closed... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

explosionism

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:29 am
OKAY let me repost.

I have a friend who usually agrees to do something together and ditches me in that situation and leave me alone. And then tells me off why i said that or why i did it.
I cant confront her because she wont understand why im confronting her and just give me attitude about confronting her.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:05 am
well, how old are you guys?

um, other than the whole convincing others thing (which i kind of dont understand, what does that mean?) has she ever shown that she isnt trustworthy?  

promised_child

lordstar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:58 am
woh
you are way out in let field

perhaps you should worry more about her trust in you and less about your trust in her  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:28 pm
Talk to your Priest about it. Other than that, if you value your friendship, and care that much about here let me pose this question to you:

Is there more there on your end about this girl than just friendship?
Methinks you are not being honest about your intentions. You cannot change people. God can. Talk to your Priest.  

Vasilius Konstantinos

explosionism

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:18 pm
i know you cant change people with their beliefs. I just want to help them. i guess thats what i meant by convincing them like "hey want to come to mass, the others are going ? we're going out after etc etc kind of way. Although maybe thats not really convincing...

The thing is shes the one who suggests something or she agrees to do something. And then when i do it, she backs out of it, and completely goes against it and complains or argues about it. If she doesnt want to agree to do something. She could just say it instead of giving attitude.
Shes never really stuck up for me or backed me up in pretty much any situations. Instead, she starts this arguing and telling me off for doing something that she agreed with.

Im upset because shes always doing this! and i dont know if i should really rely or trust her.

okay..maybe youre right. Maybe she doesnt trust me for some reason. *rolls eyes* I guess i shouldnt trust her either. Ive decided i should just distance myself from her. I dont want to put up with anymore of this.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:46 pm
I suggest you confront her about it instead of giving up on her.

It is in no way loving to someone to just drop them from your life because you don't feel like dealing with them.

Rather, work through your problem. Be the 'bigger person' (if you want to put it that way) and go to her with your frustration. Odds are, she will not react the way you want her to, but such is life. It is on you to keep reacting with genuine love and patience (although, I warn you, don't go into it being 'high and mighty' or 'holier than thou' because that gets no one anywhere. Be humble in your approach.)

Karumei

Clean Regular

lordstar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:51 pm
explosionism
i know you cant change people with their beliefs. I just want to help them. i guess thats what i meant by convincing them like "hey want to come to mass, the others are going ? we're going out after etc etc kind of way. Although maybe thats not really convincing...

The thing is shes the one who suggests something or she agrees to do something. And then when i do it, she backs out of it, and completely goes against it and complains or argues about it. If she doesnt want to agree to do something. She could just say it instead of giving attitude.
Shes never really stuck up for me or backed me up in pretty much any situations. Instead, she starts this arguing and telling me off for doing something that she agreed with.

Im upset because shes always doing this! and i dont know if i should really rely or trust her.

okay..maybe youre right. Maybe she doesnt trust me for some reason. *rolls eyes* I guess i shouldnt trust her either. Ive decided i should just distance myself from her. I dont want to put up with anymore of this.

Not a very faithful fellow are you  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:04 pm
Karumei

It is in no way loving to someone to just drop them from your life because you don't feel like dealing with them.

Rather, work through your problem. Be the 'bigger person' (if you want to put it that way) and go to her with your frustration. Odds are, she will not react the way you want her to, but such is life. It is on you to keep reacting with genuine love and patience (although, I warn you, don't go into it being 'high and mighty' or 'holier than thou' because that gets no one anywhere. Be humble in your approach.)

i dealt with this issue before. I confronted her about it and she just wouldnt talk to me about it. But came up with really pathetic excuses...then she'll get annoyed about me confronting her and go off and b***h about it to our other close friends...i went through this...it didnt go well
i dont want to go through that again...thats why
i dont know how else to deal with this issue

i know...im becoming very unfaithful...i dont know how else do deal with this friend because she cant seem to handle being confronted about it.  

explosionism

lordstar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:17 pm
explosionism
Karumei

i dealt with this issue before. I confronted her about it and she just wouldnt talk to me about it. But came up with really pathetic excuses...then she'll get annoyed about me confronting her and go off and b***h about it to our other close friends...i went through this...it didnt go well

i know...im becoming very unfaithful...i dont know how else do deal with this friend because she cant seem to handle being confronted about it.

she is trying to tell you something very important in that weird sorta way women do where they don't tell you but you should know anyway.

you are a nag dude
her faith is her faith
just as your faith is your faith
you don't need me telling you how to worship and she doesn't need you to tell her what she should do and how
perhaps it might be best to let her do things her way

doesn't mean you can't be friends or that there is not trust
although you may want to consider taking a chill pill and respecting your friend more (not saying you disrespected her or that such was your intention)  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:35 pm
lordstar
explosionism
Karumei

she is trying to tell you something very important in that weird sorta way women do where they don't tell you but you should know anyway.

you are a nag dude
her faith is her faith
you don't need me telling you how to worship and she doesn't need you to tell her what she should do and how

although you may want to consider taking a chill pill and respecting your friend more (not saying you disrespected her or that such was your intention)

omg this isnt about worship!!! O.O that was an example of how she deals with an issue

this whole point was about her agreeing to do something together and then ditching me and leaving me in whatever situation alone and then telling me off, arguing about why i did that or said that because that was stupid or dumb all the time!!! D:

i dont understand why she does this with everything!...she has serious issues and i dont know how to talk to her about it ...infact i dont think i can ever speak to her without her getting all attitudeish because apparently when somebody tells her off or confronts her nicely. She thinks its a fight or something....or maybe this person is ganging up on her!!  

explosionism

explosionism

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:38 pm
burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:48 pm
I know that you have most wonderful intentions, and you are trying to save your freinds from firery damnation, but you should go around evangelizing. It will only make your freinds dislike and separate from you. If you do feel the need to at least attempt keep at a minimum, you don't want to lose you friends, do you?  

iy8970970607

lordstar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:04 pm
explosionism
lordstar
explosionism
Karumei

you are a nag dude
her faith is her faith

omg this isnt about worship!!! O.O that was an example of how she deals with an issue

this whole point was about her agreeing to do something together and then ditching me and leaving me in whatever situation alone and then telling me off, arguing about why i did that or said that because that was stupid or dumb all the time!!! D:

i dont understand why she does this with everything!...she has serious issues and i dont know how to talk to her about it ...infact i dont think i can ever speak to her without her getting all attitudeish because apparently when somebody tells her off or confronts her nicely. She thinks its a fight or something....or maybe this person is ganging up on her!!

I maintain the above even outside the context of worship  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:21 pm
Ephemeral Lazarus
I know that you have most wonderful intentions, and you are trying to save your freinds from firery damnation, but you should go around evangelizing. It will only make your freinds dislike and separate from you. If you do feel the need to at least attempt keep at a minimum, you don't want to lose you friends, do you?

im not trying to evangelize.
how is telling your friend " hey we going out after mass...wana come along so we go straight to the city?" evangelizing? :S

and what do we do? we just read them passages out of bibles hoping that will help them? neutral

this isnt about the friend im trying to help
its about A ...about how i cant confront her about this ditching habit.  

explosionism

Vasilius Konstantinos

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:22 pm
This is an interesting topic. And to think I missed Glenn Beck for this...  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff