Das Tor
Dahabu was still a little down. But, he was determined to do his best for the struggling pride. He refused to let himself get too down...not when he knew that he and Jasiri would go looking for his mother soon enough...But there was one person he felt he needed to talk to. He hadn't talked with his 'mentor' since the flood. So....here he was, looking for Tani in the area he'd last known the older lion to hang out in a lot. "Tani? Hey Tani?"

Manda
'Tani had been helping out quite a bit with getting the pride back into working order... it was sort of his job, after all. But from time to time, he liked to relax too. For now ... the large male had found a nice flat rock to flop upon, and he was half-dozing when a familiar voice called his name. An ear twitched toward the sound, and then 'Tani yawned and called, "Over here..."

Das Tor
YAY! Dahabu smiled brightly and started towards Tani's voice. And once he saw the other male, he slowed down. "Hey..." His smile turned a little nervous. "Thought it might be good to talk with you again. It's been so hectic lately."

Manda
'Tani nodded at that, pushing up a bit so he was sitting on the rock rather that flopped on it in a heap. He had dignity, sure he did! "Yea, it really has been," he agreed, glancing around for a moment - to be sure no one was about to draft him into helping out with something else anytime soon. "What've you been up to?"

Das Tor
Dahabu sat nearby. "I've been helping to hunt, keeping myself together..." He drooped a bit. "Mother was taken. And when everything's settled again....Me and Jasiri are gonna go looking for her." He chuckled. "It was odd...she's the one who suggested she go with. She usually hates anything sentimental."

Manda
'Tani blinked slightly at that. "Aah... I'm sorry to hear that," he replied softly - inclining his head a bit to the smaller male. "Hope you manage to find her, kid." He knew well what it was like not to have a real mother, after all.

Das Tor
"I hope so too. I...I miss her. A lot." He smiled sadly. "She looked after us so well." His smile grew lighter. "Hey Tani...ever been outside the pride?" Surely someone in the pride had been...and he wanted to prepare for the time to come as best he could.

Manda
The older male nodded at that. "Sure ... a few times. Though mostly just for hunting the like," he replied easily. He could sense where this was going - but he didn't at all mind giving advice to the younger male.

Das Tor
Dahabu nodded. It was a start. "What's it like out there? I've never been beyond the borders of the Coven...even with the flood." He'd been too apprehensive, too scared. "Is it anything like in here? Or is it completely different?"

Manda
"Well ..." 'Tani said, thinking for a moment or two. "There are less trees and places to hide. There's very tall grass in some areas, but in others... there's -no- cover at all. It's a bit weird. And strange to have the sky so open above you..." He shook his head slightly - recalling the feeling of being waay too exposed out there. "And you probly know -this- already, but most of the ones out there are awake in the day and asleep at night. Opposites of us."

Das Tor
Dahabu blinked. Less cover? Oh dear...that would be a problem. He wrinkled his nose. "It....will be very hard to avoid the sun, won't it?" Would he have any resistance to that dreaded ball of light? Since his mother was not a vampire, but had been a Blood-binder. Would that grant him some measure of safety, if he could not find a dark place to hide? Jasiri too...

Manda
"Yea... it is pretty hard, though there's a few places with these tiiiiny spindly little trees," 'Tani replied at tht, grimacing slightly. He liked the jungle -much- better, thanks. But sometimes, it was necessary to go outside.

Das Tor
Dahabu drooped. "This...will not be an easy journey." He was determined to make it though. He HAD to find Mother. "Thank you, Tani. I've probably bored you..." After all, Tani was SOOOO much cooler than him. And Dahabu was still a doofy, lanky adolescent.

Manda
"Nah ... I never really mind talking to you, Dahabu," 'Tani replied, with an easy sort of grin. He liked all of his friends here... and it was never any kind of sacrifice to spend time with them now and again.

Das Tor
Dahabu perked up. Tani was his 'hero'...so the fact he didn't mind talking with him, even when he was being a downer, made the dark cub's day. He grinned. "That means a lot, Tani." He suddenly blinked and 'squeaked' (though it was nowhere near the pitch he had as a cub). "Crap! I gotta go!" He smiled nervously. "I'll see ya later, Tani?"

Manda
"Of course! Be sure to come tell me how things go after ya get back," the older male replied with a quick nod of his head. Reaching over with a paw, he ruffled Dahabu's mane a bit. "And be careful, kid."

Das Tor
Dahabu nodded. "I'll be careful! Can't see Mother again if I'm not in one piece, yeah?" In a much better mood, he started off the way he'd come. Life was looking up a little...perhaps things would work out fine...