Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Guild's Main Forum - - [religion, spirituality, paranormal, metaphysics, etc]
Getting Started - New to Paganism Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sindenky

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:05 am
hmm...after studying more and getting to know more about wicca, I'm not sure what exactly i want..

I think i would have to study it, and maybe even practice some Neo-Paganism(that's were i do it without a coven and only the free floating knowledge correct?) before i got into the real wicca.

What could you suggest for me? I'm interested in learning more, and magic is something i still don't understand completely either.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:36 pm
For neo-paganism, eclectic witchcraft, etc... I would recommend Scott Cunningham's "Wicca for the Solitary Practitioner", "Elements of Ritual" by Deborah Lipp, Circle of Fire" by Sorita D'Este & David Rankine, "A Grimoire of Shadows" by Ed Fitch and Buckland's "Complete Book of Witchcraft".

Webistes...

Wicca 101
Wicca for the Rest of Us
Pagan/Wiccan About.com  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

Astral D_W

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:16 pm
Hello My name os DOminique, and I've dabbled in wicca before but have never ''kept with it'' so to say. I'm in colage now and I'm out from my parets influence for the first time in my life and I wanna make a real effort if foraging my own wicca belief.

I've seen here that Wicca is what you want it to be. Or how you wish to worship the godess/god or nature. I was wondering if music can be a major element in how I worship.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:33 pm
Sol D_W
Hello My name os DOminique, and I've dabbled in wicca before but have never ''kept with it'' so to say. I'm in colage now and I'm out from my parets influence for the first time in my life and I wanna make a real effort if foraging my own wicca belief.

I've seen here that Wicca is what you want it to be. Or how you wish to worship the godess/god or nature. I was wondering if music can be a major element in how I worship.

Wicca specifically, is not "what you want it to be".
But yes, music can be a great element in your worship, it's very enriching.

Chaos Blue

Astral D_W

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:47 pm
Sorry when I wrote "what you want it to be" i meant I've heard things about when you are solitary you have to find your own path. Ghaa... I still may be saying it wrong but all I know is that there is no one set path or way to worship like in most monotheistic religions.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:50 pm
That's more along the lines of Solitary Eclectic Paganism, then. :]  

Chaos Blue

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:59 am
Sol D_W
Sorry when I wrote "what you want it to be" i meant I've heard things about when you are solitary you have to find your own path. Ghaa... I still may be saying it wrong but all I know is that there is no one set path or way to worship like in most monotheistic religions.

While there is some variation between covens and traditions, Traditional Wicca has core practices/beliefs that are essential in order for it to be properly practiced.

As Chaos said, Eclectic/Solitary Neo-Paganism is more of a do your own thing, but even then there are many Traditions that have specific requirements. Also, even when "creating" your own path - it still has to be done with understanding and respect for other cultures and religions. Many cultures/paths are "closed" and do not look kindly on others taking bits and pieces of them - especially when they used out of their original context.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:02 pm
Well, this may not refer to wiccas but is there any kind of tea that helps you cool down or relax a bit? I have tea with milk and cardamom or elaichi. It taste pretty sweet and just a smidge minty. Its quite soothing.  

Obscene Secret

Mika Lockheart

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:11 am
I find Chamomile tea to be very soothing. Usually, it'll put me to sleep if I drink it late at night.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:37 pm
Im curious about how to get people to stop saying i worship the devil im fairly new ive only been pagan for about 2 years now. but until recently have i been wanting to be more involved in it. like i read books on it but how to i get all the ingredients to make the spells and stuff work i mean i have one store thats about an hour away that carries the stuff. And one of my friends says shes scared of the pentagram protection necklaces and i dont understand why. if anyone would be willing to answer id be thankful bunches  

Meister_Solstice

Generous Guildsman

6,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The Guild's Main Forum - - [religion, spirituality, paranormal, metaphysics, etc]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games