Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Tales Series Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for "Tales of..." Series fans to discuss these amazing games and more. 

Tags: tales of, tales series, videogame 

Reply Organized Roleplaying
Tales of Symphonia: A New Tomorrow [OOC/Plotting] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:52 pm
Hmm. I think Lee's last post needs a response from Vance's characters, but I think I'll try to put a post in. But first, I'd like to show you the profile for Azura and Zaul's cameos. I may be introducing them shortly. mrgreen

Quote:
User Image
The Oleander Twins, Zaul and Azura
Race: Half-Elves
Side: Pure Neutral...? Pretty much Neutral Good, actually.
Weapon(s): None. At times, possibly whatever they can get their hands on.

Skills/Magic: None whatsoever. Due to...certain circumstances, they can no longer perform Artes. But they can still hold their own in pure hand-to-hand combat if need be.

Becoming omnipresent beings (which will be further explained in their Bio section) came with a catch. Nature chooses to recognize them as "dead", and dead beings can't utilize the life energy needed to fuel Artes independently.

Personality: Often bearing smiles that just might be smug, they both come off as easygoing. Though, Zaul tends to seem more serious than Azura, who shows a more playful side. They can be rather cryptic, appearing to know a lot of things our heroes don't (especially about what's going to happen next...), but choosing to withhold that information. They also appear to be quite affectionate with each other...

Bio: Long story short, Zaul was of a secret guild called the League of Ethical Exsphere Testers, and his experimental Exsphere used to take the place of his right eye. Upon being found out by Lloyd, the guild reached a compromise with him—that for their leader, "The Doc", to continue his experimenting, he would never go public with his methods. After all, though ethical, there still was a risk of being misused.

Azura, on the other hand, is of a clan of nobles. Actually growing bored with the comforts of such a life, she decided to leave her home for a life of adventure. She ended up becoming a soldier who worked under the Midgard resistance forces being led by the Imperial Adepts of Izumo. She too once lost an eye (her left) in a skirmish, and became outfitted with an odd-looking and artificial (but working) one.

That aside, these two can't really be properly explained without dropping the major spoilers surrounding them...

Zaul and Azura aren't really twins in the sense of biological brother and sister. Rather, they are genderbent versions of each other. The former is from Aselia while the latter is from Vanaheim.

Azura, who is of the present-time Vanaheim, was contacted by an underground organization of scientists from a bad future where Loki overthrew both the rulers of the countries and the Gods and is ruling over both Aselia and Vanaheim in vicious tyranny. So, suffice it to say, Azura was being guided by them to undo that future. They equipped her with the means to travel between both worlds without use of the Otherworldly Gate so that she wouldn't get caught too easily.

She was chosen specifically because she was observed to have "corresponding atoms" in Aselia—in the form of Zaul. In fact, it is that aspect that makes the devices work with her so easily.

Upon finding her male counterpart and cluing him in on the situation, he agreed to help almost without question. It helped that they formed a bond pretty shortly after meeting.

But somewhere down the line, the scientists of the bad future were found out by Loki, which led to the Oleander Twins' world-jumping devices becoming sabotaged. However, that actually worked out in their favor...the resulting accident caused the "threads" of their being to join the "fabric" of time and space. They have transcended its boundaries, as well as those of life and death. They are both dead and alive, everywhere and nowhere—that last bit meaning they are virtually omnipresent and can appear and disappear wherever and whenever they please.

That is also why they now have both their eyes. In the case of Zaul, the loss of his life renders him free of his Exsphere (which held his own life, since it wasn't cultivated on another's), and the state they attained allows them to make slight modifications to their appearance. Their previous loss is symbolized by a scar over their respective regained eyes.

Using their newfound abilities to view all the lines of possibility leading up to the undoing of the bad future, they use their observations to guide our heroes. However, they cannot be entirely open with their knowledge because they've found that their direct interference results in unfavorable results, or even the annihilation of reality in the future for some reason.

On the bright side, they truly don't have a lot to fear anymore. Their now paradoxical existences render them invulnerable and put them outside the grasp of even Loki's power. After all, you can't exactly kill what's already dead.

Other Notes: Both do indeed speak with a Southern American accent.

I also felt the need to show you guys because they have that major aspect about them...that they supposedly have seen all the timelines of every possibility. I'd like you guys to tell me if it'd conflict with any of your planned character development arcs. But for the most part, they're more concerned about things that directly have to do with the antagonists, so I'm pretty sure your arcs will be fine. Not to mention, they have seen things they'd rather prevent happening, but choose to leave alone because interfering would mess up the future.

I created them for those times in the plot where we all might hit writer's block and have no idea how to get from point A to point B. User Image Also as a homage to the Lutece Twins. ;D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:50 am
Looking good there. :3 *working on art* ninja I don't think there would be any issues between them and my planned arcs.  

Sirea Angelie
Crew

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:22 am
Sirea Angelie
Looking good there. :3 *working on art* ninja I don't think there would be any issues between them and my planned arcs.

Okay, thanks! :3

Hmm...I'm nearly done typing my reply, but I'm wondering if you'll have your characters respond to what's happened after your last post. Actually, I think things would flow better if they did. So have you got anything to post? Because I'll hold back for it. 3nodding

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:28 am
Azura Cantarella
Sirea Angelie

Okay, thanks! :3

Hmm...I'm nearly done typing my reply, but I'm wondering if you'll have your characters respond to what's happened after your last post. Actually, I think things would flow better if they did. So have you got anything to post? Because I'll hold back for it. 3nodding
No problem. I'll go ahead and do a post. XD I just got done with one of my art pieces so I'm taking a break to catch up with posts anyways.  

Sirea Angelie
Crew

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100

Evilweirdo 0

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:05 am
I don't think they'll cause any real problems. Timey wimey wibbly-wobbly stuff, y'all. They have to be careful messing with that.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:25 pm
Evilweirdo 0
I don't think they'll cause any real problems. Timey wimey wibbly-wobbly stuff, y'all. They have to be careful messing with that.

Exactly. razz Hmm...I was going to mention some pretty heavy words they'll say at one point of the plot, but that would be spoiling things. xp

Sirea Angelie
No problem. I'll go ahead and do a post. XD I just got done with one of my art pieces so I'm taking a break to catch up with posts anyways.

Oh that reminds me. I pretty much am just waiting on everyone else in Zeal. I believe I just need a summary on how Jade's end of the search went, and Niddler's response to Azura and Kratos. 3nodding  

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50

Sirea Angelie
Crew

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:39 pm
Azura Cantarella
Evilweirdo 0

Exactly. razz Hmm...I was going to mention some pretty heavy words they'll say at one point of the plot, but that would be spoiling things. xp

Sirea Angelie

Oh that reminds me. I pretty much am just waiting on everyone else in Zeal. I believe I just need a summary on how Jade's end of the search went, and Niddler's response to Azura and Kratos. 3nodding
I was actually working on some of the posts for Zeal as well. I'll have 'em up shortly. :3  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:38 am
Krazy-Chibi

Fedora Warrior

Sirea Angelie

Evilweirdo 0

Lord Lee Major

Just a heads up: I've got my next post half-done and it'll be kinda lengthy because I'm going to do a bit of a timeskip. I'm basically gonna gloss over the part where Lloyd explains the stuff Sol said to Sheena and cut to the end of the conversation where there'll be Summon Spirit assignments. Then the characters will have a break, in which they can do whatever they want or need to in Mizuho before leaving.

That is most likely the last post I'll get in before, like I said in the other thread, my trip to Hong Kong. I'll be gone for about a week. :3

Vance also pitched this to me over PM:

Quote:
Quote:
...I was just wondering since it felt like you were dropping a hint in your last post. surprised

I'm not dropping any hints, I'm just leaving room in case you or someone else wants to have a character in Mizuho who knows Rhone, if that would progress the plot or something. Just leaving a possibility open for anyone to take advantage of if they wish. =3

Now, I'm not going to make it a must for you guys to think of something for this. It's more like I'm issuing a challenge, giving you guys something to think about. surprised

Vance and I have been doing much plotting behind the scenes about interaction between our characters during the RP. I assume the rest of you have planned character arcs, but they'll likely involve NPCs that will just be used once or a few times. My deductions from all that is that it feels like interaction among all of our characters are kind of lacking. I mean, yes, they do respond to each other...but there needs to be a little more bond-forming and underlying (or maybe even unexpected!) connections like the kind Vance proposes here. :3

Basically, I'd like to see the kind of plotting he and I do happen between all of us. These things can be discussed out here in the thread, or via PM if there are things you reeeeeaaally don't want to spoil, either way's fine.

This isn't just limited to Mizuho...it's definitely something to try to plug into future events. smile

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:12 am
Sirea Angelie

Hey, we previously agreed on Rin claiming Volt, but Vance changed his mind and wants Max to take him. Is that okay with you? The other options left would be Undine and Shadow...and since Undine suddenly got freed up, I'm thinking of having Azriel claim her instead. Then that would make Celsius up for grabs.

Everyone else, here's the initial assignments we agreed on, to refresh your memory:

Undine - Max Azriel
Efreet - Hunter
Sylph - Sol
Luna/Aska - Sirea
Volt - Rin
Celsius - Azriel
Gnome - Eduardo
Shadow -
Origin - Rhone
Maxwell - Kratos Eloysio

Krazy-Chibi

Did you want Lilith to claim a Summon?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:28 am
Azura Cantarella
Sirea Angelie

Hey, we previously agreed on Rin claiming Volt, but Vance changed his mind and wants Max to take him. Is that okay with you? The other options left would be Undine and Shadow...and since Undine suddenly got freed up, I'm thinking of having Azriel claim her instead. Then that would make Celsius up for grabs.

Everyone else, here's the initial assignments we agreed on, to refresh your memory:

Undine - Max Azriel
Efreet - Hunter
Sylph - Sol
Luna/Aska - Sirea
Volt - Rin
Celsius - Azriel
Gnome - Eduardo
Shadow -
Origin - Rhone
Maxwell - Kratos Eloysio

Krazy-Chibi

That is totally fine with me. :3 I think I'll have him take Celsius instead.  

Sirea Angelie
Crew

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100

Krazy-Chibi
Crew

Spoopy Chomper

29,575 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:42 pm
Azura Cantarella
Krazy-Chibi

I guess Shadow would make sense, Kai wouldn't be able to have a summon spirit because he's undead..but I guess Shadow's power would make him a little stronger since Lilith uses her power to keep him alive.

BTW when should we bring Kratos into the RP? O.O

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:37 pm
Krazy-Chibi
Azura Cantarella
Krazy-Chibi

I guess Shadow would make sense, Kai wouldn't be able to have a summon spirit because he's undead..but I guess Shadow's power would make him a little stronger since Lilith uses her power to keep him alive.

BTW when should we bring Kratos into the RP? O.O

Alright then, everything's settled. biggrin The final arrangements are:

Undine - Azriel
Efreet - Hunter
Sylph - Sol
Luna/Aska - Sirea
Volt - Max
Celsius - Rin
Gnome - Eduardo
Shadow - Lilith
Origin - Rhone
Maxwell - Eloysio

I would like to say we could try bringing in Kratos after the Temple of Lightning, but it seems most plausible after picking up Efreet since the Triet Ruins are the next nearest place. I intend for Kratos to show up at Dirk's place, since we're going to meet his namesake (Lloyd's son, played by Vance) there too. xd

After the Triet Ruins, the Twins will show up and give reason for them to drop by Dirk's. 3nodding Unless you had some other ideas on how Kratos would show up?

I'm a little concerned, though. The current party is pretty big as is. Can we all still handle it...? sweatdrop

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50

Sirea Angelie
Crew

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:36 pm
My hug senses are tingling on that reunion. xd

As far as keeping up goes, I think I can still handle it. :3  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:45 am
It depends on who's writing Kratos. If you are, take your time and know that you're ready to pick up someone else. Heck, that would go for anyone else, too.

Azura Cantarella
Basically, I'd like to see the kind of plotting he and I do happen between all of us. These things can be discussed out here in the thread, or via PM if there are things you reeeeeaaally don't want to spoil, either way's fine.

This isn't just limited to Mizuho...it's definitely something to try to plug into future events. smile

That is a capital idea.
I haven't been the best with character interactions,* I admit, but Ed is open if anybody has some flash of inspiration that he could help realize somehow.
Time for some brainstorming. I'll get right to that after I'm finished storming this barn.

*...Holy Jebus H. Columbus, I have a character named Eduardo. That'll do wonders for interaction, congruency, and making sense. That's the thing about old characters: They make your past self look like an idiot to your current self. Holy Jebus II, he's one of my first ones, still around! Good thing we have the nickname "Ed" to fall back upon, and some more serious plot stuff. Ay yay yay.  

Evilweirdo 0

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

Sirea Angelie
Crew

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:30 pm
Evilweirdo 0
It depends on who's writing Kratos. If you are, take your time and know that you're ready to pick up someone else. Heck, that would go for anyone else, too.

Azura Cantarella

That is a capital idea.
I haven't been the best with character interactions,* I admit, but Ed is open if anybody has some flash of inspiration that he could help realize somehow.
Time for some brainstorming. I'll get right to that after I'm finished storming this barn.

*...Holy Jebus H. Columbus, I have a character named Eduardo. That'll do wonders for interaction, congruency, and making sense. That's the thing about old characters: They make your past self look like an idiot to your current self. Holy Jebus II, he's one of my first ones, still around! Good thing we have the nickname "Ed" to fall back upon, and some more serious plot stuff. Ay yay yay.
Don't feel bad, Evil. I haven't been the best with character interactions myself. ^.^;  
Organized Roleplaying

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff