Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Fans guild

Back to Guilds

A place for fans of every type to come and hang out. Everyone is welcome. 

Tags: random, role playing, naruto, anime, videogames 

Reply Chatterbox
RP concept: Please review!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raziel Sarafin

5,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:14 pm
I have an idea for an RP, but I'm still gathering my concepts together. I have a rough draft, so I'd like your opinions on it! Comments are great, feed back is even better, and offers to join are also quite welcome! Enjoy my madness!!! I call it:

Jacob's Ladder

The year is 3147. The third dimension is ours, but the forth dimension took a bit more work: around 2012 things got pretty bad, as the fourth dimension started to bleed through into our world. They were tough, but not very smart: our way of doing things was utterly backwards to them, and we pushed them back through in no time. Around 2030 they came back, and this time they knew what they were doing: better tactics, better weapons; but still the same result. We pushed 'em back again, but this time we took some prisoners. Turns out they were using these things called slipgates to get into the third dimension, our home; it was a simple matter to reverse engineer the tech, and soon we were able to launch our own incursion against them. 2041 was the date of our first assault, and by 2060, we had total domination of their version of Earth.

See, this is how the dimensions work: they're all tied together, but in different ways. The first and second dimensions are supposedly "Extinct" according to the 4-Ders, or Taiidan as they call themselves. Our dimension is sort of mythical, as we're the lowest dimension that's supposed to exist. The number stretches into infinity, but many of those are extinct as well. For the purposes of this explanation, only the third and fourth dimensions matter. Anyway, things are different there: Gravity isn't quite right, magnetism and electricity are completely re-written, and don't even get me started on the light: some people go crazy just by viewing it, others find Nirvana and never want to leave. Most of us just find it freaky though: Our colors are the polar opposites of theirs. Our world is vibrant, with a wide range of shades and tones. Their world has all of our colors, but there is no difference in shade and tone: Everything is one color, and only one color. They can get around this by wearing different colors, but the magnitude of our visual spectrum is so different from theirs that most can't even comprehend it and must wear "Shade shields" To prevent them from going blind. Anyway, back to the story.

After we defeated them, our dimensions seemed to seal off. We could still get through once in a while, but it was infrequent. The colonies we had survived: apparently they still fear us for the a**-kicking we gave them, so they take care of the colonies, and we help them when we can. We managed to retrofit the slipgates into teleportation devices, and that was the beginning of a new era in global trade: life was good on Earth again, and we entered a era of peace.

Enter the year 3000.

Suddenly, things went wrong. Our teleports started working like slipgates again, and shipments would end up in ancient Taiidan military bases, with no oxygen and hostile computerized defense batteries trained on them. The Taiidan were as confused as we were, and our economy collapsed. Without the teleporters, people had to go back to the old ways of shipping, and things fell to pieces. As if that wasn't bad enough, the Taiidan began rattling their sabers, and we had to kick their asses again. Another sixty years of war and we managed to get back to the old status quo, but then things just got weird.

Around 3100, the Taiidan began reporting large numbers of missing people near the slipgates. Ours were still fine, and no Taiidan had ended up on our side of the gates, so we were stumped again. After some investigation, we discovered a possible cause: somehow, one of the slipgates had been altered, and became a quantum resonance ladder: a matter-energy conversion anomaly that bridged the gap between the fourth dimension and the fabled sixth dimension. As the fith dimension had been destroyed, this was understandably a very interesting development: too bad it was a trap. As soon as they triggered the gate, the whole universe flipped out, and s**t hit the fan. The whole thing vanished except for two slipgates: the one to Earth, and the one that we now call Jacob's Ladder. It took us forty years to get the balls to step back into the fourth dimension, and another seven to develop the tech to survive it. But here we are, standing before the Slipgate to 4D once more: Are you ready to take the first step into the unknown?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:23 pm
THAT'S ONE HECK OF AN AMAZING CONCEPT!!!!!
(though, it is very long)

I'd love to join if you're going to post it. smile

Uta Sumire

Akira Jaganshi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:21 pm
Ahhh, my brilliant boyfriend, you never cease to amaze. Awesome idea. You know I'll join if you make it.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:00 pm
I love the concept!
Though some things are unclear (like how the dimensions are tied etc.) but it's original.
I'd join smile

Kerushii Dono

Beloved Millionaire

Raziel Sarafin

5,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:09 am
Thank you all! Just for clarification, the story's supposed to be a bit half-cocked: not many people know about the dimensions, and now that the Taiidan are gone we're basically flying blind. The story is all about the journey, and discovery of new things, both wonderful and terrible. It's kinda like letting your mom shop for you: once in a while you find something that's actually good, but mostly it's hideous abominations better forgotten by the minds of decent folk....  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:35 pm
Well I'm still in if you make it!
This should be interesting

Kerushii Dono

Beloved Millionaire

Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items