Submit

Xx Lushrocker xX

Friendly Fairy

7,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:19 am
So I log on today, and obviously, there's another new item from the Cash Shop. I completely understand that you make your money off of the cash shop, but have you ever stopped to think that you may be over doing it and relying on the Cash Shop too much? I feel as though you're forgetting about your members who don't use Gaia Cash. However, I don't feel as though I should have to spend my real paychecks to purchase an item that I can never use. I used to give monthly donations of a few extra bucks, but personally, I don't think you really need it anymore. Cash Shop users are being catered to lately. I've looked at the recent releases of items, and the Cash Shop and Aquarium items completely weigh out the pure items. Have a look yourself in the handy list I've created. See?

Cash Shop Items in Last 6 Months
Emerald Seed ( 53 items!!!!! )
Kottan Bell
5 Easter Items
Suspicious Package ( 37 Items!!! )
Stolen Mesozoic DNA
Classilke
8 Promageddon Items
Gee Boi Turbo ( 53 Items!!!!! )
Masquerade
Midsummer Swirl ( 59 Items!!!!!!! )
The Nightmare
8 Fantasy items
Lonely Star ( 48 Items!!!! )
The Case of Pietro
Catastrophe
Mystery Mood ( 54 Items!!!!! )
4 Camp Chaos Items
Dark Reflection ( 40 Items!!!! )
LeXBox ( 41 Items!!!! )

Totaling :: 417 Items

Aquarium Items in Last 6 Months
Water Meat
Narwhal
Submarine
Dolphin
Killer Whale
Nautilus
Diving Suit
New Urchins
New Starfish
Piranhas
Gold Nugget Pleco
Mini Monsters (x2 Ann.)
Sea Angel
Momo Monkey
Gwee Horse
Party Ball
Stickers
Coral, Sea Umbrella, and Sea Spikes
Numerous Backgrounds, Terrains, and Decorations (x3 Ann.)

Totaling :: 77+ Items

Pure Items in the Last 6 Months
15 New Hairstyles (that weren't really that great)
19 Camping Items
G-Team Gear ( 5 items w/ color variations )
10 Victorianna Items ( w/ color variations)
Eye Change Ability

Totaling :: 51 Items

Then, there's the items we got for Easter, Prom, Skittles, Camp Chaos, and Venus that most people trashed or sold for 1 gold.
However, it's easier to see who's winning. The Cash Shop tops us all with over 400 items. In the pure shops, last year we got dresses by Christian for Prom. This year, we got nothing but free cash that didn't do us much good anyways. I still couldn't purchase a prom gown from the Cash Shop.

Also, we have the issue of the site updates. Honestly, I didn't notice until someone complained about it, but we got the new header bar. I saw more people complain about it than those that said they liked it. Still, did you change it? Or ask their opinions on what you should do to make it better? No. You simply asked what they thought of it, and left it at that. You're catering to the people who can't or don't remember what Gaia used to be. It used to be and Anime Role Playing Community. I didn't get into RPG's, but I still found fun things to do here.
Gaia used to be cute and bubbly. Now it's cold.

I'm not asking that you completely change the site back to how it used to be. I'm simply asking that you please pay more attention to something other than the Cash Shop and EI's. Maybe split your teams up so that half design Cash Shop items and EI's, and the other half can design items for pure shops. You used to listen. I'm asking you please to lend us your ears once again.

If you like this post, please give me a Thumbs Up!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A gaian on thesf posted this. I thought you would like to see it.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:56 pm
Wouldn't it have been better to, you know, link to the original thread? (which I've already read, BTW.)  

Nanenna

Let's Work Together, Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff