Welcome to Gaia! ::

On This Rock - A Catholic Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Catholic 

Reply Life Issues/Advice
I have a crush on a catholic priest. What should I do?

Quick Reply

Submit

Goddess_Of_Writing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:38 am
Hey, I have a major crush on a catholic priest. What should I do? I mean, he's so hot.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:45 pm
well, i'll tell you first of all, i've been there, not willingly or so strongly, but it is not something you want to mess around with,
it is no sin to be attracted to someone, even a priest, because they are still men with their qualities, but still, with a priest it's best to fight that and remove it as far from yourself as you can, because although attraction is not necessarily sexual at first, there is always the danger that it might lead there.
prayer is the best way, any time you are tempted to think of him wrongly or if you feel passionate or longing for him, say a Hail Mary, never toy with it, at the first sign of temptation ask heaven for help.

the thing is, even though just being attracted to someone is normal, if your attracted to a priest and you let it get any further then that, like desiring him sexually or having impure imaginations, or God forbid anything more, then that would not just be a mortal sin, but a sacrilege, and so that is why you should take extreme caution now before it gets worse.

if you can, try not to look at him as "Father so and so" but rather as another Christ, because that is exactly what he is, he is consecrated to God, and is really a married man, so even though this passion of yours is natural, it is against reason, and i say that because you have to be aware that this attraction could and would certainly grow into a certain kind of love that would be impossible to fill(that is why it is against reason)

You need to practice and utilize self control, even though the feelings are not good and will inevitably plague you as long as you are attracted to him, you have to fight it or not only will you suffer worse, but you can end up getting hurt if the priest finds out,
we can have feelings and attractions, but in cases like this we know they cannot be and therefore they are not good, and so we should fight them..

i'm not sure if you've had impure thoughts about this priest or let yourself desire him? if so you need to confess that,
but if it's nothing more than an attraction then all you need to do is fight it, which you do by praying, like i said, a few Hail Marys when you feel tempted, and ask God every day to detach you from these and any other bad attractions now and in your future,
you can also try to take up the practice of 3 Hail Marys in the morning and at night for the intentions of purity and holiness,
and if you do need to confess about this, don't worry because you can go to any priest you want to, it doesn't have to be the priest you're attracted to...

ok? so don't worry to much about it, just take the necessary precautions and i'm sure you will overcome this.

alright hope this helps, tc.  

EmeraldWings

HaTeRs MaKe Me FaMoUs XP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:22 pm
Ashley, he already told u basically theres no hope and to just forget about it and maybe yesterday u took it a little to the extreme by leaving him tht message  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:26 am
sweetheavenlyangel101 Wrote:
Hey, I have a major crush on a catholic priest. What should I do? I mean, he's so hot.

It's just a crush. Just let it go.  

Ivan The Mouse

Aekea Deadeye

9,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Sweet Yet Deadly

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:31 pm
I agree, I don't think it would be a great idea to get involve with.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:35 pm
I agree, I don't think it would be a great idea to get involve with.  

Sweet Yet Deadly

kikkaku

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:01 pm
that's worse than having a crush on a married man.
he is taken, and you should know that.

no, you DO know that and it takes your discipline to deal with it and suppress those urges.
seriously, just don't go there. it's not ok, and that alone should be enough to turn you away from him.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:31 pm
Avoid him or fall for someone else! smilies/icon_scream.gif  

Eli777

3,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200

Alex_ororo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:08 am
Well, the guys here pretty much said everything.
So, don't pursue him. It would only turn painful, probably both for him and you. Maybe you should try attending service at a different parish for some time. You know, lose sight of him for a while.
I do believe that what you feel is, as you said yourself, a simple crush, desire. But desire can easily be turned into an opportunity for the devil himself. Don't let that happen.

As I said, try "taking a break" from him. I'm aware that it won't be that easy to forget, or should I say, you won't find it easy.
Still, remeber that there's probably that special someone out there that you will someday learn to love. God knows what he's doing. smilies/icon_smile.gif

Life Issues/Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games