Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Idea for a Subforum Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you like a blog subforum?
  Yes, I'd use it.
  I'd like to read it, but I wouldn't know what to write.
  I feel it would be a waste of a subforum
View Results

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:14 pm
I feel a subforum where everyone who wished to participate could have their own thread and write in it almost like a blog.

I don't feel there should be any requirements on the posters, but that part of the first page would allow the intent of the author and their desires for their thread to be known. Someone may feel they would rather not invite comments into the thread itself, and that could help bring new threads into the main part of the guild as posts create responses.

Does anyone else like this idea? A place in the guild where we can work in our own threads that aren't always about our path itself, but also parts of our lives and the process of our growth and our personal interests.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:41 pm
Seriously, I think this is a cool idea. I mean, I am unsure why you don't have more support. Not only would this be good in general, it would be good for the blogger as well. It can link those with similiar ideas/paths/interests. Also, it can help other learn and not feel alone. You should really bring this up with the crew.  

bobkitty1123

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:47 pm
Brass actually brought it up with me earlier, but I wanted to find out if it had more support amongst the masses.

I think it's a really neat idea; I just want to make sure that people would actually use it. So please, if y'all like the idea, please say so, and give your own ideas. We have plenty in the coffers to do a new subforum, so no worries on that end.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:12 pm
I like the idea!  

patch99329

FlySammyJ

Liberal Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:32 pm
While I don't think I would really use it, I'm not opposed to the idea. Some of our paths in particular are much easier to understand in the context of day-to-day life rather than the big abstractions.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:42 pm
demisara
While I don't think I would really use it, I'm not opposed to the idea. Some of our paths in particular are much easier to understand in the context of day-to-day life rather than the big abstractions.

I agree. It would also help draw the guild closer together since people are sharing their personal lives.  

Sam Oaken Willow 17

bobkitty1123

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:53 am
Sam Oaken Willow 17
demisara

I agree. It would also help draw the guild closer together since people are sharing their personal lives.
'

Hey Sam. And yes, we could use some closeness among such a large guild.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:32 am
bobkitty1123
Sam Oaken Willow 17
demisara

'

Hey Sam. And yes, we could use some closeness among such a large guild.

Hi! I know I'd enjoy reading the blogs and occasionally commenting but I'm not so sure I'd be dedicated enough to keep one up. Busy with school and such. smile  

Sam Oaken Willow 17

Collowrath

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:44 am
It's possible I would participate, but most would be from my dreamwidth anyhow (which has been neglected as of late). It would definitely be good for people looking for help - it might make it easier to post a question and get a good answer because all the context for it would be readily available in the thread to begin with. All this could be done on a pathways thread I guess, but those are so hard to write just getting started (it was hard for me really, to prioritize the things that are relevant to my path, and the things that I want or even can share) and it could be off-putting for there to be a lot of direct criticism in it.

Essentially, I think it would be a great idea, especially for those people that aren't ready to form a coherent pathways thread. smile I look forward to reading them.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:49 am
Collowrath
It's possible I would participate, but most would be from my dreamwidth anyhow (which has been neglected as of late). It would definitely be good for people looking for help - it might make it easier to post a question and get a good answer because all the context for it would be readily available in the thread to begin with. All this could be done on a pathways thread I guess, but those are so hard to write just getting started (it was hard for me really, to prioritize the things that are relevant to my path, and the things that I want or even can share) and it could be off-putting for there to be a lot of direct criticism in it.

Essentially, I think it would be a great idea, especially for those people that aren't ready to form a coherent pathways thread. smile I look forward to reading them.

I definitely second this. I haven't got my philosophy laid out in any sort of order for a Pathways thread and there's a ton more sources I need to look at, but I would love to use a blog thread for the daily pagan minutiae. And recipes. Lots of recipes.  

AvalonAuggie

4,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:47 pm
I like this idea. Go for it.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:45 pm
I would participate.  

aoijea23487

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:28 am
AvalonAuggie

I definitely second this. I haven't got my philosophy laid out in any sort of order for a Pathways thread and there's a ton more sources I need to look at, but I would love to use a blog thread for the daily pagan minutiae. And recipes. Lots of recipes.

Recipes would be wonderful!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:46 am
That would be cool  

Ishtar Shakti

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:37 pm
I like this idea, though I can't promise to post regularly.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff