Reply Debate and Discussion
The Authority to Rebuke Satan Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jedediah Smith

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:40 pm
"In my name shall they cast out (daimonion)," correct translation is "demons" and not (diabolos) "the Devil." King James Bible says "devils" which is translated wrong and people assume its saying that there is more than one devil.

As Jude 1:9 says, "Yet Michael the archangel, when he was disputing with the Devil in a debate about Moses' body, did not dare bring an abusive condemnation against him, but said, 'The Lord rebuke you!'" (HCSB)

1) Jesus told his disciples that they have authority to cast out demons, not the devil but only demons.
2) James 4:7 states, "Therefore, submit to God. But resist the Devil, and he will flee from you." It does not say to rebuke the Devil, but resist the Devil.
3) The Lord is the only one who rebukes Satan. Jude 1:9, Zech 3:2  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:26 am
Jedediah Smith
"In my name shall they cast out (daimonion)," correct translation is "demons" and not (diabolos) "the Devil." King James Bible says "devils" which is translated wrong and people assume its saying that there is more than one devil.

Actually, the word devil isn't exclusive to Lucifer. The original meaning of the word devil was "the spirit of a demon". And since we know htere are definately many different demonic spirits, then the usage of the word "devils" is correct.

There is only one Lucifer, whoi is The Morning Star, but there are many devils.

Quote:
It does not say to rebuke the Devil, but resist the Devil.

Resisting the devil IS rebuking the devil. Showing any kind of disapproval over Satan is rebuking him. Now you're just splitting hairs, since the words resist and rebuke are virtually the same action. You can't resist something without rebuking it.  

RazorGod

1,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Jedediah Smith

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:51 pm
razorgod
Jedediah Smith

Actually, the word devil isn't exclusive to Lucifer. The original meaning of the word devil was "the spirit of a demon". And since we know htere are definately many different demonic spirits, then the usage of the word "devils" is correct.

There is only one Lucifer, whoi is The Morning Star, but there are many devils.

What we are dealing with is Greek and I know that 'devil' in the English dictionary says an evil spirit or demon but I'm pointing the Greek meanings. The Devil (diabolos) means a calumniator, false accuser and slanderer. Which almost means the same as the Hebrew word satan. Its not proper to translate daimonion as devils, you can take a look for yourself in the Greek lexicons.

Even if the English definitions are screwy, we still have the Greek. We have no authority to rebuke diabolos.

razorgod
Quote:
It does not say to rebuke the Devil, but resist the Devil.

Resisting the devil IS rebuking the devil. Showing any kind of disapproval over Satan is rebuking him. Now you're just splitting hairs, since the words resist and rebuke are virtually the same action. You can't resist something without rebuking it.

Webster Dictionary:

Resist
1. to exert oneself so as to counteract or defeat
2. to withstand the force or effect of (anthistemi supports this definition)

Rebuke
1a. to criticize sharply (epitimao supports this definition)
1b. to serve as a rebuke to
2. to turn back or keep down

Resist and rebuke are not virtually the same action. Please don't play word games.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:55 am
anyway........i will recommend a book that is based on this topic....by Derek Prince....hope it could help  

crystal_lynixe

Elizabeth07LHDL

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:35 am
i remember one night i was really freakin out and i couldnt get to sleep. not long after i went to bed i heard screaming in my ears.. and than i saw yellow eyes with red around them and this shapeless demon/spirit started to come after me. it couldnt come within an arms reach of me. i believe that that was the power of God protecting me. this went on for almost 40 min. before i was forced out of my bed and i was running down the stairs to my foster-parents room. i told my foster dad- who is a paster- what had happened. he prayed for me, and he casted the demons out of the house and pleaded the power of Jesus over the house. he told me that he had felt a spiritual warfare going on upstairs in my room. i mean i could feel the evilness in the air. i was freaked out. but it made me realize that God is protecting me and that devil cant hurt me. he can try to scare me but i just pray to God and ask him to send his angels to protece us and he always does. the devil cant hurt me..  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff