Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Scars of Oblivion

Back to Guilds

A guild for literate roleplayers that love Oblivion. 

Tags: oblivion, roleplay, literate, elder, scrolls 

Reply The Scars of Oblivion
Questions and Suggestions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Gemini

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:24 pm
Ummm, one idea would be to actually make the cities so people could rp other than in quests. Quests would then act as unifying features rather than the only feature. Course that would involve a slightly tedious process of making the cities.

Unless there is an actual area to role play that I just haven't seen.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:40 pm
The guild operates on a roleplay by roleplay function. In my personal experience, sandbox roleplay guilds require constant rinse-wash-repeat cycle with members to keep inactive members from overpopulating as well as a painful amount of updates to keep things relevant and to keep people from getting bored running around the same locations.

Each city is present in each area and if you would like to make a fairly idle quest with no direct goal that's completely okay.  

XcoldhandsX

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100

Lord Gemini

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:00 pm
While true, having the sandbox option gives people something to do when there isn't a quest going on. If you go roleplay by roleplay you don't give the rper the chance to relax and act as his character in a normal setting.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:12 pm
Sorry, but sandbox guilds always die early. I'm not willing to risk my guild that way. Like I said it also doesn't fit the format I intended for the guild.  

XcoldhandsX

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100

Bog Lord

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:20 pm
Some quick questions. If some of these have been answered, I apologize in advance for asking a second time!

1) Can characters have personal homes, or are we waiting on a system for that? If we're waiting on a system, then I can wait for it to come out for the details.

2) When it comes to RP, do all RPs need to be quests with a purpose, or are we allowed to have "general RP" threads, such as a tavern or forest, for characters to meet/interact in? I just want clarification since this guild changed hands, so to speak.

3) How many RPs can a person be in maximum?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:44 pm
1 - In general, yes, as to having a topic about your home, I am not sure.

2 - As of now, being semi-active, I do not believe we are RPing out of quest mode, but perhaps in the future we may do this.

3 - I believe it's one. Though I may be wrong.  

-X Duo Yiro X-

Devoted Businessman

Jaydine
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:59 am
Gigant Abraxia
Some quick questions. If some of these have been answered, I apologize in advance for asking a second time!

1) Can characters have personal homes, or are we waiting on a system for that? If we're waiting on a system, then I can wait for it to come out for the details.

2) When it comes to RP, do all RPs need to be quests with a purpose, or are we allowed to have "general RP" threads, such as a tavern or forest, for characters to meet/interact in? I just want clarification since this guild changed hands, so to speak.

1- As of right now we have no system for homes. It's not a bad idea but for now individuals have personal homes.

2- That is a good question. As of right now no, but I will talk to joker about it.

3. As of this moment there is no exact number but I expect to discuss that with joker and find an answer soon. I would suggest three but we'll see.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:58 am
And so begins the epic wait for Joker... When will her arrive? Will he ever arrive? Find out next time on Suggestions and Questions. *Epic exiting music is played as curtain falls...*  

-X Duo Yiro X-

Devoted Businessman

Jaydine
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:37 am
Gigant Abraxia

Talked it over with joker and here are the answers =

1. No houses at this time. Assume your character lives at a guild/faction.
2. Yes anyone can set up a general rp thread.
3. At this time there is no limit to the amount of quests/rps you want to be in.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:53 am
Just a quick fix I noticed. The city Bravil subforum needs to be moved to underneath the Nibenay Valley subforum and not the Nibenay Basin subforum. Nibenay Basin only holds Cheydinhal and the surrounding areas.  

XcoldhandsX

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100

DGwar

Dangerous Genius

10,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:22 pm
stare

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:57 pm
biggrin

XcoldhandsX

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100

Misthral

Shadowy Streaker

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:55 am
I've been thinking too much because as usual I am bored and got nothing to do at the moment.
About recruiting I think I have an idea that might work.
Basicly as a guild you can only advertise yourself on the guild recruiting boards when ideally as a roleplaying guild you'd want to advertise on the roleplaying boards.
But lets face it: 1) Most good roleplayers are lazy gits who don't really go out of their way to find something they would enjoy roleplaying. I know this because I am guilty of it myself. The problem is that once you've been around for a while you make friends and those friends make roleplays and you join those. Or your friends have friends who make roleplays and then they tell you about it. Not many will actually go looking for a roleplay themselves.
And then dilemia No 2) Oblivion isn't hyped as it once was. I would imagine old fans are getting more hyped up for it now Skgrim is only months away but from personal experience roleplaying Oblivion wasn't something I even thought about until Jaydine told me about it. Yeah I love ES and so I would love to roleplay it but theres a ton of other things I would have thought of first like Dragon Age or Mass Effect or Fallout because they haven't yet been buried in a slog of new interests. Oblivion came out like 6 years ago now?

So the problem stands if people aren't actively looking on guild network or the recruitment forums how do you advertise to these people while following the Gaia terms and conditions.

So comes my idea.
Why not setup a Oblivion quest like the ones you do in the guild on the gaia roleplaying forums so that people who are scrolling through for a roleplay to join might go oh Oblivion I loved that game - sign me up. Then we can tell them hey we have a guild too if you want to join.
It's recruiting while still roleplaying so therefore NOT breaking Gaia's terms and conditions and the best chance of finding new members is to recruit on the roleplaying boards.

You'd only need like 1 or 2 people from the guild to moderate an outside recruitment roleplay. You could use the same character skeleton so that if any join and then wanna join the guild they can just post their profile straight away.

So yeah, that's what I came up with while bored. I don't know if it has been suggested before but it looks like you guys are still shy of a few members for a real party and I thought of a half decent plan and decided to share it. *shrug*

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 12:28 pm
As far as I know it hasn't been suggested before and I think it's a great idea.

Any takers? I would be willing to oversee/participate in the out of guild roleplay.  

Jaydine
Captain

Biumu

Shirtless Codger

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:58 am
Sign me up! I'm coming for you Jay ninja  
The Scars of Oblivion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers