Welcome to Gaia! ::

Strive To Be You - A multi-sexual guild

Back to Guilds

For everyone who is different, gay, lesbian, bi, transgendered, questioning, and tons more. 

Tags: gayness, love, lesbiangirl, question, support 

Reply Strive To Be You - A multi-sexual guild
So... read any good books lately? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chikara Kitsune Takashi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:28 pm
Orgen~of~Fire
I just finished reading Max brooks World War Z: An oral history of the zombie war. And its a really good book, it's one of the only other books that I've sat down and read. The other one being the Autobiography of Slash

I loved that, and I thought it was rather funny I told the title to my slow friend and he was like "wait when was that????"  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:29 pm
rofl that is so great!  

Origin-of-Fire

Romantic Flatterer

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Vantineutrasictical

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:03 pm
Chikara Kitsune Takashi
Vantineutrasictical
Chikara Kitsune Takashi

@ Umniya and Vantineutrasictical: I... have never heard of either of those authors. But going on your recommendations I shall look up both of them! Although Vantineutrasictical (and how the HELL do you say your name???), what are Neal Shusterman's books like?

His books are like... a twist on reality. Like in the present, close future or a little bit back in the past ,but only because of the publishing date.
I would recommend reading "Unwind" first. And then "Full Tilt" (If you don't mind a bit of strange reality-not really- and carnivals.)

Vantineutrasictical-
adjective-A state of mind, body and absurity that only some one who comes up with 28 letter words with think of.

Van-tih-new-trah-sis-tih-kll
Van-ti-neu-tr-sic-ti-cal

That actually sounds really interesting, I'll have to give his books a look!

Also I rather like your name now lol.

Thank you. =D  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:27 pm
I just finshed Christopher Pike's Thrist Vol.1 & 2. I'm currently reading Fallen which is a very good book so far. Kiss me Kill me was a alright book.  

Vir Adahlen

Bloodthirsty Inquisitor

16,650 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

LeDameDaphine

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:36 pm
I am very disappointed in you guys. No one's said...

The Wonderful and Amazing Alex Sanchez

You should be ashamed. =P

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:33 am
LeDameDaphine
I am very disappointed in you guys. No one's said...

The Wonderful and Amazing Alex Sanchez

You should be ashamed. =P

Erm... never heard of it *shrug* also you went to a LOT of work to do that...  

Chikara Kitsune Takashi

Spigglesworth
Vice Captain

Dapper Sex Symbol

6,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:28 am
I actually just found a new author I really enjoy
David Gemmel

He writes wonderfully well for my taste  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 pm
I just got done reading Beautiful Boy by David Sheff. Great book on a father's perspective of his sons addiction. I read Tweak, by Nic Sheff (his son) first, so it was really interesting to look at things from his point of view.  

kryttelz

frogger14

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:06 pm
right now im reading bloodtide. sadly only because my gf said i couldnt read her fanfic till i read the book. but i have also got my gf addicted to keeping you a secret. she read half the bood by the end of play rehersal.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:32 pm
Orgen~of~Fire
I just finished reading Max brooks World War Z: An oral history of the zombie war. And its a really good book, it's one of the only other books that I've sat down and read. The other one being the Autobiography of Slash

dude, world war z was the book that brought me back into the literate world!!! i loved it! that and monster island, best zombie books i've read.  

the_forgotten_thought

the_forgotten_thought

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:14 pm
i feel particularly nerdy returning to this topic (i don't read often, actually, so it's pretty weird) but has anyone read john green's "looking for alaska"?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:45 pm
the_forgotten_thought
i feel particularly nerdy returning to this topic (i don't read often, actually, so it's pretty weird) but has anyone read john green's "looking for alaska"?

I'm planning to read that soon. A friend recommended that to me.

Chbosky's The Perks of Being a Wallflower~  

Back in Your Head

the_forgotten_thought

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:15 pm
Back in Your Head
the_forgotten_thought

I'm planning to read that soon. A friend recommended that to me.

Chbosky's The Perks of Being a Wallflower~

my friend has already accepted that it is going to take a long time for me to return that book (wallflower) to him. it's SOOOO good! i loved it.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:36 am
I recommend The Painted Bird, but be ready for some screwed up things.  

Mister Futa

SwirlingDark

Lonely Phantom

9,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:54 am
User ImageUser Image

I recently finished reading the Twilight series, against my better judgement. I went to the trouble because I have a friend who is a fan of the series, and I wanted to be able to sy I'd read it before I hated it.

IF (and here's the really big IF) you can get past the fact that Edward is a bloody stalker, Jacob is a bloody ***** and the fact that Stephanie Meyer writes like a dyslexic eight year old, the story isn't TOO bad. I find the idea of vampires attempting to live alongside the humans interesting, the way they prey on animals is intriguing to me.

I just think it could have been written a lot better.

Strive To Be You - A multi-sexual guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff