Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Coliseum --- --- --- --- [Closed for Renovations]
Round 2 - Project Swords II [COMPLETE] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain
Rain Yupa's avatar

Anxious Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:22 pm
As you step through the teleportation circle, you are whisked away to a moderately cool location. Temperature-wise, that is. You are in a sparsely wooded coniferous forest, though at the edge of a clearing. Not too far off, you see about a dozen or so tents in a ramshackle campsite. It was probably put up in a hurry, by the lack of care put into each temporary shelter. That, or the residents didn't particularly care.

Whatever the case, it seems abandoned now. At least, at first glance. Smoke rising from a campfire in the center of the encampment alerts you that someone has been here recently, and is possibly still here.

Your entrance seems to have gone unnoticed, as there is no welcoming committee for any of you. No need to roll initiative quite yet. Though, your senses warn you to proceed with caution. Something isn't right here. Something you can't quite place. Something... in the air.

-------------

Special Rules: Trees provide concealment to targets 10 or more squares away (EDIT: You must be beneath the canopy of the tree to benefit from this.) Tents block line of sight, but are not nearly durable enough to block line of effect.

Map!  
Psychofish rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:46 pm
Fun time again.

The thing put Kavaki somewhere different, but he knew that would happen, like before when he went to fight with his friends. Only he had different friends this time. Another little one, but also a skinny one. They were both seemed little, actually, but Kavaki was big. Lots of things were little to big Kavaki.

He took a step off the platform and stopped. Empty. He couldn't see any things he was here to smash, only tents and a fire. No enemies. No friends. Not much fun to do. And something felt strange.

Kavaki lowered his brows, stony face slowly turning about while he tried to tell what was here. Had to be here somewhere.

"...no more dumb plants..."

He growled in a low, warning tone.

He didn't like the dumb monster plants. If there were more he would be frustrated. And dumb monster plants would get to not like frustrated Kavaki all over again.

[Move 1 SE.]
[Perception Check: 1d20+5+1]

[Result: 10. SEES NUFFIN'.]
 

Psychofish

Psychofish's avatar

Dedicated Loiterer

Saccharine Venom rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)

Saccharine Venom

Saccharine Venom's avatar

Greedy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:04 pm
Madal stumbled slightly as he stepped off the platform, a slight queasiness in his stomach, a feeling he'd hopefully get accustom to with time. Clearing his mind the dwarf gazed out through the trees to the clearing ahead, curious about his surroundings, and what obstacles lay ahead. Enemies of some sort and that was about all he was certain of.

"Plants... ?" he mumbled under his breath, the brown eyes glancing at the growling male, slightly curious as to what he meant. Sadly, they had more pressing matters to attend to, for now.

Returning his attention to his surroundings the Cleric would look closer at their surroundings, trying to figure out anything and everything he could. There seemed to be poorly built tents in the distance, and a fire clearly put out recently. Something living and sentient was here recently. He mustn't get too lax.

[Move: 1 square SE

Active Perception Check: 1d20 +7 = 18


Passive Insight Check: 22
 
Seph Baelzara rolled 2 20-sided dice: 5, 7 Total: 12 (2-40)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:22 pm
Although he had some appearance likenesses to that of the wizard, Kazenai, his brother held a more whimsical, phantasmal appearance. Where Kazenai allowed his Hellish side to take over, Enrique took to the elven blood. That was where their differences ended. They were both soft-spoken, sans in battle, red-eyed, blond-haired, and worked under the ranged variation of battle, albeit, with minor differences.

"Plants, humanoids, or otherwise, they'll each fall to our might regardless." The elf motioned, taking his leave of the party, and thusly falling into the thick of the tress.

[code]Move: 2 SE, 5 E
Standard Action - Total Defense

Passive Perception: 24
Insight: +7
Stealth: +11[code]  

Seph Baelzara

Seph Baelzara's avatar

Dedicated Gaian

11,650 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Rain Yupa
Captain
Rain Yupa's avatar

Anxious Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:54 pm
Kavaki begins a gradual, casual advance off the teleporter pad, followed by his newfound cleric companion, Madal. While the Goliath did not notice anything besides the obvious facts, Madal would glean an important fact (via Insight), out of the details of the camp he could make out from his current vantage point (and perception check).

This camp belonged to a nomadic tribe of some sort. By the amount of totems, trophies, skins, and gear around, it certainly seemed like that of a war party. And it looked like it was a big party, at least compared to the three of them.

Enrique broke away from the group, deciding to start trying to circle around. To him, this was like just any other encampment, and he didn't think anything more about the matter. Though, he and he alone would be able to make out two figures around the campfire. Those of the greenskinned variety.

Map!

One of them was dressed in robes, wielding a quarterstaff and talking to the other Orc. The latter was lightly armored, but possessed a massive greataxe almost as big as himself. And he was mighty impressive to begin with! He didn't seem to be saying much, but was listening intently to the other creature.

There appeared to be no other signs of life from the encampment.

If you wish to hang back for the time being, you may continue posting in any order, since none of you seem to have been noticed yet. If you wish to advance, or wish to engage from this distance, I will require the three of you to...

ROLL INITIATIVE!  
Seph Baelzara rolled 2 20-sided dice: 3, 4 Total: 7 (2-40)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:06 pm
This vantage didn't grant him him all he wanted, but it did grant access to what he truly wanted. However, another space just before him seemed to be exactly what he wished. Just before moving to beneath the shadows of the leaves, he signaled to his allies of two enemies. One he mimicked by using his crossbow as sort of a walking stick; for the other, he swung the crossbow like an axe, one of massive proportions and weight compared to himself.

Enrique hoped that that little show didn't give away their position. Even if it did, it would matter little for soon afterwords the nimble elf took back for the trees, falling into the silent shadow of nature.

Code:
Move- E7
Standard - Total Defense

Passive Perception: 24
Insight: +7
Stealth: +11
 

Seph Baelzara

Seph Baelzara's avatar

Dedicated Gaian

11,650 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
Psychofish rolled 2 20-sided dice: 12, 2 Total: 14 (2-40)

Psychofish

Psychofish's avatar

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:32 pm
"Haha, yes," Kavaki rumbled quietly to the little elf.

"I like you."

The other one was good too, but big Kavaki liked big talk. Might, Kavaki could do. But he took his cue on continuing to be quiet and peering ahead. Kavaki wasn't sure what he was mimicking, but it was something holding things. He what they came to smash. And they were not stupid plants.

Kavaki attempted to carefully sneak up to a tree as well, peering at the camp some more and see what the elf saw, turning the hammer over slowly in his hand.

Though he managed not to make a ruckus, he remained veritably blind save to the obvious. He liked mountains more than trees. Easier to see things there.

[6E, 1SE]
[Stealth: 1d20+3 = 15]
[Perception: 1d20+6 = 8]
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:59 pm
Noticing his companions attempt at being quiet the dwarf would follow suit, not knowing much of the stealthy arts but willing to at least try. Something was a bit odd though. The elf Ranger only signaled two distinct creatures but based on what he saw at the camp, there should be more present.

"Psst.. " he whispered at the Goliath, trying to get his attention as he followed. "There might be more hidden out of view." Sated, for now, Madal made a silent prayer to Moradin, preparing himself for the fight to come. He wasn't sure what was around but at least one of his companions saw something.

[Move: SE 1, E 4

Perception Check(First roll): 1d20 + 7 = 16(Better. Not blind. Woo.)
Stealth Check(Second Roll): 1d20 + 5 = 21(Silent, I believe. Yay! Go sneaky dwarf.)
Insight Check(Third Roll): 1d20 + 12 =32(Yay!)
Standard Action: Total Defense]
 

Saccharine Venom

Saccharine Venom's avatar

Greedy Conversationalist

Saccharine Venom rolled 3 12-sided dice: 1, 7, 2 Total: 10 (3-36)

Saccharine Venom

Saccharine Venom's avatar

Greedy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:00 pm
Messed up the rolls with a preview so here they are.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:07 pm
[I would like to pause here and note to Mercenary of Chaos that he may have rolled, but he rolled the wrong type of dice.
Look, and try again.]  

Seph Baelzara

Seph Baelzara's avatar

Dedicated Gaian

11,650 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
Saccharine Venom rolled 3 20-sided dice: 9, 16, 20 Total: 45 (3-60)

Saccharine Venom

Saccharine Venom's avatar

Greedy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:18 pm
( Oi vey. A final attempt. )  
Rain Yupa rolled 2 20-sided dice: 1, 20 Total: 21 (2-40)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:30 pm
Notes:
*Enrique, +2 defenses, Effective Stealth of 12.
*Kavaki, Effective Stealth of 12.
*Madal, +2 defenses, Effective Stealth of 18.


The trio began their gradual, careful approach to the encampment. Enrique had initially spotted the two greenskins, and via his signals, Madal caught sight of them too.

Kavaki was rather taken aback by the wilderness. There were never quite this many trees on the Mountain smilies/icon_surprised.gif

As Madal studied them, he couldn't make out what they were saying. Though with that rather impressive Insight check, he kind of got the jist of what they were talking about. Apparently, the smaller orc was describing some sort of tactic or maneuver. At the gestures made, it seems most of the encampment had vacated for some reason, such as for a scouting party. The other one, despite not speaking much, looked like he was being briefed, or updated. Perhaps he was a leader figure here?

Suddenly, the Mage of the two stops speaking, and looks nervously about. The leader Orc seemed confused at the sudden change, but can't make heads or tails of it. The Mage begins to scan the treeline, as if looking for something...

Map!  

Rain Yupa
Captain
Rain Yupa's avatar

Anxious Prophet

Seph Baelzara rolled 5 20-sided dice: 8, 10, 5, 3, 16 Total: 42 (5-100)

Seph Baelzara

Seph Baelzara's avatar

Dedicated Gaian

11,650 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:43 pm
It appeared his antics had alerted their target to their presence. For perhaps the last time in this hunt, he would move around the trunk of the tree for the most opportune position. Then, once found, he'd drop to the ground, he'd snap a single bolt into the crossbow. In quick succession, not one, but two bolts shot through the air. Each bolt had a name on it, one was set for the orc, and the other set for the mage.

Code:
Move: 1 SW, 1 W, 1 N
????: Drop prone
Free: Load Crossbow
Standard: Fire (Twin strike part 1/2)
Free: Load Crossbow
Standard: Fire (Twin strike part 2/2)

Passive Perception: 24
Insight: +7
Stealth: +11
Init: +7
ToHit: +13
 
Seph Baelzara rolled 2 20-sided dice: 18, 18 Total: 36 (2-40)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:45 pm
Code:
Passive Perception: 24
Insight: 15
Stealth: 21
Init: 12
ToHit: 16 - To Warrior
ToHit: 29 - Mage
Damage: +3
 

Seph Baelzara

Seph Baelzara's avatar

Dedicated Gaian

11,650 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
Seph Baelzara rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 4 Total: 11 (2-20)

Seph Baelzara

Seph Baelzara's avatar

Dedicated Gaian

11,650 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:47 pm
[How I wish that was the right die.]  
Reply
[D&D 4e] Coliseum --- --- --- --- [Closed for Renovations]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games