Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Fans guild

Back to Guilds

A place for fans of every type to come and hang out. Everyone is welcome. 

Tags: random, role playing, naruto, anime, videogames 

Reply Chatterbox
Role play stories (Come pick your favorite!) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Voduhn

Familiar Millionaire

7,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:08 pm
Nothing to see here! xP  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:08 pm
ugh... medieval rp's... overplayed them.  

Beautus

Voduhn

Familiar Millionaire

7,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:21 pm
If you prefer, I could revamp an old sci-fi RP I made before. Also, my RP buddy and I have been wanting to take a whack at a steam punk RP. I will post a summary of them if anyone takes interest.

Also, I now realize I didn't mention it, but #3 was to be set in modern times. Excuse my vagueness! But please try to be more constructive than just shooting down everything in a sentence fragment.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:26 pm
Sticjay05
If you prefer, I could revamp an old sci-fi RP I made before. Also, my RP buddy and I have been wanting to take a whack at a steam punk RP. I will post a summary of them if anyone takes interest.

Also, I now realize I didn't mention it, but #3 was to be set in modern times. Excuse my vagueness! But please try to be more constructive than just shooting down everything in one sentence.

Sorry I was looking at it and I read one and two, then saw three used magic and I was like ooookayyy...

Great storylines, just not my thing, ill read 3 though.

and whats a steam punk rp?  

Beautus

Voduhn

Familiar Millionaire

7,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:53 pm
Steampunk, noun.
definition- Use wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steampunk

Question: Has anyone actually been in a literate RP before, lol?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:55 pm
Sticjay05
Steampunk, noun.
definition- Use wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steampunk

Question: Has anyone actually been in a literate RP before, lol?

its been a while since I rped in a lit rp... don't harass me.  

Beautus

Beautus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:02 pm
OHHHH those, yeah I guess that would be cool.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:04 pm
Sorry there, steampunk is a genre that uses Victorian clothing and technology. i.e. steam-powered technology.

That's fine that you haven't been in literate RPs in a while. If you dislike them or are unused to literate RPs, then stick to the other ones in the forum. I asked that question in an inspecific manner. If there is anyone within the guild that enjoys literate RPs to less literate ones, this thread is for them.  

Voduhn

Familiar Millionaire

7,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100

Beautus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:07 pm
Sticjay05
Sorry there, steampunk is a genre that uses Victorian clothing and technology. i.e. steam-powered technology.

That's fine that you haven't been in literate RPs in a while. If you dislike them or are unused to literate RPs, then stick to the other ones in the forum. I asked that question in an inspecific manner. If there is anyone within the guild that enjoys literate RPs to less literate ones, this thread is for them.

yeah, I just dont like it because I like doing other things while I rp... like reading a book, or listening to music, I'm not into typing novels.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:56 am
They all sound really good xD
But if I'd have to pick one it would be the first..
Although, there's no harm in making a roleplay for all of them =)
Maybe not all at once, since that may be a little hard.

Exploding Cookiii

Voduhn

Familiar Millionaire

7,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:42 am
When I say "literate RP" I do not mean the type in which people post novels. All I care about is the quality of the writing. For example, I expect people to capitalize the "I" in "I think I can." The amount some people write is ridiculous. ALL I WANT is for people to use spell check and for their posts to be easy to read. Their personal story should be actually interesting to follow, and they should have a good flow to their work.

Also decorated posts, but I can teach people how to make those, but I don;t think I can host an online creative writing class.

ANYWAY! No one is showing too much interest in these. I'd also like to add they seem a bit too high brow when compared to the RPs already in the guild's forums. What do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:43 pm
Post them all and see who takes them...just cause you post an rp doesn't nessarily mean you HAVE to be in it... but it is kinda needed a bit  

Faithful desires
Captain

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Voduhn

Familiar Millionaire

7,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:50 am
Well, I would still have to moderate them. I don't think people are here to RP, either. Otherwise, the ones you have now would be more successful. None seem too active.

I am starting to believe this guild isn't really my style. Each individual RP needs an identity, and the ones here and most on the site's forum seem to not have much soul.

If I do make an RP, will this guild prove me wrong? I don't want to make all of you change what you like doing, or alter what you enjoy. I just think that you, Kit, picked the wrong guy for this job.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:59 am
Sticjay05
Well, I would still have to moderate them. I don;t think people are here to RP, either. Otherwise, the ones you have now would be more successful. None seem too active.

I am starting to believe this guild isn't really my style. Each individual RP needs an identity, and the ones here and most on the site's forum seem to not have much soul.

If I do make an RP, will this guild prove me wrong? I don't want to make all of you change what you like doing, or alter what you enjoy. I just think that you, Kit, picked the wrong guy for this job.

I honestly think its because most of those RP's in there suck, and were only devoted 4 minutes of attention, just to put some posts in the Roleplay section.

So if you want to create a cool, more fun, awesome, roleplay that's literate. Well, I guess i'll check it out, and if it looks cool, I'll try to become literate to play with you... It's not my thing, but, it wouldn't hurt to try new things.  

Beautus

Voduhn

Familiar Millionaire

7,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:36 pm
Alright, here is my NEW plan. I am going to make a simple RP for everyone to try writing in a more literate style. As for the decorated posts, I can make those for the less savvy of our crew.

The idea is a simple circus RP. The twist is that one member of the circus (played by yours truly) wishes to overthrow the ringmaster and take control of the circus, or even start up his own.

If that story is not well received, I'll make a sci-fi RP that is equally simple.

Those for?  
Chatterbox

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces