*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Debate and Discussion
Hmmm. Magic Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Submit

Sukairaa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:42 pm
I think it is real, I mean, God says not to do it, so that may mean magic exists. It also may mean it's fake, but don't try it anyway. I'm kind of confused  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:24 pm
Sukairaa Wrote:
I think it is real, I mean, God says not to do it, so that may mean magic exists. It also may mean it's fake, but don't try it anyway. I'm kind of confused

Magic (also called witchcraft) is forbidden because its a form of idolatry. Witchcraft is a form of communication/worship with demons ("other Gods" in paganism) to gain a spiritual power that is not from YHWH (God). There are different religions that use witchcraft but its still the religion of demons. Now, I'm not trying to say that everyone who is in a non-Christian religion acknowledges that they are worshipping demons or satan. However, the power behind witchcraft and worshipping other 'Gods' is demonic. Does witchcraft exist? Yes, the evil spiritual force exists but its very limited and below compared to God's power.  

Jedediah Smith

Bagpipejihad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:36 am
WOW I did not know that there was so much about magic. I just thought well you know. . . . Harry Potter. I thought that was it with the wands and big black culdrens and such. But you guys know way more aobut this I see. But I I had a choice I would have to see magic work before I did it. smilies/icon_ninja.gif  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:08 pm
Does magic exist? Is the earth round?

Of course it does (well, not that wicca stuff. That's just bull-hockey. still pretty evil, though). It is, however, as Jedediah put it, qite demonic.

Harry potter is just fiction. You know, make-believe. It is no more inherently evil then little kids playing house.  

ioioouiouiouio

Sinner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:12 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor Wrote:
Of course it does

Huh?

Yeah, of course it exists. It's only completely untestable, but since when does that mean anything?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:20 pm
Sinner Wrote:
Huh?

Yeah, of course it exists. It's only completely untestable, but since when does that mean anything?

Sinner, you're talking to Christians.

God is untestable.  

ioioouiouiouio

Glorified Soul

Partying Reveler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:21 pm
Does magic exist? Is the earth round?

This made me chuckle.

Quote:
Of course it does (well, not that wicca stuff. That's just bull-hockey. still pretty evil, though). It is, however, as Jedediah put it, qite demonic.

I must agree. Magic is Satan's work. Quiji, yup, real. Fun? Ha. No. Things like that really are related to the work of Satan's demons.

Quote:
Harry potter is just fiction. You know, make-believe. It is no more inherently evil then little kids playing house.

And again, I agree. Harry Potter isn't evil.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:48 pm
Sinner Wrote:
Huh?

Sinner, you're talking to Christians.

God is untestable.
Oh, I know. But just because you're accepting one absurdity doesn't mean that you should accept more of them.  

Sinner

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:24 pm
Sinner Wrote:
Oh, I know. But just because you're accepting one absurdity doesn't mean that you should accept more of them.

Ah, but belief in the first 'absurdity' (the judeo-christian god) requires belief in the second 'absurdity' (demonic forces and their works).  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:33 pm
-mutters- Alright, I give up. But if you guys get banned, its on your own heads.

Yes, magic is there. Not the Harry Potter stuff, that's all just a story. Wands are not real, flying broomsticks are not real, neither are culdrons or magic potions or anything like that.

What IS real is the "magic" of the demons. Satan, basically. The other posts put it quite nicely.  

ShakouMari-na

Sinner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:35 pm
Sinner Wrote:

Ah, but belief in the first 'absurdity' (the judeo-christian god) requires belief in the second 'absurdity' (demonic forces and their works).

...but not magic.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:47 pm
Sinner Wrote:

...but not magic.

Magic is the manifestation of demonic works in the physical realm.

And we won't be banned Shakou. We haven't broken any rules. We're just arguing over semantics.  

ioioouiouiouio

Sinner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:21 pm
Magic is the manifestation of demonic works in the physical realm.

Whoa, you get to redefine words to fit your belief system?

Hot damn! I need a dictionary and some white-out!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:28 am
Sinner Wrote:
Whoa, you get to redefine words to fit your belief system?

Hot damn! I need a dictionary and some white-out!

No, I get to explain things to fit my belief system. Kinda like you do, except you have to do it in a scientific type of way (which, of course, utterly fails at explaining things which are outside of science [like God or magic]).

and oh fudge-a-doodle-doo. Why was this moved? Two people disagreeing with each other DOES NOT make a debate. Yes, it's Sinner and I, but that really does not change anything. This thread is not, and probably will not become, a debate in way, shape or form.  

ioioouiouiouio

Sinner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:11 am
No, I get to explain things to fit my belief system.

Explaining what, exactly?  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games