*throws rocks at ThisEmptySoul*
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Scones
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I haven't noticed more people dressing up.
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
What's with all these options?
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
*steals the shirt off of ThisEmptySoul's back*
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
I'm just going to select this option...
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 18

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:30 am
perhaps I'm mistaken, but I have noticed {or at least imagined} a lot of people dressing up their avatars in "formal wear" lately {such as the "prom" dresses}, and at least one piece of formal wear I've had my eye on in the marketplace has recently started going up in price {thus implying an increased demand}.

I know I'm dressed up, but that's because I usually wear this stuff. Is there a reason other people are dressing up all of a sudden or are people just coincidentally all deciding to at the same time?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:34 am
I wear formal, because I look damn good! =p

I have no idea why they are suddenly more popular, though.
I got mine around the time they showed up in the cash shop.
Including a couple of formal dresses I don't use often.  

Niede

Shirtless Vampire

Icy Reign

Unsealed Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:22 am
I do so for variety. a** you can see, I change my avi at least three times a day(mainly from boredom at work when I'm not handling mind-boggling crisis! stressed ) Before I was able to afford MCs and EIs, I dressed formally or cutesy all the time. But now I can interchange them together and get the desired effect I've been looking for, for the most part that is. I have noticed that when I do dress "formally" others have a say about it...meh, this is me in 3d and I want my avi to look however my mood is at the time...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:34 am
Formal wear? Not really my style. I don't do formal unless it's absolutely necessary for the occasion. wink  

Eileen50

Distinct Trainer

Maune

Fashionable Connoisseur

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:37 am
Formal wear eh not to sure.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:01 am
i guess i just personally prefer the formal wear...
I've always been in a dress of some sort.
But that is just me - i like lovely dresses.  

lady ayami chan

Virtuous Saint

Zander_Rose

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:11 am
it looks better than the casual stuff Gaia has  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:20 pm
I agree it looks better, but I was wondering if there was a reason more people were dressing formally than normal. Naturally there's going to be some people that do so just because it looks good or because it's a personal preference, but for several people to be doing it at the same time suddenly seems as if there is some other reason.

Of course, I could just be mistaken about this "increase" and there actually aren't any more people doing it now than normal. Has anyone else noticed more "formal" avatars or is it just me?

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

QuietStorm XII

Devout Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:54 pm
Hmm I do have an formal "outfit" on standby just in case. You might be on to something.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:12 pm
I don't know of any formal event per se. What is the item? Maybe we should invest.  

bandaidd
Crew

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:35 pm
Banggai Cardinal Tuxedo. Aside from more demand, the gradual price increase could also be the result of less supply since the banggai cardinal is one of the less popular fish due to it's low booty trigger status.

Just don't buy them all. I still want one and if you buy all the cheaper ones, that's going to make it harder for me mad

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:16 pm
So, does this fish turn into a tux when it dies or does the tux come with it?

Honestly, the only thing I've noticed that seems to be going up in price on the mp is of course antique MCs and EIs, and the unusual stuff, like starter clothes. I mean, people are truly puzzling me by selling one and five gold items for thousands of gold! I know this has nothing to do with this thread but it is just beyond me...  

Icy Reign

Unsealed Exhibitionist

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:28 pm
I have considered the cheap items going for thousands might either be people taking advantage of those that don't know well enough to get things in shops, or it's people using the marketplace and cheap items to trade large amounts of gold between accounts. This would happen in Everquest when people were selling platinum pieces for real money... I don't know if the same would be happening here.

As for the tux, it's one of the items you can get from opening the "drop" received after the fish dies... {the "drops" of course being random item generators}. So buying the fish or the "drop" doesn't guarantee you the tuxedo.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:29 pm
Do I look formal... ninja  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Chris_Ffolger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:09 am
I have 3 formal outfits and a few goofy ones, but the only reason for the formal is because I actually happen to like steampunk style lol  
Arena Threads and Gaia Items

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games