Summer event? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nissa chan

Desirable Cat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:30 pm
Not sure if this is the right place, but go ahead and move it if it's not.

Are we going to have a summer event? Were we going to have one? I thought we were, but it's August now, with summer nearly almost over...
Maybe I missed something.

I remember hearing something like the Midsummer Swirl being our summer event, but that couldn't of been it. If so, I'm sorely disappointed in Gaia.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:42 pm
I thought the prom was our summer event, wasn't that what it was last year?

If that stupid RIG was supposed to be our summer event then Gaia's going to have a riot shortly because that would be beyond cheap!

MistressBebop

QuestionableMeatProducts
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:27 pm
I expressed similar concerns when the Midsummer Swirl was released.

But supposedly... SUPPOSEDLY... the reason we aren't getting a conclusion to the Prom manga is because Suki got pulled from it to do the Summer event manga... again, supposedly.

So here's hoping Gaia is going to pull a rabbit out of their a** before this month is over.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:19 am
There is actually hints about a summer event involving camps. It was stated in the newsletter via email.

Quote:
As usual, Gaia's planning something big this summer. For an exclusive first look, let's turn it over to the Gaia team:
by Cindy Donovinh

Gaia Action 9

Of course, we're not just gonna come right out and tell you what our big summer event will be. That would be giving it away.

But here are a few hints: Ernest Goes to Camp. Meatballs. Salute Your Shorts. Wet Hot American Summer.

Oh, whoops! Those were the most obvious hints in the history of the universe, so we might as well drop the secrecy. We're shipping you off to that most obsolete of institutions: summer camp! Do people even still do that, or does it just happen in forgotten 80s teen comedies? We don't care! Camp is rad. More details coming soon!

Hikari Tokoyami

Siarnaq
Crew

Fashionable Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:16 pm
Hikari Tokoyami
There is actually hints about a summer event involving camps. It was stated in the newsletter via email.

Quote:
As usual, Gaia's planning something big this summer. For an exclusive first look, let's turn it over to the Gaia team:
by Cindy Donovinh

Gaia Action 9

Of course, we're not just gonna come right out and tell you what our big summer event will be. That would be giving it away.

But here are a few hints: Ernest Goes to Camp. Meatballs. Salute Your Shorts. Wet Hot American Summer.

Oh, whoops! Those were the most obvious hints in the history of the universe, so we might as well drop the secrecy. We're shipping you off to that most obsolete of institutions: summer camp! Do people even still do that, or does it just happen in forgotten 80s teen comedies? We don't care! Camp is rad. More details coming soon!

Wow. Sound like they pulled that lame-a** idea for an event out of their a** at the last second. stare  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:59 pm
The prom event was lame, I'm sorry to say... The dances were too difficult and they didn't really input their theme...

I hope they start the summer event soon... Because I'm going back to school on the 17th, and with working and classes, I'm not going to have much time for the event...  

Nissa chan

Desirable Cat

Nanenna

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:59 pm
Oh, I forgot the newsletter said something about a summer camp. But yeah, it better start soon or a lot of people aren't going to be able to participate.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:22 pm
Siarnaq
Hikari Tokoyami

Quote:
by Cindy Donovinh

Gaia Action 9

Wow. Sound like they pulled that lame-a** idea for an event out of their a** at the last second. stare
Didn't a lot of user asked for a summer event? All I know, they planned this for a while (newsletter was in end of June to early July) yet now it's August. =/

Also the question that I want to know, where is the last pages of the previous event?!

Hikari Tokoyami

QuestionableMeatProducts
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:35 am
Hikari Tokoyami
Siarnaq
Hikari Tokoyami

Quote:
by Cindy Donovinh

Gaia Action 9

Didn't a lot of user asked for a summer event? All I know, they planned this for a while (newsletter was in end of June to early July) yet now it's August. =/

Also the question that I want to know, where is the last pages of the previous event?!

Far as I know, the last page of the prom manga was cancelled. We won't be seeing it.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:26 pm
anyone else feel a little bleh with the summer event being targeted specifically for kids? what about those of us on gaia who are grown ups? Do you realize.. that anyone who even joined gaia when they were 13... by now... would be 19... and then the last event was another prom...

why can't we have events that don't discriminate against age? like the town water fights. that was cool.  

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200

UPC Betsy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:52 pm
I like the summer camp event so far. I didn't really want to do another town based team event.

And c'mon guys, give it a chance to get started.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:44 pm
I'm kinda meh about the event. But I'll wait until I make up my mind. Kinda frustrating that the week they have it is the week when the next semester starts for me. -_-;
I hope it won't be really hard and time consuming to do like the easter event...@@;  

Nissa chan

Desirable Cat

MistressBebop

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:01 pm
Oh geds, if the last items are as impossible as the easter event I'm not even going to try! I have a full time job and a life!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:45 pm
By the time they get it going I'll be working and going to school. ~~;  

Nissa chan

Desirable Cat

jaggedbubbles

Assimilated Borg

12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:15 pm
This event really bores me. Mostly because it takes so long to even get an item.  
Let's Work Together, Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff