Reply Debate and Discussion
soaps Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rftkfan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:23 am
"Gone are the days of Leave It To Beaver. Matt Dillion and his side kick Festus. Now we survive on the immoral lives of The Young And The Restless" song by Carmean. Now I am off my soap box.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:31 pm
What's your point?  

immanuelkant

HonorBoundKnight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:16 pm
immanuelkant
What's your point?

Ditto. This doesn't really seem- debate worthy, to start with.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:34 pm
Soap opeas are they worth any thing? Are they good/bad/or indifferent about them. Just basic tv show in particular.  

rftkfan

hot_wheels_turbo_racing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:42 pm
I think the original poster's point was how much television has degraded over the years, but even then, he's written nothing that begins a debate.

Either way, I'm sticking to The Price Is Right.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:15 pm
Alright lets edit it. The moral of tv have steadly declined why is that? I did not know which way to take it.  

rftkfan

Sinner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:18 pm
rftkfan
The moral of tv have steadly declined

No.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:12 pm
Sinner
rftkfan

No.

Prove that it hasn't then.  

hot_wheels_turbo_racing

Sinner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:39 pm
hot_wheels_turbo_racing
Sinner
rftkfan

No.

Prove that it hasn't then.

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought this was the "Let's make random claims about stuff we can't actually prove thread", what with the original poster doing that and all.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:04 pm
I bring it back to something that is not sci fi and every body is upset and connot discuss it. Soaps and tv is going down quick. It use to be cussing on tv was not allowed. Now you are able to see graphic sex on tv. Some of the station on tv I do not allow showed even where I work. That is what I want to talk about. I was hoping I would not have to spell it out.  

rftkfan

Tarrou

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:14 pm
Even if the 'moral [sic] of tv [sic]' really have been in decline, I have yet to see anything proving that it actually matters.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:05 pm
TV really hasn't gone downhill...its always been about where it is...in regards to the society it reflects. How is the threat of abusing your wife in early TV, different from the depiction of beating your wife as seen on TV today? Language? So what....just because in the early days of TV people didn't use certain words...but they did make them up. Implying the use of vulgarity is just as bad as actually using it. And sex? Sexual tension and induendo have always been present in TV...sometimes you have to look a bit deeper, but it's always been there. You show me one TV mom, from the early TV era, who actually looked like a mom. No, they were all gorgeous...because sex sales and it always has.

Of course, it isn't surprising that people think TV has changed...the idea rates right up their with the idea of the nuclear family...it's a myth.  

RazorGod

1,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Seority

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:02 pm
i used to like tv when i was kid even though there were fewer cartoons on. but now its become seriously boring. theres nothing interesting to me on.
but the thing that has really changed is the movies. for the past few month, close to all the movies that came out stunk horrible and only very few were good. theres just nothing new, its all the same, or sequels, or redues of older movies (Narnia for example, even though it looks sweet)  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:44 pm
There are still good show on. Spiderman, Sanford and Son, and wwe raw and smackdown. If you like stupid show you can always watch As the World Turns.  

rftkfan

Curium

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:06 pm
rftkfan
There are still good show on. Spiderman, Sanford and Son, and wwe raw and smackdown. If you like stupid show you can always watch As the World Turns.

Oh and I'm sure WWE and Smackdown aren't demoralized television shows..((sarcasm))  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff