Submit

Wickefisto

Shameless Pyromaniac

14,250 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:28 pm
Another tip: NON-CORPORATE veterinarians are generally more affordable and offer excellent discounts; they care more about people taking care of their pets than making a profit or making commission selling unnecessary services or crap products.

I take all my pets to All Creatures Animal Hospital which is the closest non-corporate vet in my area here in Southern Oregon, there are similar veterinarian practices throughout the U.S.; you should try calling around and Google vets in your area until you find a non-corporate one.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:37 pm
If you live in Northern California, the U.C. Davis veterinary teaching hospital is involved with veterinary cancer clinical trials.  

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:45 am
There are no insurance's in America for pets?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:59 pm
Dianda Panda
There are no insurance's in America for pets?
There are but it is rare, and the companies that take animals besides cats and dogs are even more rare. BUT they exist. Here's an article about it.  

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:03 pm

For most people that need help with vet costs, the insurance doesn't really help because you still have to pay up front. Then if whatever you need done at the vet was eligible, they will send you a check to reimburse you. At least that's what happens with every company I've seen so far. I'd like to see one where you pay your monthly dues, copay (if applicable), and that's it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:12 pm
It's sad that there isn't free dog spay/neuter programs. I get that cats are a bigger problem, but it's not like it's cheap to neuter a dog. The only reason one of our dogs is neutered is because he was supposed to go to the shelter, but the humane society called us and asked if we wanted to try it out and they would send us a coupon for a free neuter when we went to get his shots. But my beagle needs to be cut. He's getting a touch bit too agressive and neutering him will calm him down.  

Norse Princess

Desirable Phantom

xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx

Angelic Vampire

17,900 Points
  • Team Peyo 25
  • That One Hero 500
  • Super Jumper 500
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:16 pm
The humane society here have discount altering. Cats are $38-40 and dogs are $40-50. That also includes a rabie shot.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:08 pm
Our humane society does a free spay-neuter clinic. But it's only for cats. And again comes the unfairity. If we had a bunch of feral dogs running around, they'd wish they started early on the issue.  

Norse Princess

Desirable Phantom

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:58 am
Vanilla eXee

For most people that need help with vet costs, the insurance doesn't really help because you still have to pay up front. Then if whatever you need done at the vet was eligible, they will send you a check to reimburse you. At least that's what happens with every company I've seen so far. I'd like to see one where you pay your monthly dues, copay (if applicable), and that's it.

10 Euro's a month per cat here. I have two, and I share it with my boyfriend. He 10, me 10.

Neutering, operations, Injections, Medicines, X-rays, consultation. I could go on forever.
Are all insured 80% till 100%.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:47 am
For anyone who lives in Michigan, Huron Valley humane society near Ann Arbor is pretty good. Not just for operations, but for adopting too! When we adopted 2 kittens from them (one turned out to be a beautiful Mainecoon 4laugh ) it cost us $65 total. They were both spayed/neutered, they both had all their shots except the rabies shot (for which they gave us 2 coupons for free ones) and both had implanted microchips. they also gave us collars for them, food bowls, a bag of food, a few toys, and as if to put the icing on the cake, if either of them needs vet treatment, or an operation within the first week of adoption, it is covered by them 100%.
God knows how they stay in buisness... eek  

antifreeze1994

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:02 am
My dog has a wellness plan. All the fees from his neuter and vaccines are added up and spread equally through a 12 month period. Rounds out to about $20-ish a month for their "Puppy Plan". Includes a bunch of good stuff. It's offered by Banfield, the vet that's in PetsMart. At first I wasn't thrilled about how they handled my rabbit years ago but I gave this one a shot and I'm loving it. Then again, my dog hasn't had any issues that were HUGE.

The thing I really love about it is unlimited office visits and tons of discounted services.

It made it easy for us to keep him up to date on everything he needs and not having to dish out like $300++ for the neuter. It's saved us over $1000 thus far.

http://www.banfield.com/Optimum-Wellness-Plans  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces