Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iRTsuki

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:34 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor
AisuruTsuki
but then doesnt god give us free will. When i think this and how it relates to christianity i think yes i have the will to do whatever i want because hey isnt it acording to "Gods" plan anyways.

Sure, God gave us free will, but that doesn't mean that we should go out and do whatever we want.

err i ment to type somthing like that but yea its a push and pull thing in my mind, and i cant get the right words for it. but in one way yes you do have free will, and yes that also means dont go out and do whatever you want, thats where morals tie in. and when it comes to magic to me i feel it more acceptable on what its being used for, ie (protection, healing, changing ones self from the inside for the better) but other then that i would say that magic after that is usless and harmful, and shouldnt be practiced for any other reason IMO. but thats just where i stand on that.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:01 pm
Magic........... magic is really weird . i have it is very much real. I agree with everyone who say's that the demon's have controll over it.  

Goddess Mariha

android_22

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:23 pm
This is a funny thread. So whats the deal going on here? Guys got so wrapped up in arguing, whats the main discussion here?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:45 pm
Magic does exist. It exists through the power of the demons and Satan. When someone decides to use magic, he or she is opening a door to demon possession. At a certain point, the demon actually enters the person and the person no longer has control over what he or she is doing. A very good friend of mine, Rev. Terry Baxter, has encountered demon possession in someone who used to use a Ouija board.

Magic uses abilities other than God's. God is a jealous God because of how people rely on themselves rather than Him for seemingly impossible tasks. Jealousy for the right reason is not a sin, because God is the only One worthy of praise and worship. In this case, "jealousy" means "intolerant of unfaithfulness or rivalry". When someone is jealous for God, it means that they anxiously wish to have others know Him.  

rillegas08

divineseraph

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:07 pm
rillegas08
Magic does exist. It exists through the power of the demons and Satan. When someone decides to use magic, he or she is opening a door to demon possession. At a certain point, the demon actually enters the person and the person no longer has control over what he or she is doing. A very good friend of mine, Rev. Terry Baxter, has encountered demon possession in someone who used to use a Ouija board.

Magic uses abilities other than God's. God is a jealous God because of how people rely on themselves rather than Him for seemingly impossible tasks. Jealousy for the right reason is not a sin, because God is the only One worthy of praise and worship. In this case, "jealousy" means "intolerant of unfaithfulness or rivalry". When someone is jealous for God, it means that they anxiously wish to have others know Him.

lol k  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:04 pm
I belive in magic.
i belive it is a tool.
For the people who may choose to use it.
Just like guns help kill people.
Magick helps[/] people do good and evil.
Though, I am not a suporter of the "cauldron" type.
I do use it, but I am more attached to The power of mind.
I belive the will is the only power...
though I use that idea to explain G/god's power.
but, to conclude:
Magic = Tool. Mind = Awe-some.

iy8970970607

The_Lord_is_My_Shepard

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:45 am
Magic is real. Here is what I find in the Bible that talks about this subject.

Exodus 22:18
Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

Leviticus 19:31
Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God.

Deuteronomy 18:10 - 12
There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch. Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

Revelations 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Revelations 22:15
For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Galations 5:19 - 21
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:01 am
Jedediah Smith
Sukairaa
I think it is real, I mean, God says not to do it, so that may mean magic exists. It also may mean it's fake, but don't try it anyway. I'm kind of confused

Magic (also called witchcraft) is forbidden because its a form of idolatry. Witchcraft is a form of communication/worship with demons ("other Gods" in paganism) to gain a spiritual power that is not from YHWH (God). There are different religions that use witchcraft but its still the religion of demons. Now, I'm not trying to say that everyone who is in a non-Christian religion acknowledges that they are worshipping demons or satan. However, the power behind witchcraft and worshipping other 'Gods' is demonic. Does witchcraft exist? Yes, the evil spiritual force exists but its very limited and below compared to God's power.

I agree with this guy. 3nodding  

Miss Pagan Rose

Blessed Bookworm

14,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Champion 300
  • Hellraiser 500

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:43 pm
Magic is not good or evil. Magic does not have color that corresponds with it. There is no white, black, blue, red or green magic. (In Final Fantasy there are ~__^) What makes it "good" or "bad" is what the intent of the user is. If the user wants to heal people it's "good" if the user wants to maim someone then it's "bad".

Now by looking at the Bible, I would say that the term witchcraft is used for the unknown. Back then if you used science or was interested in the unknown it was dubbed witchcraft. Because people back then had a lack of understanding that of which is the unknown. Same goes for now. Now if the apostles came to our time and saw you using that nifty little computer, ipod, cell phone, etc. They would call those nifty technological devices, objects of witchcraft, and call you a witch and would more than likely stone you. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:44 pm
Dark Angel Rai
Magic is not good or evil. Magic does not have color that corresponds with it. There is no white, black, blue, red or green magic. (In Final Fantasy there are ~__^) What makes it "good" or "bad" is what the intent of the user is. If the user wants to heal people it's "good" if the user wants to maim someone then it's "bad".

Now by looking at the Bible, I would say that the term witchcraft is used for the unknown. Back then if you used science or was interested in the unknown it was dubbed witchcraft. Because people back then had a lack of understanding that of which is the unknown. Same goes for now. Now if the apostles came to our time and saw you using that nifty little computer, ipod, cell phone, etc. They would call those nifty technological devices, objects of witchcraft, and call you a witch and would more than likely stone you. biggrin

The thing is, all magic falls under the category of 'not from God' and thus, not good.

From a non-Christian perspective, I can see what your saying though.

As a side note, God grants power too. I kind of wonder what the requirements for it are sometimes.  

ShideKnight

divineseraph

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:48 pm
ShideKnight
Dark Angel Rai

The thing is, all magic falls under the category of 'not from God' and thus, not good.

As a side note, God grants power too. I kind of wonder what the requirements for it are sometimes.

But all things come from God.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:21 pm
divineseraph
ShideKnight
Dark Angel Rai

You know, maybe there is a semantics discussion to have about it, but the meaning is what is more important, and I think the meaning is pretty clear.  

ShideKnight

divineseraph

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:22 am
ShideKnight
divineseraph
ShideKnight
Dark Angel Rai

You know, maybe there is a semantics discussion to have about it, but the meaning is what is more important, and I think the meaning is pretty clear.

If it is a power that exists, it must have come from God, from the Prima Materia. Therefore, the magic itself, should it exist, can not be evil.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:52 pm
ShideKnight
Dark Angel Rai

All things come from God. God is the creator of both good and evil. God is absoulte and nature comes from God. The magic that pagans used is nature based. Magic in itself doesn't have an attribute, it's not good nor is it evil on it's own. What gives it's attribute is when someone uses it. Take a gun for example. On it's own, the gun isn't good or evil nor is it harmful. When someone uses it does it become good, evil or harmful. The attribute of that gun is dependent of the intent of the person using it. Same with religion. Same with Christianity.  

Neferet -House of Night-

Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces