Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 ... 2588 2589 2590 2591 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:03 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
What kinds of sounds did you hear around your childhood home? Were there loud sounds from far away that reached you, such as church bells, fire sirens, trains, or industrial activity?
I live in the forest - birds singing, crickets, frogs, creaking of trees in the wind. Thunder and lightning during stormy weather and tings of rain and/or hail on the roof. If there's been a lot of rain, you sometimes hear the creeks nearby. And if the wind is blowing the right direction, you can hear the train downtown.

http://www.tenthousandquestions.com

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:06 pm
What are you learning now — this month, this week, or today?
Tonight I'll be learning what's going on in my high school classmate's lives since I last saw them, especially for those I haven't been following on Facebook.

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:13 pm
Resident: (walks by) I'm breathing better.
Me: Oh?
Me: (inner thoughts) Yeah, well, that's what happens when you don't smoke.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:15 pm
What was the largest event you ever attended, or the biggest crowd that you were a part of?
Probably Taylor Swift's concert.

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:17 pm
What is one miraculous or extremely lucky thing that happened to you recently?
My receptionist co-worker was able to cover both of the days I was wanting off meaning I get to attend my friend's kid's 1st birthday party and get to go to RCCC!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:28 pm
Which do you worry about most: money issues, relationship conflicts, or potentially embarrassing social situations?
Hmm... none of the above. I'm more worried about doing the best I can at work, always trying to do what is expected of me - and some. My mood can be drastically affected if I discover I made a major mistake (or seems major to me but isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things).

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:30 pm
When you feel under pressure, what parts of your body are the first to be affected? What physical symptoms help you notice that you are under too much stress?
I don't know if I've noticed certain parts of my body to be affected. I know I start feeling quite anxious after awhile and overwhelmed, unable to focus on anything because I feel like my mind is trying to focus on everything at once. If it gets too much for me, I could easily start crying.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:31 pm
We hear a lot of music incidentally — on the radio, in an office or store, in a friend's car — but what's the last music you deliberately chose and listened to?
VoicePlay's Moana medley. They just released their video for it recently. They did a great job with the songs, especially with transitioning from one song to another.

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:32 pm
Almost time for me to head off. So glad that this work shift is over with. It was starting to feel a bit too long for awhile there.

And then I get to get ready for the reunion...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:37 am
Good morning.

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:43 am
Recall who you were on January 1, 1999. What did you in 1999 foresee for the 2009 you, ten years on? Who did 1999-you expect you to be now? What, who, and where did you expect you to be doing, thinking, eating, drinking, vacationing, working, living, and loving on January 1, 2009?
To be honest, I don't really know if my 1999-self had any specific ideas of what my 2009-self (or future self in general) would be doing. I suppose she expected my future self to continue her education towards reaching her goal of being an author (which I did end up doing). Relationships wasn't really an important thing for my 1999-self at the time, so whether I was with someone or not didn't really matter.

To be completely honest, 1999 was the year that I started developing the idea of who I wanted to be and started the friendships I would still have today. So in January, it would've still be a blank slate... or at least a slate filled with random scribblings that may or may not be part of the final future-me concept.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:46 am
If you could have one superpower (like a cartoon superhero), what would that be? What would you do with it?
Empathic Mimicry has become my automatic response to this question now. Ever since I learned about it from Heroes, it's always seemed like the perfect fit for who I am. I'm an empath in real life, so why not have it extend into a super power?

I would try to make the world a better place. Though I don't know if I would want to be a big name superhero like how Superman or Batman are. I would be more comfortable being one of the lesser known heroes. One that does good for the world but doesn't need to feel like a god doing so.

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:58 am
If you could change three things about your job, could you turn it into your perfect job? Avoid things like "my boss suddenly turns into Jude Law/Jessica Alba," or "I get a raise of a million dollars" or "I suddenly get named CEO"; think of three things that are in the realm of possibility, and which would transform your work experience into something you'd look forward to doing every day.
Hmm... I would love to have my weekends back as days off and not the days I would have to work. You don't realize how many weekend-oriented events you participate in until you get a job that's weekend based.

I've been getting more involved with the activities at the facility, so I've always been curious on what the "Program Assistant" position (which is currently vacant - but there's been no indication that they want to fill it) is and whether it's something I could shift over to doing. Being the receptionist has been good but it's starting to get to me... and I want something that allows me to still interact with the residents on a similar level I've been doing now but allows me to be more behind-the-scenes in a sense rather than the very first person someone sees or hears (if calling on the phone). Especially on the busier days.

Final thing? Keys for the doors to access items I need to complete my tasks for my day. I would love to be able to get into the building using a key from outside in the morning rather than having to have someone come open the door for me or walk around to the side door by the Kitchen. Then if I wanted to vacuum something, I can grab the vacuum myself and not have to ask a caregiver to get it for me. Always is a pain when I want to do something right then and there but have to wait almost a half hour or sometimes several hours before a caregiver has a break in their tasks to get it for me.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:07 am
Of all the friends you have, which friend lives the farthest distance away from you? How far away is he or she? How did you become friends?
I have one friend who lives up in Alaska (she's about 1500 miles away) and then one friend who moved to Connecticut a couple years ago (she's about 2400 miles away). The first friend I met at school in 5th grade; the second friend I've known since kindergarten - her mother was one of my first bus drivers.

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:11 am
Which is more important in a movie: enjoyable characters, or an engaging story? Can you enjoy a movie if you don't sympathize with any of the characters? What about if the story is too predictable or unbelievable?
I've seen movies before where the story was interesting but I couldn't enjoy them completing because I couldn't connect with the characters. I think it's easier to engage oneself into a movie storyline when you can connect with a character because you can feel like you can be a friend or an acquaintance of that person... rather than some omnipotent being looking from the heavens. As for predictability... depends on the movie. It's a comedy-parody like film, then obviously it's what makes the film good. If it's not, then it can make it harder to enjoy the movie because you don't feel surprised by anything that is revealed as the movie goes on.

"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 ... 2588 2589 2590 2591 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games