more than wanted
                                                More than you'll crave, more than you'll cherish,
                                                More than you'll have, more than wanted

RedEageEye007

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:53 pm
User Image
                                                  ‘Cause I’m on top of the world, ‘ay
                                                  I’m on top of the world, ‘ay
                                                  Waiting on this for a while now
                                                  Paying my dues to the dirt

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ || Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ || Mᴜɢɢʟᴇʙᴏʀɴ

════════════════════════

Brandon heard his house announced and grinned, already worrying that he'd forget the house name. Ugh, this was going to be a problem, wasn't it? He took a seat at the table of red and gold, looking over everyone and smiling. At least it looked like Chessie was already seated, and so he gave her a thumbs-up and looked over the table at the other girl so far sorted with them. "We're in the same house. Cool! And hey, umm, I didn't catch your name during sorting. I'm Brandon. Nice to meet you, umm...?" He directed the last part at the blonde girl, certain that she's provide her name when asked. Maybe. He wasn't too sure about that. Oh well. He'd just catch it later sometime.

════════════════════════

Thinking: So, I'm in... the red-and-gold house, right? Ugh, I can't remember the name. It was something weird...
                                                  OOC:

Frilly

I’ve been waiting to smile, ‘ay
                                                  Been holding it in for a while, ‘ay
                                                  Take you with me if I can
                                                  Been dreaming of this since a child
                                                  I’m on top of the world

OliMcD

Maiya Kajuji

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:35 pm
User Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxLionel Santiago Lira
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHufflepuffxThird Year

"There are big ships and small ships."

Lionel paid close attention to the girl when she spoke and could only nod when she had said something about the boys being obsessed with it. Lionel himself was obsessed with it in his days. He loved the game...especially playing keeper. Just the thought of making game winning saves and whatnot appealed to him. He of course couldn't do this in Quidditch, because saves don't really have much effect on who wins the games, but he still got somewhat of a rush when he saved other peoples shots. "Yeah, I must say, I probably did fit under the category of obsessed. I loved the game more than anything else, that was for sure. Then I learned I was a wizard...and that I couldn't participate in it anymore, which yes, frustrated me at first, but at least I found a good substitute," he said happily, referring to Quidditch keeper of course. "What is your favorite part of gymnastics? If you don't mind me asking." He looked at her for a few seconds before deciding to take a peak at the sorting to see what was going on.

When the conversation moved towards names, he looked back at her to listen. "Yeah, out of those, I'd personally prefer to call you Lynn; not that the other names have anything wrong with them. Just a preference. And I actually go by two names myself. My old muggle friends used to call me Leon or Leo. It really depended on the person. So unless you just want to use my first name Lionel, you could use one of those if you want. Or you could come up with one if you wanted. I don't mind," he said with a smile, laughing a bit. He could only think of the kind of creative names his old muggle school friends would think of if he actually told them they could call him anything they want. That would've been an interesting year for him if he had.

It was good to see that at least one of them was prepared for classes to start. Lionel wasn't exactly mentally prepared, his sleeping schedule also in shambles. So, he was going to have to make due for a week with a little less sleep to make sure that he got back on a 'normal' schedule. "Yeah, there's a few that are strict and a little mean at times maybe. I know Professor Hill is definitely a person that you don't want to anger," he said, half amused. He of course had yet to get in trouble with the man. And he prayed that it stood like that. "I always hate how i can't cast spells at home. I always want to show my parents cool tricks and then I realize I can't because it is technically illegal." He shook his head at the though. He wished they would just let him do it one time, but he knew the law was the law. He couldn't change it...so one has to live by it.

"But the best ship of all is friendship"

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:51 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Jake and Johnny Evanson ~ First Year ~ Gryffindor ~ Twins

Jake bounded off to the red-and-gold themed table, plunking down with only a tiny bit of care to not whack the bright green cast wrapped around his left arm. Out of long habit, he chose a spot with room for his brother next to him. It didn't really occur to him that Johnny might not be right behind him. "Hi everybody!" Jake chirped quickly, before looking back towards the hat to watch his twin get sorted.

Fortunately, Johnny was indeed just behind Jake, and slid into the vacant space easily. "Hey ladies," Johnny said with a much practiced charming grin at all the females in his general vicinity. "Gents," he added, a beat later and much more casually.

Jake shoulder bumped Johnny, shooting him a fondly exasperated look. Johnny just grinned. "Just being friendly," he teased his twin. "I'm Johnny, and this is Jake. In case anyone is wondering, yes, we're twins," he told their tablemates, charming grin firmly in place.

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:06 am
User Image
                                                    I'm gonna take what's in front of me tonight
                                                    Sometimes you just gotta float
                                                    Sometimes the waves are gonna crash you to the shore, whoo
                                                    Sometimes the peace comes
                                                    And settles your soul
                                                    Sometimes the angers so strong
                                                    You just wanna lose control

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════
                                                    Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ || Hᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ
                                                    ════════════════════════

Timothy had been watching the sorting quietly. However, when the stool was placed away, he stood patiently and walked over to the podium. He looked over the crowd of assembled students, ready to welcome them to the new school year. "Hello everyone, and welcome back for a new school year. For those that are just now beginning their education at Hogwarts, I would like to extend a welcome and hope they are diligent in their studies. Sadly, as all the older students will tell the younger, I must make the usual school announcements. There is to be no magic used in between classes in the halls, and as anyone in the school will tell you, the name Forbidden Forest is not a misnomer, and instead should tell you that there are things in there that will not hesitate to have students for snacks. The other school rules are posted for people to peruse at their leisure, but considering these are the most frequent violations, I must bring them up here. Now, let us sit back, tuck in, and enjoy the feast before the evening ends." Timothy took a seat, ready himself to eat.

════════════════════════

Thinking: New year, new faces.
                                                    OOC: For those of you unaware, classes will begin on Monday instead of the usual Saturday. Please remember this as the Sorting ended today, hope you have fun!

You know when the good times come
                                                    You know the bad gonna come too yeah
                                                    I don't know what to call it
                                                    But I'll just guess I'll call it

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:02 pm
User Image
                                                User Image

════════════════════════

Sevenᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ |7| Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Pʀᴇғᴇᴄᴛ & Head Girl |7| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text

Dani didn't really mind not having anyone to talk with at the feast, as it allowed her the chance to watch the Sorting, and just relax a bit, as tomorrow would start her last year of classes. It was nice to see the House get a goodly number of new students this term, perhaps it would bode well for a good year for Gryffindor. She listened to the Headmaster's announcements, and was unsurprised they were the usual reminders, and hoped the younger ones would heed the one about playing in the Forbidden Forest. Last year's forty House points at the Year's End Feast, while she doubted Godric Gryffindor was spinning in his grave over it, was a still a sore point to her, especially since the entire crew of First Years decided to invade the Forbidden Forest all at once. She made a mental note to suggest to Eli to consider changing up the patrol schedules, and add the occasional surprise bed check to curb such midnight excursions in the future.

When dinner appeared on the table, she was happy to see a pot of fresh coffee nearby, and poured herself a cup. She also portioned out some roast beef, mashed new potatoes, and made up a salad of field greens with oil and vinegar for her dinner. As she poured a bit of gravy over her meat and potatoes, and tucked into her meal, Dani hoped she could enjoy the Feast in peace, and not be called upon to conduct the new students to the Common Room as she had to two years in succession previously.

OOC: Open for Interaction

════════════════════════

OOC: Alarms will ring for eternity
                                                The waves will break every chain on me
                                                My bones will bleach
                                                My flesh will flee
                                                So help my lifeless frame to breathe

And God knows I'm not dying but I bleed now
                                                And God knows it's the only way to heal now
                                                With all the blood I lost with you
                                                It drowns the love I thought I knew

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:06 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍

Kimberly leaped off the stool and practically sprinted over to the Gryffindor table. It seemed like the perfect choice for her. After all, she was bold and daring, like the hat had said. That meant the other kids that were sorted into Gryffindor were just like her, right? Ever since she could remember, she always had to drag Kiley along in her adventures. She could tell that her sister didn't really enjoy it, but hopefully her new housemates would! Taking a seat, she listened carefully to the Headmaster's speech, dwelling on the points that she wasn't fond of. No magic outside of class? No exploring the woods? What was she supposed to do for fun around here?! Sighing, she filled up her plate and started digging into the food that appeared in front of her.

╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍
                                                𝐹𝐼𝑅𝒮𝒯 𝒴𝐸𝒜𝑅 𝒢𝑅𝒴𝐹𝐹𝐼𝒩𝒟𝒪𝑅 xxxxx

They said change your clothes, she said no I won't.
                                                They said comb your hair, she said some kids don't.
                                                And her parents dreams went up in smoke.
                                                She's a wild one with an angel's face.
                                                She's a woman-child in a state of grace.
                                                When she was 3 years old on her daddy's knee,
                                                He said you can be anything you want to be.
                                                She's a wild one runnin' free.

╍ ╍ ╍ ╍

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:38 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Jake and Johnny Evanson ~ First Year ~ Gryffindor ~ Twins

Jake and Johnny, with the typical hollow legs and boundless hunger of growing boys everywhere, grinned with delight when the platters filled with food. "Wicked!" Jake exclaimed, starting to pile food on his plate.

"Nice," Johnny agreed, following suit. Glancing over, he reached to help Jake a few times, since the cast made Jake a bit clumsy, and gravy everywhere wasn't on Johnny's idea of the menu tonight.

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:06 pm
User Image

User Image
                                            ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍

Tori smiled at her friends as they joined her at the table. Addy made Prefect as well, just as she expected. He seemed happy for her, as did Pru. Beaming at them, she adjusted her badge with pride. "I'm doing great, thanks for asking. I hope your summers were great too." she replied before turning her attention to the sorting. Thus far, they had gained a girl with short, bobbed hair, another girl with cute curly hair, and a boy whose name was Brandon, she thought. There was also a set of twin boys, as well as half a set of twin girls, the other being sorted into Ravenclaw. How would they handle that, she wondered.

As the feast appeared in front of them and the Headmaster's speech came to an end, Tori filled her plate and ate quickly. She knew she would need to lead the First Year students to the Common Room soon, with the help of Addy. After finishing her dinner, and after most of the First Years had finished their dinners, Tori stood up tall, which wasn't difficult with her heels. "Attention! Good evening, and welcome to Hogwarts, Gryffindor First Years! My name is Tori Macclellan, and I'm one of your Prefects. Your other Prefects are Addison Collins, Arianna Davenport, Kalin Abrams, and your Head Girl, Danica Stewart. If you need anything or have any questions, you find me or any of the other Prefects. We'll be happy to help! Anyways, I hope you all filled your bellies, because it's time to head up to the Gryffindor Tower and get to sleep. You've all got a big day ahead of you tomorrow! Now, follow me and Addy out of the Great Hall, through the Antechamber, and to the Grand Staircase, where we'll begin our journey to the Common Room!"

[Exit to the Grand Staircase]

╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍
                                            ƓRƳƑƑǀƝƊOR ƑǀƑƬH ƳƐAR xxxxxxx
                                            ƊAƬǀƝƓ ƊAƘOƬA ƲAƝƝ .xxxxxxxxx
                                            ƤƦЄƑЄƇƬ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Armed with an attitude that she knows how to use, she's gonna get there any way she can.
                                            Now she knows what she wants. No one is gonna stop her. Nothing's ever gonna hold her back.
                                            That girl was a one time teenage drama queen, a hot, tough everyday wannabee.
                                            But she'll have changed her destiny. Now she's a somebody.
                                            That girl was a wild child dreamer but she'll find herself.
                                            'Cause she believes in nothin' else, and you'll look back,
                                            and you won't believe, that girl was me.

{ooc: If I quoted you, you have a First Year Gryffindor! C: Wait for SummerIsles to post Addison at the Grand Staircase before posting there yourselves, and prepare for the journey!}

SummerIsles

OliMcD
Chelsea Van Asten

Maiya Kajuji
Cerry Bennett

Diamond Wales
Brandon Davenport

Nanashi Kage Enjeru
Johnny and Jake Evanson

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:24 pm
User ImageUser Image

Sɛƈօռɖ Yɛǟʀ Gʀʏʄʄɨռɖօʀ Cɦǟsɛʀ

Gideon was in a contemplative sort of mood. He was thinking about all that had happened that year. Of course, Quidditch was a huge event, but so had been the dance. Oooh... the dance. He'd been kissed by Jazzy! Jazzy had kissed him! And not just a little touch on the cheek either! Ooooh, his head was still reeling! Although both of them had been huge, nothing had come close to comparing with the fight. It was still first and foremost in his mind. In one single conversation, he'd hurt and been hurt, both by the same person. Rhys. Rhys who had had a wild year without the fight. And honestly, even though Rhys had been a jerk, Gid still felt he was to blame for their separation. At least he was blessedly lucky to have so many friends. Perhaps he'd talk to one of them through the feast?

Tʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇs ɪɴ ℓιƒє ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ cяαωℓ, Lᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɢʀɪᴘ, тяιρ αη∂ ƒαℓℓ
Wʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀɴ ᴏɴ ɴᴏ-ᴏɴᴇ ᴇʟsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ƒιη∂ уσυяѕєℓƒ
I'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴠᴇ ɴᴏᴛɪᴄᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ωαℓкιηg'ѕ єαѕу ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴀᴅ ɪs ғʟᴀᴛ
Tʜᴇᴍ ᴅᴀɴɢᴇᴅ ᴏʟᴇ ʜɪɪʟs'ʟʟ ɢᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ єνєяу тιмє
Yᴇᴀʜ, ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ Lᴏʀᴅ ɢᴀᴠᴇ ᴜs мσυηтαιηѕ sᴏ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ʜᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ cℓιмв

{OoC:}
Diamond Wales

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:24 pm
User Image
                                                  I try to make you see my side
                                                  I always try to stay in line
                                                  But your eyes see right through
                                                  That's all they do.
                                                  I'm getting buried in this place,
                                                  I've got no room, you're in my face,
                                                  Don't say anything, just go away.

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ || Sᴇᴇᴋᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Rhys was going to do this. He was. He was going to walk over to the Gryffindor table, where he was certain everyone hated him and apologize. He was going to do it. That was what he kept telling himself when he entered the Great Hall, but his feet seemed cemented to the floor and his heart had climbed to somewhere in the vicinity of his Adam's apple. Honestly, he wanted to bolt, and he could always apologize on the train ride, right? He could do that, and no one would think any worse for him doing it, right? Except he had to. The last time he'd spoken with Gid, he'd practically screamed at his best friend and told him that he'd disappear. He had to make it right, even if he was currently panicking in the back of his head about even approaching Gid. What if he hated him and never wanted to speak with him again? He didn't want that, but he also didn't want to confirm for himself that he burned that bridge and there was no rebuilding it. He very nearly turned around, wanting to walk the other way and just sit at his own table where he knew that people hated him.

He forced himself to move, though, his feet going on automatic and walking toward the Gryffindor table. He was going to do this. He was. He wasn't going to panic and cause a scene. If his heart would listen to him, it'd slow down before he started hyperventilating. He took a seat in front of Gid, swallowing thickly before he opened his mouth. Nothing came out however, and he tried again, with the same result. He then buried his face in his arms, trying to fight off the fact that he didn't belong at this table, and everyone knew it. What was wrong with him? When he was acting out, he spoke easily, but when he wasn't, he couldn't say a word?

════════════════════════

Thinking: Why can't I say anything?
                                                  OOC:

If you were dead or still alive
                                                  I don't care (I don't care)
                                                  Just go and leave this all behind,
                                                  I don't care (I swear)
                                                  I don't care... at all.

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:48 pm
User Image
User Image

Gideon thought more on the subject of his friend... ex-friend? Were they still to be considered on friendly terms? He sighed, tugging at a lock of his short hair. He stared longingly at the Ravenclaw Table, debating going to find Rhys. He bit his lip, glancing around. There was certainly a rule about being at other tables at the big feasts. Normally, people could get away with it, but he was rather obvious. Moreso, he was really, really slow.

His thoughts sharply derailed when he looked up and saw the very person on his thoughts. His jaw dropped, the Gryffindor honestly a bit starstruck for a minute. Wait... why was he here? Was he going to start another fight? Gid looked at him, really, really looked at him, and decided that no, he wasn't. Something entirely different fueled him. But... what was it? For a brief second, it looked like the Ravenclaw was scared. Gid decided it was time to prove his brass. The boy cleared his throat, looking at Rhys. "Hey... um... Rhys. Look, I don't know if you came over here to be grumpy or not, but I really, really hope not. I miss having you to talk too, and to confide in. And.. And I hope you miss me too." He sniffed a bit, looking at the boy. He had to try and explain this whole feeling, but he didn't know how much time he had to do so. "I understand if you don't, though. In the end, I was more of a jerk than you, and I said stuff I don't mean, and... I'm sorry, Rhys, I really am." He sighed, slumping a bit after releasing so many words he'd needed to say.

Diamond Wales

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:47 pm
User Image
                                                  I try to make you see my side
                                                  I always try to stay in line
                                                  But your eyes see right through
                                                  That's all they do.
                                                  I'm getting buried in this place,
                                                  I've got no room, you're in my face,
                                                  Don't say anything, just go away.

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ || Sᴇᴇᴋᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Rhys wanted to melt into the table the moment he heard Gid start to speak. He knew it was coming, Gid wasn't stupid. Gid just didn't have the same kind of intelligence Rhys did. However, his head shot up as he heard Gid apologize to him for being a jerk. Jaw hanging open, he tried to talk again, but that strange blockage was there, and as Rhys didn't have his old notepad and pen, he couldn't just write his reply. He just prayed that Gid hadn't stopped studying sign language because of Rhys systematically destroying every relationship he had. Hands rose hesitantly, and Rhys had to remind himself that this was Gid, it wasn't some monster his anger and depression spawned. "It's... not your fault. I... I was a bad friend. You were trying to help. I know you were. I... I just didn't realize at the time I needed help."

Admitting he needed help was a hard pill to swallow. He'd been silent for a long time, even before Aedan left. Ciaran was talking about taking him to a mind healer, and possibly getting him to talk to someone outside the situation. However, that thought terrified him. He was absolutely the worst at communication, and he knew without a doubt that whatever transpired with a therapist, he wouldn't be able to disappear. The therapist wouldn't let him, in any case. He turned his thoughts back to Gid, however, shoving thoughts about his upcoming sessions with a complete stranger out of his mind for now. "I'm sorry. For being an awful friend. I... I'm not sure if I deserve a friend like you. Logically, you had every right to just leave and never deal with me again."

════════════════════════

Thinking: Why can't I say anything?
                                                  OOC:

If you were dead or still alive
                                                  Just go and leave this all behind,
                                                  I don't care (I swear)
                                                  I don't care... at all.

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:21 pm
User Image
User Image

Gideon watched Rhys, wondering how the boy would take to his apology. Rhys seemed to be trying to talk, trying to come up with words... And after a minute, he signed. It took a second, and a bit of context cluing, but Gid figured out a rough translation. After thinking for a second to remember words, Gid signed back. "I be here to talk for you. I help you all time." He grinned, wondering how he did. He hadn't practiced his signing in a couple months, so he knew it would be rough. Hopefully, though, Rhys would get the message and accept Gid's offer to help.

Gid blinked at his friend, deciding that yes, they were friends. Maybe not on the best of terms, but they were most certainly friends. Rhys seemed nervous about something, but, following old advice from the Ravenclaw, he didn't speak of it. It just wouldn't do to upset him again! Rhys signed, saying he didn't deserve a friend like Gid, and that he probably should have left. Gid shook his head a bit, a small smile on his lips. This time, he decided to make sure he used all the correct words, and spoke aloud, though quietly. "Rhys, friendship... I don't think it works like that. Heck, one fight shouldn't be enough to destroy a friendship. As for deserving me, I'll point out that I could have been a bit less... intrusive? I mean, respected that you wanted quiet. I was just worried you might do something stupid. You're far too smart for stupid stunts." He grinned, hoping they were really and truly on the road to rebuilding their relationship. He missed his best friend!

Diamond Wales

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:13 pm
Dear Prudence, greet the brand new day!
The sun is up, the sky is blue...
It's beautiful and so are you!
Dear Prudence, open up your eyes.
Dear Prudence, see the sunny skies.
Look around, round and round-

User Image
p r u d e n c e
" p r u "
l o w e r y

gryffindor purebloodcaptain & keeper fifth year

The final feast of the school year was never quite as interesting as the first, given the lack of a Sorting and whatnot, but the level of excitement in the air was probably higher. Pru, for one, was more than ready for the summer to begin. She was done with Quidditch, done with her OWLs, and ready to relax. Even Rhys seemed to have settled down as spring had set in, and for that she was grateful. She could not have taken another summer like last. Slytherin was going to win everything tonight, House Cup and Quidditch Cup, but her team had played better than last year, and they could only go up from here. She was certainly more hopeful about the future. And no NEWTs until seventh year! She'd finished packing just before coming down for the feast, and this time tomorrow she would be home. She was looking forward to it.

OOC:

The wind is low, the birds will sing...
That you are part of everything!
Dear Prudence, let me see you smile.
Dear Prudence, like a little child.
The clouds will be a daisy chain,
So let me see you smile again.

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 189 190 191 192 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games