Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
NEED HELP, AND FAST!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

thrashmetaljunkie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:35 am
i am playin in a competition the assemblies of god fine arts national competition in detroit this august. i need something to play. something pretty advanced, but not too advanced that i can learn in a couple months. I cant think of anything. it has to be sacred. Anything from Bach, handel, or pachelbel (that's sacred) would work. and even more important, it needs to be for piano. thanks for anyone who gives some help.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:26 am
You should look at these pieces before deciding whether or not you will play them. All of these pieces are by Bach, and are included in the RCM Repertoire books.
Sinfonia No.11 in G Major BWV 797; Prelude and Fugue in D Major BWV 850; Prelude and Fugue in C Major (unsure of BWV for this one). If these are too advanced, try Little Prelude in E Minor BWV 938 or Little Prelude in D Major BWV 936. I hope this helps.  

Orizion

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:06 pm
Try looking up contempary piano pieces like "In Zanarkand" by Nobuo Uematsu, Song of Prayer by Nobuo Uematsu or Eternity Memory by Nobuo Uematsu.

Or Icaro Again by....ugh can't remember his name. He was the composer of Shadow Hearts: Covenant.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games