Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh My Gold! Polls, Contests, Give-a-ways & More!

Back to Guilds

This Guild consists of Polls, Contests, Events, Giveeaways and much more! 

Tags: Conversation, Polls, SonZack, Contests, Friends 

Reply Oh My Gold! Main Forum
Rules Of The Guild Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rules
  +1
View Results

zoey_100
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:01 pm
User Image
Thread Introduction

First, we would like to inform you guys of a few of the changes that are going on right now. In this main forum we will continue to have polls in every thread. We have also added some new contests for you guys. There is now an Ultimate Bump Contest [x] and an Ultimate Quiz Thread [x] for you guys to enjoy! We will soon have a General Discussion Thread where you will be able to talk about whatever you guys want. We will continue to update this guild with tons of other new things such as Fun Events where you guys will be able to win TONS of prizes. We will also be starting to host Giveaways in the guild! We want to create a guild where you guys will be able to do almost everything! As diversified as possible so you will never be bored!

Second, all links in this thread are safe. I wrote them myself, URL and all. But that is not the case for many links that are floating around Gaia. Be aware of this.

Third, if, for any reason, you are dissatisfied with any of the rules and would like to make amends to them please PM ME WITH YOUR SUGGESTION [x].

Fourth I would ask of you to, please, read the rules. Then read them again. Then commit them to memory. We do not want to ban you from this lovely guild for silly reasons.

And so, without further ado, I present to you the rules*

1. Follow Gaia's T.O.S. This is a given, all over the entire Gaian community. To break the Terms of Service would not only get you reported but you also jeopardize yourself being banned from this guild AND banned from Gaiaonline. This is the first rule because of its importance, I CANNOT emphasize it enough. Follow it and we'll get along fine.

2. Also, along with rule no. 1 and paralleling the rules of the Dreams To Come True Thread, I would like to reinstate that users shall not flame the guild or the users of the guild. This also applies to fighting. No fighting with other users. Debates are fine, as long as they don't become too personal. We do not want unnecessary quarreling, bickering, or drama. Do NOT make the guild environment a stressful environment. If you have a concern about a user, please talk to a moderator and explain your situation. Everyone loves that "stress-free" feeling.

3. Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT PM anyone else, in the guild, for a donation. This also applies to sob-stories. I'm sorry but I don't want to hear it. You may make a thread about your "situation" but please do not create it so that it's dripping with anticipated sympathy. There are some exceptions, but the main portion of this rule pertains to not using other people's inboxes as if they were the Charity forum. I would also like to interject that begging is not allowed either.

4. Please use a semi-literate diction. This applies to the general usage of proper etiquette. Be polite, use proper grammar, have patience, and enjoy yourself. The main thing we'd like to emphasize is that we want to distant users from the laziness of "L33T" speech. You don't have to be perfect with spelling or grammar, just make your sentences understandable.

5. Please try to avoid going overboard with "bumps" or emoticons. I mean it's okay if you are participating in a bumping contest, then by all means, bump away. I don't want to impede you from being active. But I'm talking about the million-bumps-in-one-post kinda thing, where there is literally a block of text with the same word over and over again; or the emoticon posts that have all 45 different emotes crammed into a single post with no real purpose. Please avoid such antics.

6. Please avoid page stretching.There are those few users out there, who are running on IE. Page stretching is discouraged. It is also slightly annoying so please refrain from it. You may post an item or picture that may stretch the page, but then, after many have seen it, you will be advised to edit your post.

7. Please be responsible. I understand that Mods aren't around 24/7 so I ask that each member please be responsible. This also ties in with rule No. 6, whereas you are expected to be responsible and do things without having to be told, for example, resizing an image or editing a post. It's okay. You don't have to be perfect. We all make mistakes. Try your best. That's all we're asking.

8. Advertise for us? The only way to make this guild grow is to get to tell people about it, and we'd like you to get the word out. Tell people. Advertise, but don't break the Terms of Service. Advertise intelligently. Add links to your external threads. Add links to your signature. I will try my best, through local connections, to try to affiliate ourselves with other Guilds so that our name will get out to the Gaian world. Let's make this guild grow.

9. Keep us alive. Easier said than done. I know many people will miss out due to school and stuff, and frankly, that's totally understandable. It's alright if you join the guild and post rarely, the important thing is that you at least post. Keep the conversations running. Debate things. You can also keep us alive by donating. You may want to talk to Zack about donating, since he holds most of the funds. But that is another important way to keep our good intentions satisfied. Donations don't magically appear. We work. We work hard. Help is always appreciated. Donators and regulars are, and will always be, loved.

1O. And lastly have fun; enjoy your stay.This rule is basically self explanatory. Enjoy your self. Make new friends. Isn't that what Gaia is really about. <33

█████████████████████████████████████████████

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:34 am
smile ok ill be nice biggrin no worrys smile  

xionfairy

Design-it

Newbie Gekko

6,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:31 am
i have and had a question from loong long time
Where the gold goes that we donate ?

and can i make my self a special bump linking to this guild

like i have a bump made for my shop.. :
here it is
User Image
its linked to my store ..  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:31 am
ill be a good girl, i promise xd  

stephunoi

Loser Laili

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:04 pm
Read and completely understood =)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:52 pm
D: shall read bright and early tomorrow! I love the new graphics btw  

Imalyose

Distinct Gekko

3,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50

Tiki of the Naga Clan

Questionable Inquisitor

6,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:18 pm
Sounds very reasonable to me! I will follow them to the best of my ability!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:12 am
ill follow them  

X_mavish_X

NekoRose93

2,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:51 pm
ill be a good girl XD i promise  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:26 am
zoey_100
User Image
Thread Introduction

First, we would like to inform you guys of a few of the changes that are going on right now. In this main forum we will continue to have polls in every thread. We have also added some new contests for you guys. There is now an Ultimate Bump Contest [x] and an Ultimate Quiz Thread [x] for you guys to enjoy! We will soon have a General Discussion Thread where you will be able to talk about whatever you guys want. We will continue to update this guild with tons of other new things such as Fun Events where you guys will be able to win TONS of prizes. We will also be starting to host Giveaways in the guild! We want to create a guild where you guys will be able to do almost everything! As diversified as possible so you will never be bored!

Second, all links in this thread are safe. I wrote them myself, URL and all. But that is not the case for many links that are floating around Gaia. Be aware of this.

Third, if, for any reason, you are dissatisfied with any of the rules and would like to make amends to them please PM ME WITH YOUR SUGGESTION [x].

Fourth I would ask of you to, please, read the rules. Then read them again. Then commit them to memory. We do not want to ban you from this lovely guild for silly reasons.

And so, without further ado, I present to you the rules*

1. Follow Gaia's T.O.S. This is a given, all over the entire Gaian community. To break the Terms of Service would not only get you reported but you also jeopardize yourself being banned from this guild AND banned from Gaiaonline. This is the first rule because of its importance, I CANNOT emphasize it enough. Follow it and we'll get along fine.

2. Also, along with rule no. 1 and paralleling the rules of the Dreams To Come True Thread, I would like to reinstate that users shall not flame the guild or the users of the guild. This also applies to fighting. No fighting with other users. Debates are fine, as long as they don't become too personal. We do not want unnecessary quarreling, bickering, or drama. Do NOT make the guild environment a stressful environment. If you have a concern about a user, please talk to a moderator and explain your situation. Everyone loves that "stress-free" feeling.

3. Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT PM anyone else, in the guild, for a donation. This also applies to sob-stories. I'm sorry but I don't want to hear it. You may make a thread about your "situation" but please do not create it so that it's dripping with anticipated sympathy. There are some exceptions, but the main portion of this rule pertains to not using other people's inboxes as if they were the Charity forum. I would also like to interject that begging is not allowed either.

4. Please use a semi-literate diction. This applies to the general usage of proper etiquette. Be polite, use proper grammar, have patience, and enjoy yourself. The main thing we'd like to emphasize is that we want to distant users from the laziness of "L33T" speech. You don't have to be perfect with spelling or grammar, just make your sentences understandable.

5. Please try to avoid going overboard with "bumps" or emoticons. I mean it's okay if you are participating in a bumping contest, then by all means, bump away. I don't want to impede you from being active. But I'm talking about the million-bumps-in-one-post kinda thing, where there is literally a block of text with the same word over and over again; or the emoticon posts that have all 45 different emotes crammed into a single post with no real purpose. Please avoid such antics.

6. Please avoid page stretching.There are those few users out there, who are running on IE. Page stretching is discouraged. It is also slightly annoying so please refrain from it. You may post an item or picture that may stretch the page, but then, after many have seen it, you will be advised to edit your post.

7. Please be responsible. I understand that Mods aren't around 24/7 so I ask that each member please be responsible. This also ties in with rule No. 6, whereas you are expected to be responsible and do things without having to be told, for example, resizing an image or editing a post. It's okay. You don't have to be perfect. We all make mistakes. Try your best. That's all we're asking.

8. Advertise for us? The only way to make this guild grow is to get to tell people about it, and we'd like you to get the word out. Tell people. Advertise, but don't break the Terms of Service. Advertise intelligently. Add links to your external threads. Add links to your signature. I will try my best, through local connections, to try to affiliate ourselves with other Guilds so that our name will get out to the Gaian world. Let's make this guild grow.

9. Keep us alive. Easier said than done. I know many people will miss out due to school and stuff, and frankly, that's totally understandable. It's alright if you join the guild and post rarely, the important thing is that you at least post. Keep the conversations running. Debate things. You can also keep us alive by donating. You may want to talk to Zack about donating, since he holds most of the funds. But that is another important way to keep our good intentions satisfied. Donations don't magically appear. We work. We work hard. Help is always appreciated. Donators and regulars are, and will always be, loved.

1O. And lastly have fun; enjoy your stay.This rule is basically self explanatory. Enjoy your self. Make new friends. Isn't that what Gaia is really about. <33

█████████████████████████████████████████████

i hope i didnt break any rules cause this guild is awesome!!!  

lucariopokemonsonic

4,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200

Painforpleasure

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:14 pm
yayy , rules keep good guilds alive! whee  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:01 pm
I, Lee, will follow all rules benounced apon me and follow them.  

Ultimate_X-23

Ozaetra

5,250 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:08 am
The rules aren't too troublesome... I won't break any, I'm sure. stare  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:41 pm
zoey_100
6. Please avoid page stretching. There are those few users out there, who are running on IE. Page stretching is discouraged. It is also slightly annoying so please refrain from it. You may post an item or picture that may stretch the page, but then, after many have seen it, you will be advised to edit your post.

Bold sentence is me!  

Xanibabe

Aged Noob

laCCDiane

5,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bidding War 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:18 am
LOL I use both IE and firefox but don't like page stretching anyway.  
Oh My Gold! Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff