Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [OOC] Archived [OOC]
[OOC] Blue - Breedings (closed) [OOC] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:30 am
-Bluefire Dragonz's Breeding Thread-

Applying for a Breeding:

-> When the thread is open for breeding slots and you're ready for your SoA to have cubs/pups, post here with the form below filled out. If you don't include all this information, I will ignore the breeding. Coloring from cert images sucks a**. Please include a large uncerted image of each parent! If you allow throwbacks, uncerted images for ancestors helps too. Small, composite or cert pictures give me a headache.

-> Each time the thread opens for breedings, rules specific to that opening will be posted and dated. Please read them before entering! They may have changed since the last time.

-> About the 'pride' section: The SoA must already be part of the pride and/or have the pride cert. If you do not yet have the pride cert, but you already have the joining RP, you may post the joining RP. If your SoA has not been approved to join the pride or does not have the joining rp finished, the cubs will be considered rogues.

-> You must send a log (or links to threads in the guild) of at least five roleplays done by each parent in the breeding. These must be completed roleplays, not uncompleted ones. If there are two parents (a mother and a father), at least one of these roleplays must be with the two characters together, so we at least know they've met ICly.

*As a note: Blue considers a full rp to be 15 posts long (the length of a one 'page' thread), at least. A post should be at least four 'lines' long, or a small paragraph. She'll be lenient though, as long as the page has at least 7 posts by each owner.

A Good Example:
Quote:

Ebere laughed softly, " Oh you just try and be rid of me! My Aunt once said I am like one of those little pet things. Once found, I never go away again." She teased gently, glad that she could comfort her new friend. Taking a more serious tone, she nuzzled Hippy's shoulder again, "I will travel with you and when the time comes I will stay by your side. Everyone needs a healer around." She winked faintly, finally moving away to get the dark lioness a bit of space.

-> Each parent must send 15K to Blue (though its preferred that one parent send the whole 30k) to pay for the breeding after the roll. Cubs will not be colored until the payment arrives. If there is only one cub in the litter, only one owner needs to send 15K. If this is a rogue breeding, the single parent still pays just 15K. Familiar breeding are 5K per parent.

-> Each time you breed your SoA, you need entirely new roleplays. You can't use the roleplay(s) from the breeding before.

-> As an incentive for roleplaying, anyone who sends in ten roleplays for each parent will be getting an extra cub besides the one(s) rolled.

-> I will roll in this thread for the number of cubs/pups you'll be having. Please check back to see. You can then assume that the female is pregnant, and RP accordingly.

User Image

Special Terms

-> Throwbacks: If you say 'yes,' there's a possibility you'll get throwbacks to an actual SoA somewhere in the cub's heritage. Please post all images that you can/want of your SoA's ancestors (grandparents, great-grandparents, great-grandparents, etc.; aunts and uncles are also fine). Saying 'yes' does not guarantee a throwback, however. At no time will an SoA look exactly like his/her ancestor; this is only possible through customs, and you must get the colorist's and owner's permission to do this.

-> Randoms: In a rogue breeding, this is not a 'no' option; you will automatically get the random option whether you want it or not, since we get to decide what the father looks like. However, in any other non-rogue breeding, if you put 'yes' for random, the colorist has the option of throwing in markings/colors/traits that may not appear in the lineage, sometimes even a completely different-looking SoA.

Blue will very rarely make a cub look totally different from its parents. Unless you mention in your breeding form that you wouldn't mind a crack!random, the random option just frees me to add small touches I think will make the cub look better.

-> New! Blue now has the option to rate how much liberty you want her to take with the litter! A rating of 1 means it'll stay looking just like the parents, while a rating of 5 means they may look nothing like the parents. This is just to express your wishes on the matter, its up to Blue how much randoming she does, up to your rating.

-> New! Blue now has an option to let her know if you would like twins in your litter or not! This does not guarantee twins in the litter, but opens the option for her when she's coloring. Also, if you love twins and really want them, showing proof of twins in one or both parent's family makes it more likely for them to appear in your litter. The more twins in the family, the more likely the trait is to be passed on. Having a parent who's a twin makes it even more likely.

-> Customs: You can now custom cubs in a litter without having to go get a custom slot first; you still pay full price of a cub to do this. (500k) However, you may only get one custom every month this way (if you get one in January, you need to wait until February to custom another cub into a litter like this). This once-a-month counts whether the cub is a regular SoA or a familiar. You may only have up to two customs in a litter, though custom slots/pet trades do not apply to this rule. The only exception to this is if a parent is a fertile hybrid. In that case, you will only have one custom slot.

This option only remains open for 24 hours after you receive the litter. In lieu of a custom, you may also pay 500k to keep one of the cubs already in the litter if you've already kept a cub from that SoA. This still takes up your breeding custom slot for the month.

-> Customing into a hybrid litter condition:
1. There is only one custom slot per hybrid litter.
2. If you custom into a hybrid litter, you must wait three months before you can custom into any breeding.
3. The custom hybrid has an equal chance of being fertile/infertile. It will have a fertility roll done the same way as its littermates.

User Image

Getting the Cubs:

-> You'll be PMed the cubs when they arrive. When you get the information gathered, have one person post in Blue's Certing Thread with each of the cubs' names and owners. Then you're free to say that the cubs/pups have been born, or you can wait until a set date to RP the birth, if you'd like.

-> If you own an SoA, and you breed him/her, you may only ever have one of their offspring to keep. If you breed two of your SoA together, this means you may only have one of their cubs, and if either of them breed again, you may not have anymore of their cubs. The only way around this is to pay 500k to use one of the breeding's custom slots; keeping one of the premade cubs or customizing another one.

-> You may not sell any of the cubs/pups, nor do 'pet trades' for them. You may, however, give them away to friends or newbies. If that option doesn't appeal to you, however, you may always give the cubs/pups back to the thread (please inform Blue of this) and we'll run a free event for them within the thread itself. Also, your last option is to pretend that the cub/pup died at birth...mortality rates in Africa are very high, particularly among predators.

User Image

Related information:

-> Gods and mortals can mix and have offspring. The children of such a pairing will always be mortal, but will have seer-like qualities.

-> Males can breed at any time! Unlike females, who have to wait until their litter reaches adolescence to breed again, males can have offspring with multiple females. But you still need five different RPs every time you breed!

-> If you have a female and you don't have any male to breed with, you can say that she mated with a random rogue. In this case, you'll get a surprise with the color and patterns of the offspring (as you won't know what the father looks like). However, in this case, you can only have 1/2 of the total number of cubs/pups at the maximum...for example, a normal lion-lioness pairing can have up to six cubs maximum, but if that lioness bred with a rogue, she could only have up to three cubs maximum.

-> Adolescents can breed and have offspring, but since they've not reached maturity, they can only have 1/2 the maximum number of offpring for their species. If they've also mated with a random rogue, they can only have 1/4 the maximum number of offspring for their species.

-> Hybrids are available! Leopard x lion, lion x cheetah, and cheetah x leopard crosses are all possible. These cubs have a 1/10 chance of being fertile; the rest will be sterile and may not produce any offspring. Hybrid breedings are also allowed only one custom slot, and it takes up your breeding customs for three months.

-> If something on the species list below is crossed out, I cannot currently do breedings for it, because they need templating.

-> I do not do god x god breedings - you must go to a god colorist for those.

User Image

Special Pridal Considerations

-> If you own a pride/pack, and you would like special considerations to be posted for your pride/pack here, please PM Mkodi with them.

-> For Motoujamii-Simo: You must be on this list.

-> For Aali'makabila: Your breeding is open, but females may only be rogue-bred with permission from Nevayeh.

-> For Jini-msemi: You must be on this list.

-> For Tuait'tekem: No adolescent or rogue breeding; you must have a married pair.

-> For Aikanaro'hini: Breeding is limited for the time being. Members need permission from at least 2 leaders (IC or OOC) to breed.

-> For Bahari'mtoto Only: Must get permission from pride owner to breed.

User Image

[b]Father's name, image, and owner OR "Rogue":[/b] (please include his full image!)
[b]Mother's name, image, and owner:[/b] (please include her full image!)
[b]Pride:[/b] Pride name here OR "Rogue"
[b]Roleplay Links for Father (if not a rogue):[/b] Link #1, Link #2, Link #3, Link #4, Link #5
[b]Roleplay Links for Mother:[/b] Link #1, Link #2, Link #3, Link #4, Link #5
[b]Would you like having throwbacks?[/b] Yes/No
[b]If so, please list images of those ancestors (or aunts/uncles) here:[/b]
[b]Would you like having a random?[/b] Yes/No (this is merely an option for me to add in markings or colors that look good but aren't in the family line)

[b]How wild can I go with your litter?[/b] (on a scale of 1 to 5, 1 being 'keep it in the family' and 5 being 'I want crack babies!' )
[b]Would you like twins?[/b] Yes/No
(if yes, posting proof of twins in the family line makes twins in this litter more likely)

[b]Extra:[/b] (anything that would affect the breeding, like a god curse or other things you think I need to know about)

User Image

Number of cubs/pups each species can have:

Lion: 1-6 cubs
Leopard: 1-6 cubs
Cheetah: 1-5 cubs
Wild Dog: 1-8 pups
Hyena: 1-5 pups
Leopard x Lion cross: 1-6 cubs
Cheetah x Lion cross: 1-5 cubs
Cheetah x Leopard cross: 1-5 cubs
Avian: 1-6 eggs
Genet: 1-6 kittens
Hare: 1-4 kittens
Jackal: 1-9 pups
Klipspringer: 1-2 fawns
Maned Wolf: 1-6 pups
Ratel: 1-5 pups
Serval: 1-3 kittens
Snake: 1-10 eggs
Waterbuck: 1-2 fawns

Custom Pricing:
Regular SoA - 500k
Familiar SoA - 60k  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:36 am
~.: Blue's Breeding ToS :.~

I Will:

- Give low-luck breedings a higher chance of being chosen, if I'm aware they are low-luck.

- Take difficult/intricate markings.

- Mix the parents as equally as possible in the offspring.

- Use the random option to add tasteful additions to the cubs' designs.

- Make each cub as unique as possible.

- Occasionally make twins when I'm having a hard time making the cubs unique, ie: when the parents are too similar/simple, or there are a high number of cubs in the litter. The chance is higher to have twins or triplets when a desire is shown for them, or the parents have a history of them in the family.

I Will Not:

- Livestream a breeding or show the cubs before the parent's owners have seen them.

- Use the random option to make a cub completely unlike the parents, unless there is a desire from the owners for me to do so.

- Make a set of twins or triplets completely identical. The differences might be slight, but there will be minute differences between them. The only exception to this is when a custom is specifically requested to identically match a cub in the litter.

I Prefer:

- That breeding forms include large uncerted images of the parents, for the sake of getting markings and colors accurate. Forms with only certed images are less likely to be CCed.

- Not to do cubs from parents with paint-like markings, or custom cubs with said markings. The same goes for landscape like markings, unless the markings are coming from an SoA I originally colored. I have a hard time reproducing the paint-like effect some colorists have used, but if I've done a parent then I've probably worked out how to do it.

- To not do Cosplays on pridal lines. I will, but I don't care to.

Note:
Characters designed and colored by me, once placed with an owner, are considered the property of that owner. They may draw them, have art done of them, write stories, get them done as pets in other shops, whatever they please. The design belongs to them. However, that does not extend to the lineart itself, as that is property of the shop.

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:42 am
Normal breeding!

Father's name, image, and owner OR "Rogue": ROGUE. XD
Mother's name, image, and owner: User Image
Mioyo by NovaCracker

Pride: Matembezi'Wasakaji
Roleplay Links for Father (if not a rogue):
Roleplay Links for Mother:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=14775435
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=16113943
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=17192941
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=16393755
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=16155947

Would you like having a throwback? Nah
If so, please list images of those ancestors (or aunts/uncles) here:
Would you like having a random? The crackier the random, the BETTER. biggrin  
Whimsical Blue generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:49 am
For Mioyo =P  

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150

Feral Mule

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:01 am
Father's name, image, and owner OR "Rogue": Caide/Cut_Me_Coffee
User Image
Uncert
Mother's name, image, and owner: Chache/ xo __ Kairi
User Image
Uncert
Pride: Mizukanyevu
Roleplay Links for Father (if not a rogue):
Finished|New Arrangements|Codail
Finished|We're Getting Closer, Right?| Chache
Finsihed|Some Kind of Affection!|Chache
Finished|And Into My Mists, You Shall Walk|Chache
Finished|Someday|Codail
Roleplay Links for Mother:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=15410631
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=16802795
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=16887423
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=17019479
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=17049561
Would you like having a throwback? Yes
If so, please list images of those ancestors (or aunts/uncles) here:
Caide's Mom
Caide's Aunt

Chache's Mother
Chache's Daddy
Chache's grandmother
Chache's Granddaddy
Would you like having a random? Yes

Extra: The mother is in the same pride as the father; just not certed that way. Here's her joining RP: And Into My Mists, You Shall Walk
I did it with her!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:03 am
Father's name, image, and owner OR "Rogue": User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Dath'charukai, owned by Safaia
(Note: Dath will be suppressing any wing markings in this breeding)
Mother's name, image, and owner: User Image
Xibalba, owned by Chibi Sheepcat
Pride: Rogue
Roleplay Links for Father: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5
Roleplay Links for Mother: [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
Would you like having a throwback? No
If so, please list images of those ancestors (or aunts/uncles) here: N/A
Would you like having a random? No thank you  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Whimsical Blue generated a random number between 1 and 6 ... 4!

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:30 pm
Alrighty, that's my three slots then!

CaidexChache  
Whimsical Blue generated a random number between 1 and 6 ... 6!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:31 pm
DathxXibalba  

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150

Truth.Be.Told

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:48 pm
-posting with Nova's permission, customing into Mioyo's litter-

Name: XD; tba
Stage: (Cub/Juvenile/Adolescent/Adult): Cub
Species: Lion
Parents: ??? x Mioyo
Offspring: n/a
Description: Mostly follow the ref. Mane would be the brown, same with tail tuft. XD; Ignore the black 'eyebrows'.
Reference Image(s), if applicable: Zero-Two

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:27 pm
Name: TBA
Stage: (Cub/Juvenile/Adolescent/Adult): Cub!
Parents: ??? x Mioyo
Offspring: None
Description:

Tossing out some generic stuff.

Themes:
Technology
Techno music
Death/Grim Reaper (Shinigami, basically)

Palette:
Moderate Gold trim
some Silver trimming
Some white
Dark navy blues
Blacks
Neon green (Only up one forpaw however you see fit)

Reference Image(s), if applicable:

Theme images:

http://www.angolz.com/usercontrols/images/img.aspx?sp=/Files/Images/Products/ban59769_a.jpg&w=280&ro=1
http://lemonodor.com/archives/images/fireflies-sync.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XFGuSZ6n1LY/SKfnL_v6KWI/AAAAAAAAAg8/ug8buq6KD4s/s400/Duo-Maxwell-perfect.jpg

Feel free to use themes ETC and pallette for the rando-cub there. XD (Please those. ;; )  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Pink Myth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:53 pm
Name: Luminita
Stage: Cub
Parents: Caidei and Chache
Offspring: n/a
Description: I'm not good with type out references so I made a image. XP
Reference Image(s), if applicable: http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk277/PinkMyth/OMFGFTW/ghost.jpg

Permission: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=12555819&_gaia_t_=1272&page=last

Kairi also gave me a OK over AIM.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:30 am
Cut_Me_Coffee
Manchu the Panda
Name of SoA: Koit (Dawn)
Appearance: Yourmomyourmom. <3 See ref.
Visual reference(optional unless parents request): BBY
Personality/if family wants to know: Koit is unbalanced. And by unbalanced, I mean he is deaf in one ear, and sometimes he gets symptoms of vertigo, and totters around a little. It's a kick for him in his youth, but it wears on his nerves as he grows up, having to take time to lie down and wait for it to pass. So as a youth, he's pretty happy-go-lucky, but he finds due to his condition he must become more and more pragmatic as he ages, finding a common ground with his mother due to a sharing of the gene. He can also be a little jumpy, not liking to be approached from his bad side (the left), and will turn his head very often to increase the range of his hearing and to see more with his peripheral vision. He thinks it's a bummer that he's not the best at hunting, but hopefully a sibling or pride member will be sort of a wingman and cover his left side. :3 (And hopehopefully it'll be a lady and a future mate. ;D)
Any requirements that the family has: No red at all. :V Maroon ever so slightly~

MANCHU IS OUR WINNER! |D Submit it to Blue's thread, 'kay?

Feral Mule

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:14 am
Name: **name tba**
Stage: (Cub/Adult): cub
Species:serval
Parents: ? X nekobasu
Offspring:n/a
Description:coloured like proud heart cat, orange body, white chest, pink star with red heart in the middle. teal eyes
Reference Image(s), if applicable:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/Colche/soas/Proud_Heart_Cat.jpg
Are you an SoA newbie? no
How many times have you tried for this concept? 1  
[OOC] Archived [OOC]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items