I don't know
View Results

Princess_Jujubeans

5,750 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:02 am
It would certainly make the relationship harder... But, who knows maybe you'll be able to lead him to Christ... I say you should pray about it, try it, and see how things go.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:24 am
Gilwen
LadyAmbrosia
Gilwen- I never thought about it like that before, but I see what you mean. But we do have stuff in common (not that it matters anymore), he just thinks that the Bible is alittle far fetched... he thinks that we're an alien experement and evey once in a while they send someone down to teach us something, but we're just not getting it. I think he is just anti-organised religion, he beleives we were created by something, he just doesn't know what...

Crystal_lynixe- I understand what you mean, and I agree, but does not beleiving in God equal mocking him, because like I sied above, he just doesn't beleive in organised religion, that doesn't mean that he doesn't beleive there's a God. Am I just making excuses?

This is a hard position for you to be in. You're going to want to date guys you have feelings for, and you're going to (probably unknowingly) make as many excuses as you need to to justify it to yourself. But in the future, don't make the mistake that thousands do just because of your hormones. Ask yourself this question next time: Will this man be an example of Christ's love to me, will he purposefully encourage me in my faith, and will he be the type of man God wants in my life? If the answers to those questions are no, you know what to do, even if it will be hard, since you have feelings for him. But you'll have those feelings for others in your life. You'll have more chances to fall in love. You will never find a Savior like Jesus Christ. Think of it this way: if God were your earthly father or something would he be happy with the directionyour love interest will lead you if you were together? Would He approve?

~Gilwen

PS I'm sorry about what happened when you were honest with him. The really good thing about waiting for a man who loves God with all his heart is that he will care about the people around him, and he won't be superficial or unkind.

Ya, I understand what your saying, but the problem is, that the only guy's I know are non christian, I mean, even the guy's that I know from church aren't really practicing it. I don't mean that to sound judgemental, but it's the truth, they are all party animals. I just feel like I'll never get my chance. That sounded whinnyer then I ment it to...

Crystak_lynixe- Ya your right, it is about the relationship.

Angelgotspiked- Your right, if it was meant to be, it would be, but somehow that doesn't make me feel better.lol. Ya, I totally agree, I'd have alot to loose if I choose to risk it.

Princess_Jujubeans- Thanks, I will definitly pray for my relationship problems.

Now, I must go, my pizza's getting cold.  

LadyAmbrosia

William Che King

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:42 pm
Here is why Christians are so a**l about this...dating a non-believer not only distracts you from your religion, but you might lose Faith entirely.

Of course, that's for those extreme Christians. I, myself, think it's perfectly fine. As long as he doesn't negatively influence your Faith or morale, go for it.

But if you even consider there being a risk, then don't.

It's happens all the time. You've probably seen it happen.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:19 pm
Well my mom married a non-belever and look at me christan so not nessaceraly  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

LadyAmbrosia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:59 am
Well, that's the thing isn't it? You just never really know if it will effect your faith or not... it's times like these that I really miss my tarrot cards!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:18 pm
LadyAmbrosia
K, so, from what I understand the reason we are not supposed to marry non-beleivers is because the will corrupt your children. So, what if you decide not to have children, could you marry one then. I ask this because the only person I have ever really had a connection with is not Christian, he beleives that we are an alien experiment rolleyes , anyway, I never had a shot before, but now he's broken up with his girlfriend of 3 years, so I'm considering asking him out, but I'm not going to if it could never get that far. I don't want to waste my time, but I have alway's thought he could be the one.

dont do it. if you dont' know him all that well....

look. if yo utihnk that, you're probably pressing too hard. i have read a lot about things like this, and read lots of chritian mags, check out Ignite your faith/campus life...its very good.
anyways, i....

look. sometimes, you are not even meant to have someone in the first place. and if you think he's the one for you...

God will lead you to that person. God Loves you, and will not let you/want you to marry someone who is not christian. i have seen it destroy so much...even in my own home...and good God, it has nothing to do with kids. if you lvoe this person, and marry them, how could you stand to see them everday and know they are going to hell? anyways...ignore dating...sometimes you won't find that right person until your forties. don't rush it...ever. its the worst thing you can do.  

DeanWinchester

sammy002

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:04 am
flyingemu27
LadyAmbrosia
I don't just think he's the one, I know. We agree about everything else important, I know that this is the most important thing, but I can't help how I feel.

You may not be able to help how you feel, nobody really can. But you can help what you do with those feelings. You don't have to act upon your feelings. Just letting you know.

Here's my main concern. You say that you'll work on him and try to convert him.....but once you're in a relationship like that, it's very very hard to accomplish. Cause when you're dating, you'll be afraid that if you push it too hard, he'll break up with you. Then you'll hold back more. And once he says that he doesn't want to talk about it, you'll feel that if you do, it would be another step towards breaking up. My point is, once you get into that kind of relationship, it is 10 times, if not 50 times harder to convert somone.

And right now you may think that he won't damage your faith and you don't plan to let that happen, but chances are it will. He may not purposefully damage it, but his habits might rub off on you, or his statements about christianity might subconscieously affect your faith. Trust me, chances are it will happen. I'm dating a good girlfriend, but she's not a christian and sometimes it hurts my faith.

What I say is that you should get to know him more as a friend, then show him how great God's love and promises are. The earlier you start, the easier it will be. You don't have to get all the way there, but please just try to talk to him about it and get as far as you can before you ask him out.

You might say that if you start talking to him about God now, he won't like you as much and won't say "yes" when you ask him out. You might say that then, you wouldn't get the chance you would have had if you got to know him better later after asking him out. Well, if that happens than I say that, in my opinion, you shouldn't date him anyway. If you get close to him as a friend and he won't listen to you, what makes you think that you'll change him after it's even harder to talk to him about it?

Please consider my words (if you haven't asked him out already gonk ) and I hope this really helps you out. biggrin

see i personnally agree with that ... it's much harder to bring up christ 1'c ur in that relinship and yeah ... it's so hard to change there vews and although u like the guy if u go out eith him ur scared to bring up christ with him as u really genuanlly like the guy and u don't want to risk that realionship by bringing it up
so yeah i personally believe ur better of to not go out with that guy and yeah ... just ask god to help get over ur feelings for him ... after all he made them ... so he can make u change them
see ... if u went out eith him ... how can u expect him to beleive in what u believe when u are going out with some1 following satin
...in my case it was some1 who said they wore christain and u couldn't see that in his life u know ... serving god ... putting god b4 me and so on
so yeah it's a really tuff call ... but i believe its wrong to go out eith a non-christain
"Do not be oked together with the unbeleiver" --->>> 2 corth. 6:12
really reminds me off how wrong it would be ... its 1 thing to hang around them and be loving towards them ... but another to go out with them ... what i take from that verse is that ..... by going out with them ... ur not listerning to gods word propoly and making up ur own mind ... therefore becaming ur own god
as it clearly states not to be yoked together with them
yoked for me means .... going out in a relionship with them ... having a relionship with the devil himself ... because that guy has worldly values
... it was a tuff call for me ... but when i did finally say i couldn't go out with him ... it mayed me feel alot stronger in my faith wth god ... like i truely love him(the lord) over anythig else
... i told him we could be friends ... but u know i just didn't want to make that commitment as i felt like i ws sinning doing so...
.... so yeah im so glad i didn't compromise my values ... by contuning to go out with that guy
it was tuff becuase he didn't want to be friends ... but u get that in a world were satin rules
... but just awaiting the day the lord returns ... when evil will be finally put out ... it makes it all worth it
~~~so yeah for me that i just prayed that god will bring the right guy in his timing ... if at all as his plan maybe for me to be single ... i don't know ... however i know singleness is a gift
and yeah ... its hard ... but instead of compaining there arn't nough christain guys in this world ... i pray that he would bring more guys to him and that they would serve him with all their heart
i hope this helps and i will pray for u in this big issue ...from sammy  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:13 pm
This could also be an opportunity to bring someone into faith.

But this, of course, is only if he is willing. If he doesn't want to, and you keep badgering him about it, then he'll become uninterested.

In my opinion, if you do date (and I'm perfectly fine with it), HE should ask to visit your church.  

William Che King

rftkfan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:44 am
Gilwen
rftkfan
You can quote bible all day long. But it is a problem of the heart. I work in a sport bar. I see life on both sides. If you feel it is ok then fine if not then it is fine. Examine your own feelings.

No. "Do what you feel???" That's the quickest way to screw up your life. Hey, I work for the public schools. I go to a public university. That does not make me an authority on right and wrong. Neither does your limited life experience make you an authority. If someone believes in the Bible, they SHOULD look to it for instruction. With as much respect as I have, I seriously doubt working in a sports bar makes you smarter than the creator of the universe.
Are you a Christian, dude? If you are, just a heads up, you aren't talking like one. I'm not trying to judge you, but where is your faith in the Bible? If you're not a Christian, sorry about the confusion.
Heads up I have seen other aggressive Christian do people wrong then non-christians. People are not defined by there actions but by there heart. With the eye of the mind you can see the real person and not the facaude people show.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:19 am
DeanWinchester- Thankyou. I never thought about it like that before... I hope I don't have to wait 'till I'm forty though, eeech! lol. I understand though, it would be good for me to be with a non-Christian... I still think about him every day... it's so hard for me... I miss the sound of his voice... Oh, don't evenwant to think about it.

Sammy002- I know where your coming from, I don't want to compromise my values either. But I still think about him. But I do know that the relationship I want is not possible. And excepting is the first step, right?

William C. Wonka- I don't think he'd be willing, I mean we used to talk about that stuff, but he liked to talk more in a theoretical scense, he always listened though... I think that's why I liked him in teh first place, he payed attention to me, and made me feel like what I was saying was really important... no one else listened to me like that. Most of the guy's I'd talk to, they would just get me to 'help' with their homework... he would actually try to understand it... Oh no, now I miss him more.

rftkfan- I don't think that was derected at me... if it was sorry for not having anything to say...

So mabey I should just pray to be able to stop thinking about him, 'cause we don't talk anymore, so I think that's my biggest problem.

Thanks for replying everyone, I appreciate it!  

LadyAmbrosia

rftkfan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:52 am
It was not. Good luck  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:02 pm
Being married to a non-believer can end brutally. I mean I know some women whose husbands make fun of them for going to church, and put them down about it.

It's probably too early for you to think about marriage. Now going out with a non-believer can be alright. After all, it gives you an oportunity to witness to them.  

Pandemasu

Atarashi No Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:21 am
Non-Christian friends will definitely affect your relationship with God. How much more will a non-Christian husband affect it??? You will make a LIFE-LONG commitment with the man!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:25 am
Ri-san
Being married to a non-believer can end brutally. I mean I know some women whose husbands make fun of them for going to church, and put them down about it.

It's probably too early for you to think about marriage. Now going out with a non-believer can be alright. After all, it gives you an oportunity to witness to them.

That's what the girls at church are telling me too, they say I'm ready to settle, and were praising God that he has a girlfriend... meh, I'm trying to go out with someone else now though, I got tired of waiting.  

LadyAmbrosia

Berezi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:46 pm
LadyAmbrosia
Ginzeng
That's not a good idea. The Bible passage 'do not be yoked with unbelievers' is there for good reason. Not only would such a relationship corrupt any children in it (even if that's not your concern right now), it would also detract from YOUR spiritual life. Contrary to popular belief, it is more often than not NOT the Christian who influences the non-Christian in the relationship, but the other way round. That's just not healthy, and I have many examples of Christian friends who dated non-believers and ended up so hurt and broken because they thought they were making progress and then ended up farther away from God.
A relationship in itself is a huge commitment of time and energy, and if you then still have to concentrate on trying to witness to this person while being respected for what you believe...you get my point.
It's a much better idea to befriend this guy first, and try to witness to him on that level. Once he's a Christian you're good to go, but please don't rush into it because you think he's 'the one'. Wait for what God has to say.
And most of all, pray about this!

I don't just think he's the one, I know. We agree about everything else important, I know that this is the most important thing, but I can't help how I feel.

And I don't think that he would ever try to lead me away from Christ, he understands how much God means to me and he would never take that from me. I don't want to convert him either, if he becomes a Christian, it should be because he loves God, not me.

Oh, and we already are friends, we're just not that close anymore because we haven't talked alot since graduation. But I will still take everything you've seid into consideration.

Thanks everyone who seid they think it would be ok to go out with him. I was worried that everyone would shoot me down by saying I was terrible for even thinking of going out with a non beleiver.

I'll probably wait a bit more before asking him out though, I don't want to be just a rebound....

Thanks again, anymore advice or opinions would be appriciated.
It's good that he respects you. But honey, agreeing with someone doesn't make them "the one". Getting along perfectly doesn't make them "the one".

Let me tell you a story..

There was this guy I liked a lot. A whole lot. We get along so well. We connect so nicely and we really enjoy eachother's company. We have so much in commmon. For a while, I thought he was the one.

But then I realized, I'm called to the foreign mission field. He's not. Therefore, he'll get in the way of God's calling. Therefore we are not meant for eachother. Whoever marries him will be lucky, but it will not be me.

You might think he's the one, but you must pray about it first. God may have other things in mind.  
Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff