Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
USE OF THE WORD WICCA Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raum Contivill

5,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:14 am
i may be able to answer your questions i may not know alot about my creators but i know alot about others and the way the soul works i have got many resources for things like this (i dont mean god when i say creators i mean wiccans and necros)  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:49 am
If you're not a Wiccan, how can a Wiccan be your creator, please?  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:49 am
cirque du freakique
i may be able to answer your questions i may not know alot about my creators but i know alot about others and the way the soul works i have got many resources for things like this (i dont mean god when i say creators i mean wiccans and necros)

Could you explain what you mean? It's a little confusing.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:21 am
I'm a realist and very spiritual as well. Not to offend any one but who and how can any one say that they are so great as to have the all knowing power or knowledge to be able to catergorize an intangible unseen being or deity? I'm soo sure there is something, there has to be. ive seen and done things that cannot be logically explained. Though labels of christianity, buddism, wicca and the rest are just human invented to make us feel that we have a grasp of things when we really don't. But I have used incantations and spells (not praying to any particular god) that have followed through, so much to wonder.....  

Evessia Bella Donna

2,850 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Consumer 100

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:32 am
Ava Von Doom
Not to offend any one but who and how can any one say that they are so great as to have the all knowing power or knowledge to be able to catergorize an intangible unseen being or deity?
It is a little offensive- but I think it's offensive because it isn't what we're saying. Ignoring what we're saying and stating something completely misleading and exadurated and then addressing that rather than what is being said is a bit like the Chewbacca Defense.
Quote:

Though labels of christianity, buddism, wicca and the rest are just human invented to make us feel that we have a grasp of things when we really don't.

I think those labels are used to communicate different ideas quickly.

Quote:
But I have used incantations and spells (not praying to any particular god) that have followed through, so much to wonder.....

And I think that's good. But that doesn't make it Wicca.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:19 pm
cirque du freakique

A couple of questions...

Did you actually read any of this thread before you posted in it?

What is a necro?

How does any of what you said relate to Wicca?  

ncsweet
Crew

mechanical kitsy
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:02 am
ncsweet
cirque du freakique

A couple of questions...

What is a necro?

I don't think they're gonna answer.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:43 am
i know a necro is a necromancer.
Necromancy is a form of magic in which the practitioner seeks to summon the spirit of a deceased person, either as an apparition or ghost, or to raise them bodily, for the purpose of divination.

^_^ a bit from wikipedia  

unseen shadow moon

Beloved Hunter

8,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:11 am
A lot of information and things I didn't even know. surprised  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:58 pm
Thanks! This thread helped a lot. Still got a long way to go though. sweatdrop Years in fact.  

Danny Cheltyka

Invisible Ladykiller

7,650 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:00 pm
Rachel The Squidray
Thanks! This thread helped a lot. Still got a long way to go though. sweatdrop Years in fact.

Me too.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:18 pm
wow trully insightful  

VidenLight

2,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Team Jacob 100

KurtisH2

5,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:45 am
I Do Have a question on the matter of initiation, origionally in the Old Practice the rite of initiation was symbolised by the Skyclad ceremony under the full moon at the equinox. poor rich and all were welcome and stood as one body together, the initiate would then "derobe" as a symbol of the joining, however the The Goddess Said "Come to me my children as you are called for all are welcome" so in a sense could you not technically induct yourself by profession of faith and consecration of yourself to the goddess under the full moon, by making a vow to her?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:49 am
ncsweet
cirque du freakique

A couple of questions...

What is a necro?

Necromancy comes from the greek roots of Necro meaning dead Mancy- meaning the way of or the spirit of. so the literal translation is the path of the dead or the spirit of the dead. and no it's not related to wicca in fact wiccan's despise the raising or calling of the dead with the exception of samhain, and only then because the dead are close to our worls and the god is leading the procession.  

KurtisH2

5,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cart Raider 100

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:06 pm
KurtisH2
I Do Have a question on the matter of initiation, origionally in the Old Practice the rite of initiation was symbolised by the Skyclad ceremony under the full moon at the equinox. poor rich and all were welcome and stood as one body together, the initiate would then "derobe" as a symbol of the joining, however the The Goddess Said "Come to me my children as you are called for all are welcome" so in a sense could you not technically induct yourself by profession of faith and consecration of yourself to the goddess under the full moon, by making a vow to her?

As a Seeker my take on this is that call those who are called to be Wiccan will find the right coven- that isn't quite the same as suggesting self initiation.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games