He hadn't seen his father in... Forever. The scars that decorated Shin were long-healed, having lacked any contact with claws in a very long time. As he lapped at the cool water of a moon-light pool, he relaxed visibly. There was no guard up, no attempt to protect himself. He would later regret this.

Padding along, the piebald lion had pondered many things. How was his little girl doing, off on her own? Was she keeping that boy in line? Would they return safe? Would they return at ALL? He sneered, ears back in his mane. That boy had best not hurt her... He paused, sniffing the air. Something familiar... Something... Very unexpected... Somebody he knew, distantly, was darkening the doorstep of the Mwana lands. The Verlos grinned slowly, green eyes narrowing. Oh, this would be entertaining... Making an almost total about-face, he started towards the scent, moving silently through the jungle growth.

Lifting his head, Shin stared at the night sky. Was his family out there, somehwere, hiding from who knew what? The black lion let out a sigh, then stood up. His ears flicked, as he slowly turned, then froze. Green eyes pierced into red, driving deep into his soul. They stared out of a dark shadow, glimmering with something... Dangerous.... Shin knew those eyes... Fear gripped at his chest, before he slowly turned to walk away.

So the whelp remembered him... Toshiro grinned, stepping out of the shadows. "And where are YOU going, little whelp?" With little effort, he caught up, slamming a paw down on Shin's tail. "Still chasing the tail of that little b***h? Or did you move on?" His claws extended, one digging into the younger lion's tail. "You're as pathetic looking as I remember... Komali's twice the lion you OR any of your three other brothers ever were..."

Shrinking down, Shin kept his eyes on the older lion, his whole body trembling. "I-I-I..." He couldn't form words. He was afraid, for his very life, as he'd always been. "I-I haven't seen K-Kabichi in a while..." He let out a whimper, trying to get away. "P-Please... Just.. Just let me be... It's all I ask... Please..." He couldn't bring himself to say 'dad,' 'father,' or even call his sire by his name.

Sneering, Toshiro lifted his other paw. "I think not... You know, I've seen your offspring... The white one, with the freakishly blue hair... Disgusting to look at..." Slowly, he placed his paw on Shin's shoulder. "Why do you tremble, Shin...?" He grinned slow, then dug his claws in. "Are you afraid, boy...?" He leaned closer, ears back. "Afraid of me...?" Raking his claws along Shin's back, he let out a low chuckle.

A yell of pain escaped form Shin's maw, earning him more claws in the back. In some level of his mind, something snapped. Twisting around, he dug his claws into the older lion's face, causing Toshiro to back up, in his own pain now. Taking his oppertunity, Shin ran, paws flying across the grasses. Blood from his wounds was left on leaves as he pushed his way through trees, starting to get dissoriented. He soon found his way out of the trees, though, collapsing a few feet away in open moonlight.

It wasn't a very hard hunt - The blood that Shin left behind left a clear, if wobbly, trail. When he stepped out of the trees, he went over to Shin, smirking at him. "What a weakling..." He paused, raking his claws through Shin's side. "You're a blemish on this world... I think it's time to remove you from it." He cupped Shin's chin in his paw, lifting the younger lion's head. "I don't think you'll be getting any last words..."

Shin could only close his eyes, body trembling. He'd never get to say goodbye to anybody... Shuddering, he let out a sigh, trying to relax. No matter how much he expected it, though, the teeth sinking into his throat would always be a surprise, for anybody. His breathing became gasps, gurgling, before slowly, he lay down his head. There was no more movement from the lion after that.

Spitting out the chunk he'd ripped out, Toshiro licked at his maw. Oh, how he was beginning to... Enjoy this... He smiled, then used his paws to roll Shin over. May as well let the white and blue freak find him here. As he turned back to the jungle, the piebald lion laughed to himself. It started slow, eventually rising into a full cackle. Maybe the whelp would serve as an example of what happened to intruders into the Mwana lands, too!