Reply Teepees
The Dawn Of Twilight's Teepee Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Dawn of Twilight

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:26 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Solo Cert

The Warrior.

Name:
強 (Qiang)
- Meaning: Chinese, "Strong".
Temper: Noble

A warrior, body fully entrenched in its prime housing a soul aged beyond its years. A wanderer, bearer of a hearty brew to soothe weary souls- a celebration of strength and vitality, a sad lament of lives lost mingled with the joy of those protected and shielded from harm. A simply, sturdy name- given by the mother who raised a stoic son, or taken on as a general hoists the name bestowed upon him by his troops?- to tell all who wish that this one is Strong- of spirit, mind, and body. Walking through the lands like a ghost yet so full of life.
Who's to say what secrets lay within?

... come, share a sip, and perhaps time will tell.

One day, an elegant wolf was drawn to the sound of Qiang's story-telling. He had no audience yet, but was murmuring to himself by the fire.
She sat and watched him for a while, listening to sounds she didn't quite comprehend.

Then, he looked up, and from his smile she could tell that he'd known she was there all along.

The two shared some strange warm-water brew, and Riu found that she quite liked the company of the strong old warrior. She felt safe in his presence, and soothed by the cadence of his voice.
She stayed. And, over time, a very special bond was formed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:15 pm
Muriwai (Water's End), guided by a special Star, shall soon return to his sons. heart

[A Brothers Wish]

[Itemless Cert] [Itemless]

A traveler, a wanderer plying his trade. A caretaker-builder-bard of sorts, once young and charismatic but now old and worn by a life of love lost and found. A unique individual, possessing of his flaws and failings of sight, who may one day mature even past the demands of Fatherhood.
Who's to say?

I want to join! DreamWalker concept to be submitted, fleshed- and played- out.
Soquili - Muriwai
Player - The Dawn of Twilight
Position Wanted - Mortal (Just passing through, but will stay awhile amongst the herd... long enough to leave the result of a heart's wish behind heart )
Soquili's Personality - Kind, caring, a helpful community member with a strength of wit always willing to lend a helping hoof- or ear. Despite his carefree demeanor, he has a touch of sorrow in his eyes, buried by his misty smile and the knowledge of being chosen to live again.
He has always been a wanderer, and with that life comes the tendency to move on when things get tough.. he'll stay a while, blissfully content to live out his life among the herd.. until, that is, memories of what he left behind come back with a sickness of mind and body.
Soquili's backstory - Visitor. !TRAGEDY WARNING!

Beneath the surface:

After the tragic loss of his mate following the death of their beloved only daughter, Muriwai's manner of coping with grief was to lose himself... literally. His sons were almost of age, mature in body if not yet in mind, and he was... lost, uncertain of everything and grieving beyond hope.
He wandered too far into the mountains, past anything he had ever seen in his travels as bard and story-teller before settling down with his deceased soulmate, and happened upon... a dream world. Something to lose himself in completely.. if only they'd listen and hear his truth, believe the truth of his existence.
He'd be a fervent believer, as many who lose themselves in faith following tragic loss are, for the time he is with them.
Upon his first encounter with a herd member, he would have adopted a remnant his youthful carefree demeanor and charm, wrapping it around himself like a cloak as if wishing to return to a simpler time. He's be gentle, truly kind, and yet very persistent, his inner grief driving him to seek acceptance somewhere- anywhere- but alone with his grief among cold stone.
I could see him being drawn to a female presence, as he would be mourning the loss of the two females dearest to his heart, perhaps seeing her as a kind of happy mirage. If there are any females of the herd who'd be initially resistant to a dream-creature yet sympathetic to the flicker of sadness in the creature's otherwise joyful eye, perhaps willing to let him prove his use over time and earn his spot among the Living. , please do come forth! 8D
This would be a kind of rebirth for Muriwai, and yet his regret at leaving his sons could never be truly buried... though he wouldn't remember his past life and consider himself born anew, this would lead him towards wishing for a son (perhaps the memory of being a father would never truly leave him, despite the relief of the amnesia-like qualities of becoming a herd member?), and being happy for a time.
Then, a character from his past will appear and he'll fall ill, buried heart-pain shall come flooding back as the character works on and coaxed memories of forgotten sons and a life left behind from Muriwai's dreamy mind. I don't know for sure what 'magic'/influence would bury such memories, but I assume a willingness to forget paired with devastation/regret/sorrow and guilt at 'forgetting' two living sons would be enough to tear his illusion of happiness there to shreds... and, falling from favor, his past (friend?) would take him back beyond the borders of the DreamWalker's herd.
I assume herd-members would seek to help/soothe/aid him, but the whole thing would be rather quick- the appearance and accompanying persistence of the 'sickness' (and an odd sort of not-quite-a-nightmare presence- the character from his past- that lurks around his form) would I assume convince them that he's beyond help... perhaps, since the herd hadn't had a shaman for a long time, Muriwai's involvement with the herd could fall in that timeframe? Physical illness beyond help of prayer paired with mental instability? I don't know, and am open to suggestion. xd Just brainstorming here.

Ironically, in order to return to sons of blood Muriwai would have to leave a son of spirit... a wished-for son, Cyrus. I think Muriwai would part while Cyrus is still a foal (too young to remember) but just on the cusp of entering schooling with the shepherd(s), and is firmly held by the herd's support system. And happy.

An interesting scene i'd like to see play out too would be, if Muriwai had left aside his traveler's hat while among the herd. It would be left aside as a remnant of his past, a life no longer lived- a dream-life- and he'd pick it up again before leaving the herd's boundaries. It's sentimental, though a relic of a past life, so he'd keep it hidden and not revisit the hiding place instead of destroy- it would remain hidden through the duration of his stay.. and its reappearance would signal his taking up his former life (spirited away quietly in the night, perhaps during a festival or other gathering) and 'death' to the herd.
It may also be another little lingering not-quite-a-thought that would tease the undercurrents of his mind, preventing him from ever really leaving his 'dream-life' behind. I'm talking tiny little not-even-a-conscious-thought feelings that would stay with him, a sort of father's intuition and sense of loss (filled by the success of Cyrus) that would be triggered and come flaring to life with the presence of a character from his past... and the 'pull', perhaps, of a particular Wishing Star...

I'm just trying to flesh out the concept behind-the-scenes a bit here, as my original idea in Cyrus' entry is still the forefront. heart
Essentially, what i'm looking for is a way for Muriwai to disappear from his sons' lives for a time and be 'wished' back into existence by the two brothers, leaving him travel-worn and world-weary but relatively safe for the time he's gone. For him to return to what the Herd considers the DreamWorld, there would have to be some remnant of his past remaining- father's intuition, little songs and tales would trickle in while entertaining fellow herd-members- and if it would be simpler/neater to just have him get sick and leave the herd-lands (his fellow could pick up his hat xD) before any memories come back then i'm totally down for that too. heart Enough doubt and physical frailty from illness may result in him failing to resist being taken away and effectively 'killed'.
I SWEAR Cyrus is a happy up-beat type and I won't just be bringing drama to the herd. xd Open for ideas!  

The Dawn of Twilight

The Dawn of Twilight

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:21 pm

Name:
Ambos.
- Meaning: Spanish, "Both (of them)".
Temper: Eternal

Always polite, ever the gentleman, but a quiet soul. Strong, silent, and proud of who he is.
Whomever that may be.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:02 am
[Basket] [Adult] [No Cape]

Name: Abella-ami
- Meaning: "Breath"-"Dearly beloved" in French.
Temper: Luminous
Family: Mother Fée Marraine, Father Ini-Herit; (Twin!) Sister Themei, Brother Heka-miel; Uncle Remil.

Wholesome. Shimmering. Kind.
A vibrant foal, her spirit as bright as the shimmering gold on her coat. She is quiet and kind around animals and those in need, though when she is cocooned in the comforts of home she lets her spirits soar. She tries to mimic her father's reserve, but will always be a little more out-going and social than her sire.
Family interactions shall help to shape who she is. heart

As an adult: She is a healer, an herbalist with a keen mind who helps many a weary traveler. Though she may travel far from home, she will always return with a warm heart and stories aplenty. Sometimes, she even brings a little something home with her (chrysalis by her ear, herb lore), or leaves a little something behind (strands of her golden hair, when woven into an industrious bird's nest, really help attract the lady-birds ;3- perhaps her golden scales shimmer with a little of her mother's love-luck after all). She (FAMILY RELATIONS GO HERE).
Nothing more important than family.

The Dawn of Twilight

The Dawn of Twilight

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:04 am
** Waiting on in-character debut until cousins are born. heart **

What the Future Holds: [Adult] Uncert [Bonded]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:57 pm

[Unmasked]

Name:
NinaPelipa
- Meaning: Literally means strong lover of horses, Native American in origin.
Temper: Stranger

Always a stranger to those who can't look past her mask to see the beauty within, this mare is like a rare gem- beautiful inside and out heart ... and a little... pointy. ( xd )
She wears a mask to hide her reaction to those who would see her for nothing more than a beast... she'd never go out of her way to convince anyone of her true nature, preferring those who do not judge upon first glance, but she does so love a good chase.
She has a gentle heart and a sweet soul, with a rare (rather loud) melodic laugh. She can be quite feral at times, though she would never bring harm to another without just cause. Self-defense is usually the only thing that can bring her to violence, and she would fit right in with noble knights and honorable folks of any sort... provided, that is, they accept her. Times are changing in the Soquili lands, and there are so many once-'odd' creatures roaming that it shouldn't be too hard for her to find accepting hearts... right?
We'll see.

Future: Rescue a jellyfish, gently nudging with her nose. Return time and and again to visit the creature in its watery home; give her something to return to.
Maybe wish for a sister, True friend?

The Dawn of Twilight

The Dawn of Twilight

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:48 pm

Cyrus.

The DreamWalker Herd

The Dawn of Twilight
Glowy Cat

Username : The Dawn of Twilight
Soquili's Name : Cyrus
For Cyrus the Great from the Book of Dream Visions, etymology "Sun" or "One who bestows care" in Persian.
Position in Herd : Mortal whom everyone would assume could become a Champion due to his physical nature... only time will tell.
Original Member or Joined Member : Original Member
Soquili's History : He was prayed for by a dream creature made real after being quite persistent in their efforts to be seen. Though they joined the herd for a time and were extremely devout in their converted beliefs, they did not last long among the living when a sickness limited to a single soul struck them after a Nightmare wandered into the lands... a Nightmare from that herd-member's past, who remembered them but was not greeted in kind. The body of the one who raised him was never found... Was the sickness a real thing, the body disposed of for fear of disfavor falling upon others, or a ruse to cover up the shame of a dream made real choosing to leave the lands due to the temptation of deep-buried memories coming to light?**
Cyrus was studying with his peers at the time, too young to really remember, raised to believe that he was blessed to be spared from Oneiroi's ill content and feeling himself rather invincible as a result.
Soquili's Personality: A bit of a trickster at heart, he is regularly seen playfully spooking dream visions that wander through the lands of the living. It appeals to his sense of whimsy, to pop in and out of the mist with his glowing eyes so that he appears the ghostly vision... his hobby often means that, other than those who patrol the area, he is the first to see a Nightmare come through- in those times, he will fade quietly back to run and alert the Champions or Guardian (whomever can be first found) to ensure the safety of the living from the torments of one who actually is a creature of terror.
His fun is limited to those who are not among the living; he would never cause torment that would do lasting psychological harm to another, and he believes that vanishing dreams are no more than fleeting creations who disappear after he has his fun. If one were to stay, instead of fleeing... as those who prayed for him did so long ago... perhaps he would think differently.
Potential Plots or Future Visions Anyone who looks at his form, well-honed by his stealthy movements and physical exploits, would see the potential for a Champion. However, he may be a little too free-moving to fit in with their ranks, though there would certainly be use for making the unofficial sentry more committed to his role.

So Real... too real to be just a Dream. I really want him to recruit one of the dream creatures he tries to spook, who would stand his/her ground despite the strange catlike equine taunting them from the mist. Cyrus would see them as far too spirited and strong to be just a spirit, as they saw through his tricks (or, if they didn't, simply showed an uncharacteristic bravery for those who normally vanish back into the dream world beyond). He'd bring him/her back, and the process of trying to have his strong-willed whisper made Real would give him the process to mature a bit... and try to find his place in the Herd.

Racing Dreams While foals nearing adulthood are out of a learning trip near the edges of the lands, a Nightmare appears who is too speedy to allow even Cyrus to flee to warn the others. Instead of running to alert the nearest trained soul, he tries to stand his ground and protect those he loves. I imagine a Champion would accompany such a journey, so if they were watching elsewhere then Cyrus would only have to hold out for long enough for them to arrive at the scene of commotion. This would be his first taste of using his natural appendages to fulfill what may be his destiny...
He would have come along for fun, to dance around and watch young minds marvel at how lucky they are to be among Oneiroi's chosen, and instead he would find a serious calling.
... from there, he could either enter training to refine his skills (he's already served them as a bit of a sentry) or learn on his own by watching them in companionable secrecy (they're too well-trained not to notice even his presence, but perhaps the protectors wouldn't object to him observing in good will) for a time before being invited in. He may have begun the test, but it was finished by another... so who's to say Oneiroi's will?
(If and Oracle wanted to intervene on his behalf, if they do that, i'd love it! 8D Woo interlacing plots!)

Memories How real are memories, being the mind's conjuring of the past easily swayed by perception and doubt? Bringing an outsider into the herd may trigger stirrings of images from the one who prayed for him's slow decline... and he may seek the story of the one he brought to be made real, from sheer curiosity. Reminding them of their illusory life may not be treated kindly, even from one who started them on the journey to find life, and he'd return to his training in good faith.
As a sidenote, despite his wondering he would never wander outside the DreamWalker lands or be 'lost' to them in that way- due to shared beliefs, he would never Choose to die. He's curious, but he is too strong of faith and will to live to ever lose himself in a dream!
This may simply get him to wonder more keenly about what makes the gods chose one soul over another, and how to best nurture the most-favored qualities in others while respecting them as individuals.

Forgiveness and New Beginnings I'd like him to begin his new role in the herd at a Spring Festival, whether he's accepted as a Champion or interactions with other herd members begins to lead him on another path. Even if he becomes more suited to another role, I think he'd always act as a 'back-up' for those who are the guardians of the herd... due to his training and loyalty, if nothing else.

** Wandering Soul. Rather than leaving his past all to mystery, I do actually have a wanderer who 'disappeared' or vanished from his son's lives for a time. I think it would make a neat little package if he disappeared due to his stay with the Herd. He would have taken truly ill, and perhaps been spirited away by a Dream... they could easily explain this as a falling of favor (perhaps due to playing songs and stories from outside the lands? things that remain in muscle memory even though they are now seen as but a dream?) and his vanishing would be mourned as the death of one who tried but failed to keep the Gods' favor.
He, Muriwai, is a charming and persistent bard, gentle and kind, and i've always wanted a bit of mystery and intrigue to his past... so, if you're willing, i'd love to play out and anchor Cyrus' past to another family of mine. heart
If not, i'd completely understand, I just thought that given the nature of his past i'd offer a soul to fill the role. xd I also thought that, given that Muriwai was wished back into the Soquilli lands by his two biological sons' plea to the Wishing Star, adding another layer of dreamy wonder to his return would lend an interesting dynamic- and bestow a weary soul upon one who has been through so much in his time. As for the character who returns from his past, a friend or even vision of one of his sons would suffice... unless someone has an idea for how to tie a diseased/temporarily sick character in to the story?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:33 pm
[Solo Cert]

Name: Ami Adalyn
- Meaning: Two french names meaning Dearly Loved Noble.
Temper: Beloved

French-inspired romance and kindness for all.
This mare is a kindly, motherly sort who greatly enjoys taking care of those around her.
She can become rather protective of those she cares for, and is often found caring for those smaller than she. She has a soft spot for Usdia, though her kindness extends to those even larger than her as well. Her soft eyes glint dangerously only when others are threatened- otherwise they spread a gentle and motherly warmth to all.
She was raised in simple elegance, and has one brother roaming the lands.
Her own mother is out there somewhere, though she has retreated to a private life after the loss of her mate.
She still visits once in a while, but prefers silence and peace.
Unlike the lively energy her daughter surrounds herself with! After all, raising children... or child-like beings... isn't always quiet.

What the Future Holds: Wishing for her brother and mother, perhaps raising an Usdia foal from basket?
Taking care of someone much larger than her, who needs kindness.

With eyes like dark chocolate and an adorable little nose, this little mouse quickly wiggled her way into Ami's heart and the two have become inseparable ever since.

She is from a family of small Italian mice who send their children off to explore and grow in the world, has one sister who went missing in her travels many years ago. A little shy, innocent, and very sweet, Amore is an adored and adoring little member of Ami's family.
Her sister has recently returned after a heartfelt wish from the Wishing Star, using a cute little bauble she was given by the motherly Ami Adalyn for the purpose.
Perhaps the two sisters ending up being cared for by a mother-hen Soquili wasn't exactly what their family intended, but the makeshift family is far too loving for any good parent to protest.

Another adorable mouse has made her way into Ami's home, guided by a wish upon a very special star: Amore's long-lost sister! She is a kind and sweet little mouse, with a heart as big as her imagination. She is often caught day-dreaming (perhaps that's how she initially wandered off, forgetting to send word back home because she simply kept losing track of time?), her big blue eyes gazing at the clouds and other things.

She wears a dainty little ribbon, which she keeps very well-groomed. A present from her mother.

The two sisters, now reunited, never forget to send word home and are quite happy with their shared lives.

The Dawn of Twilight

The Dawn of Twilight

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:43 am

Name: "Love".
- Meaning: Chinese character name meaning "Love." It would be pronounced ài.
Temper: Kind

A kind fish-maiden with a delicate and graceful energy. She is a gentle soul.

What the Future Holds: Perhaps a friend?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:31 pm
[No Item], [Certed No Item], [Bonded Cert]

Name: Hwaeteleah.
Temper:
Handsome.
Of obvious quality, substantial. Honorable. Noble.

Laughs freely, and expresses himself with strength.

Character's story shall be written here. heart

One day, he happened upon a unique turtle... she was kind and gentle, and took quite a liking to the stallion.

The Dawn of Twilight

The Dawn of Twilight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:09 am
Soon, a mother shall return to these lands. Guided by a special Star. heart

A lovely French mare by the name of Adèle Rose heart

Cert Request

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:04 am
And an inspired Soquili shall arrive! heart

The Dawn of Twilight

The Dawn of Twilight

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:36 am
While a small family grows larger. whee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:44 am
... by leaps and bounds. heart

(Mockchild on the way, too! whee )

The Dawn of Twilight

Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas