Elda [Greater Flamingo] - Sukkubus Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LaBlue Belle
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:58 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:21 pm
table of contents.

hard times got me topsy-turvy!

x. Miss Belle~
o. Table of Contents - you're here, darlin'!
x. Updates
o. Elda, the greater flamingo
x. Her guardian and family
o. Elda's role plays
x. Guys n' dolls
o. Scrapbook!
x. Trinkets
o. Art and other
x. Silly things~
o. Elda's Victrola
x. --
o. The Winning Entry
x. Credits

Sukkubus

Sukkubus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:22 pm
updates.

a day in the life.

o1.o2.1o . Watch out world! Elda's now a beautiful lady and little no longer! And she's armed.
o8.15.o9 . Elda is a lovely teenager! Clement too! You better catch up soon, Mister Yorick!
o7.25.o9 . She's a child~ Oh, what a sweet little batch of kidlets! <3!!
o7.11.o9 . omai! Elda and her Wonderland buddies have grown! What adorable animals!
o7.o4.o9 . Elda is won and received! wat!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
elda, the croquet mallet greater flamingo.

let's close our eyes and make our own paradise!

User Image

The chief difficulty Alice found at first was in managing her flamingo:
she succeeded in getting its body tucked away, comfortably enough, under her arm,
with its legs hanging down, but generally, just as she had got its neck nicely straightened out,
and was going to give the hedgehog a blow with its head, it would twist itself round
and look up in her face, with such a puzzled expression that
she could not help bursting out laughing...

User Image
Name: Elda

__Meaning: a name with many meanings! in English it's wise, prudent advisor
Species: Greater flamingo

Distinguishing features: Small, cupid-esque wings on her back, feathered tail (perfect for wiggling~), tiny claws on her webbed hands and feet. Also, I don't know if you've noticed, but she's pretty darn pink!

Food: Shrimp, crab meat, vanilla cupcakes, bottled water
Music: Dixieland jazz, torch songs, vocal jazz, swing
Singers: Carmen McRae, Sam & Ruby, Billie Holiday, Annette Hanshaw, Louis Armstrong
Hobbies: Kisses, pinching (Clement awake), pettings, hanging out with the Cool Kids (aka Banyan and Cobalt), fussing over Yorick's hair, watching old films, dancing, singing, skating

Dislikes:
Food: Tap water (she still has a sort of filter, so tap water tastes gritty to her), tea (unless with milk and sugar), biscuits
Music: Bubblegum pop
Absolutely hates: blushing!

Quirks: Tends to say things in twos, claps her hands when she's excited, babbles when she's happy.

Keyword: Flexible
Personality:
Elda is every part flexible indeed! A theatrical and happy Hyte, this pretty flamingo makes sure to fit in wherever she goes. She likes to think herself a social chameleon, but the fact of the matter is that Elda would much prefer make her own niche than find one to fit into. Despite being scolded for her daydream-y (and fickle) ways, her genuine sweetness is an infectious charm that works like a spider's web.

__As a baby: A brave little flamingo, filled to the brim with curiosity! While easily startled, she is not easily scared. Elda often did what she so pleased while a baby flamingo, testing out her wings and grooming whomever was in the room!

__As a child: Elda is a spunky little girl, relying mostly on herself for fun and entertainment. She spends much of her time by herself at home (and sometimes in the HQ!) and because of this, the little flamingo has developed the personality of an only child - though she isn't one at all: she is independent, self-aware, and perhaps a bit spoiled (though she doesn't like to think she is!). She is also very dreamy, floating through her own made up world and inviting her friends into it whenever she chances to run into them.

__As a teen: Elda may have grown physically, but mentally she still acts very much like a little girl. A bit more self-aware, the young flamingo has grown ever more precocious, often speaking her mind and occasionally inciting her own undoings. She has a very difficult time holding her tongue, especially when incensed, but tries awful hard, promise! to stop when she's ahead. She is also still a dreamer, ever-hopeful, always happy. Elda doesn't believe much in staying sad and often laughs off her own angst. And, perhaps, one too many black and white films has transformed the little girl into a hopeless romantic....  

Sukkubus

Sukkubus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:26 pm
guardian and family.

grab your coat and get your hat--User Image

the guardian.

name; Sukkubus

__goes by; Su, Sukku
species; she-devil
gender; female
age; old enough
distinguishing features; spaded tail, two sets of horns (long horns resembling a Sable Antelope's at her temples, two shorter, blunter horns above her brow), protruding bones (scarred over) which look like hyper-extended shoulder blades (her wings were torn off), pointed teeth, no ears

employment; works for Gaia Action 9 News, former playwright under the pseudonym Lou C. Fair (lolol so clever)

nutshell; playful, aggressive, no sense of personal space, scatterbrained

the incredibly dysfunctional happy family.

User Imagename; Hugo
species; Light Yuniko
gender; Male

relation to elda; bizarre, quasi-brother who acts more like an irritable older sister....

nutshell; Spacey, selfish, hedonistic, nosy

hugo is: usually at the Yuniko compound with his beau.

User Imagename; Poulain
species; Light Yuniko
gender; Male

relation to elda; Little brother

nutshell; Sweet-tempered, perpetually confused, guileless

poulain is: often seen following Venavenotti around Durem

User Imagename; Xiaodan
little-helper
species; Foo dog, engineered by Syrcaid
gender; Female

relation to elda; Pet!

nutshell; Hyper, wiggly, submissive

xiaodan likes: getting in the way and belly skritches!

User Imagename; Oswald
species; Cat... thing.
gender; Male

relation to elda; Pet Mean kitty.

nutshell; Sneaky, thoughtless, conniving, rude

oswald is: slinking around the apartment.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:27 pm
elda's roleplays.

leave your worries on the doorstep--

OPEN for RP, but please PM! feel free to ask in-thread or through PM if you're curious; i don't bite! hard. x3

User Image
first wiggles! || protoform; with Banyan || pg. 2378

pretty in pink. || protoform; with Banyan || pg. 2389-2390

bath time! || protoform; with Yorick and Banyan || 2387-2398

baby! || with Clement, Kisuke, Noe, Yorick, Georgie, Banyan, and Seth! *whew!* || pg. 2409-2413

Clement-fetish || baby; Clement, Yorick, Ciaran, with some Georgie and Hunter~ || pg. 2415-2421

the Blue Man! || baby; Cobalt, Yorick, Delilah || pg. 2425-2431

bubble wrap~ || baby; with Cobalt, Seth, Yorick, WithCatPi/Tiernah || pg. 2435-2437

baby food, insurance, and pile driving! || baby; with Kisuke, Kamiko, Cobalt, Yorick and Femi || pg. 2441-2442

pounce! || baby; with Banyan, Kiyone, and Cobalt || pg. 2459-2465

tall! || baby; with Gyasi and Xin Yue || pg. 2480-2482

big girl now! || child; with Clement, Kisuke, Seth, Cobalt, Yorick, Banyan || pg. 2549-2557

double dog dare. || child; with Clement, Banyan, Cobalt || pg. 2567-2572

secret agent man. || child; with Banyan, Maxwell, Cobalt, Clement || [C*cktail shop] pg. 204-206

Sukkubus

Sukkubus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:28 pm
guys n' dolls. hyte relations.

life can be so sweet--

. In-house .
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Maxwell -- [child] He gave me an eclair, yum yum yum! *3*
[teen] Well, he certainly has good taste and charm for miles!

Julien -- [teen] Follow the White Rabbit....
Quincy --

. Batch 1 [ American Petshop ] . Batch 2 [ African Savannah ] .
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Colton --
Philomena --
Desiderio --
Triane --
Ginmei --
Gable-- [teen] So he's the one that swept Ms. Femi off her feet! Oh my, how romantic! He seems such a kingly sort, too!
Femi -- [teen] One of those ladies a gal wouldn't mind being a little more like. She's so kind and patient! I hope I get to babysit little Lule sometime.

Isoke --
Gyasi -- [baby] Very tall! He intimidated Elda at first with his sheer height, but Gyasi proved to be a gentleman through and through!

Lilith Naamit --

. Batch 3 [ Japanese Tourismboard ] .
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Kamiko --
Kisuke -- [child] I like him! He said that lots of friends kiss when they see each other, so there~
[teen] An absolute doll. heart He's sweeter than honey, for sure! It's a shame Wendy didn't like him much... how embarrassing.

Katsutoshi --
Kiyone -- [baby] Squawk!

Kaede --

. Generation 2008 .
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Zane -- [teen] I wouldn't be surprised if he thought Cobalt and I were courtin' the white lady. We... justdidn'tfeellikedancin'!
Eli --
Noelani --
Ekene --
Amara --
Saleem --

. Event Specials .
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Tio --
Xin Yue --
Lance --
Ciarán -- [baby] Tail-feather snatcher!
Boy George --
Melisande --
Clement -- [baby] Elda finds it very frustrating that Clement is always squeaking and sleeping! She has taken it upon herself to disturb his naps... D:
[child] Why are you always scoldin' me, mister? Silly goose! I pinch him a lot-- someone's gotta keep him awake! :3
[teen] I haven't seen much of Clemmy since we've grown, but he's become ever-so-handsome~ Oh-oh-oh! I feel silly I was ever upset with him! We all slept in the most comfortable pile! I've missed him so.

Elda -- Thaaat's me~

Yorick -- [baby] Protective over the skittish Yorick despite never quite understanding his mousy behavior. She does try to look after him though, the dear~
[child] Sometimes he acts like he doesn't remember me. Hm! But he did say I was pretty; he's awful sweet.
[teen] Oh, Yorick, where have you gone to? Oh~ Just as sweet as always! But now he doesn't fit on my lap anymore, and that's certainly very sad indeed! I miss being with him and Clemmy all at once.

Wayne -- [teen] What a grumpy little boy! Cuter than a button, though.

. RL Customs .
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Banyan -- [baby] Banyan looked after Elda when she was a soup-tube, telling her what's what (and reading a romance novel or two at 'bed time')! Elda is awfully fond of her for this, and looked for her first when she grew!
[child] She gives me lots of kisses and cuddles and eee, tickles me a lot! I love Banyan, she's the best! heart
[teen] Banyan is the lady I wouldn't mind being a little more like. She's sassy and sweet and a real black-and-white come to life! Like if you took Ingrid Bergman and Bette Davis and *giggle* Bettie Paige and rolled them all into one! She's like my older sister.

Hunter -- [child] >8|;;
[teen] I don't quite know how I should feel about him... Cobalt told me to avoid him though. Hm.
I always put my foot in my mouth-- case in point: Hunter. He's eerie and despicable.

Haevan -- [teen] I remember Cobalt and Femi telling me that Haevan and Hunter are together. It's so hard to believe, the dear-- he's so-very-lovely!

Seth -- [teen] Always so polite, this pretty-kitty! I hope he serenades his girlfriend one day~

Cobalt -- [baby] While he cuts an intimidating figure, Elda is not one bit frightened. In fact, the little bird seems particularly fond of the Xenomorph! She doesn't mind being a "pretty pink cane beneath his blue claw" -- especially when he has food things!
[child] The bee's knees! He helps me fill up water balloons and lets me wear his pirate hat sometimes. Cobalt is my favorite!
[teen] Oh, oh! Probably my best friend in the entire world! I love him very, very much!

. Anniversary 2008 Clytes [Permatween Clones] .
Aulis --
Felyse --
Caerwyn --
Jasper --
Amadeo --

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:29 pm
scrapbook.

on the sunny side of the street!

User Image

what a cute little tube! 8D [o7.o4]

User Image
eee~ she's a darling flamingo! [o7.11]

User Image
what a sweet little girl she is! look at that adorable little flip, eee! <3 [o7.25]

User Image
oh. my. goodness! she's turning into such a pretty little lady! where did her childhood go? lovely! [o8.15]

Sukkubus

Sukkubus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:30 pm
trinkets, lytes, and bytes!

can't you hear the pitter-pat--

User Image User Image
To Elda, from Banyan heart

User Image User Image

User Image User Image

User Image
click to see what's inside! absolutely darling gift from Femi and Lule.

User Image

User Image
User Image
EEEeee

User Image

User Image User Image

User Image User Image

User Image User Image

User Image User Image

User Image User Image

User Image User Image

User Image User Image

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:33 pm
art and other.

and that happy tune in your step?

thumbnails of the originals! click to view~ we're so spoiled! ;o; heart

FEATURED!!:

User Image
by kami! cobalt and elda dancing to their theme, i don't feel like dancin' by the scissor sisters. i get the warm fuzzies - and giggles - every time i see this picture. ooooh, my god! i'm about to blow it up to put on my wall, seriously.

User Image
uh-oh~ already tagging walls? by syrcaid!

User Image
i need to use this banner! B: syrcaid spoils me!

User Image
adorable art by lizzyjun commissioned by restless honor!

User Image
HIGHlarious comic by kamileunaire! wacky hijinks with cobalt and elda! poor clement! :<

User Image
she can fly, she can fly, she can fly! elda, the make believe pirate! pixel art by syrcaid!

User Image
4-koma, banyan and elda stye! by kamileunaire! iluuu

User Image
omg, ADORABLE picture by kami of cobalt and elda in their natural forms-- BFFLS! >3<

User Image
adorable portrait by naotsuki! nao also drew a precious one of edgy~

User Image
commissioned art piece by rainbow flavored toast!

User Image
*****. JK! cobalt likes soft things. C: by kami!

User Image
fsjal by kami XD!

User Image
crappy art by me lol suxxxx

User Image
more sux by meeee

Sukkubus

Sukkubus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:36 pm
silly thing.

life can be complete--

Syrcaid
Banyan: *takes a glitter pen and draws a o3o face on Elda's soup tube*

User Image
Maxx complied. xD heart

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:37 pm
elda's victrola.

on the sunny side of the street!

User Image

[Playlist]
Click for a listen~ That's all!

Upside Down, Paloma Faith

Moi je joue, Brigitte Bardot

When the Red, Red, Robin Comes Bob, Bob, Bobbin' Along, Carmen McRae and Susan Hayward (I'll Cry Tomorrow) versions

On the Sunny Side of the Street, Louis Armstong

So Mean to Me, Annette Hanshaw

I Don't Feel Like Dancin', Scissor Sisters

God Bless the Child, Billie Holiday

Who's That Knockin' at My Door?, Annette Hanshaw

Cheek to Cheek, Fred Astaire

Lady in Spain, Ingrid Michaelson

Bette Davis Eyes, Kim Carnes

Mariella, Kate Nash

Sukkubus

Sukkubus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:38 pm
Now, when I die, bury me in my straight-leg britches,
Put on a box-back coat and a stetson hat,
Put a twenty-dollar gold piece on my watch chain,
So you can let all the boys know I died standing pat.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:40 pm
the entry.

note; i still don't know how i won, but i'm so very happy i did! thank you, everyone!

Jun D
ELDA

What a smart and nimble story it was - perfect for a flexible Flamingo - and to its credit [or not!] it included the most horrible, if appropriate, pun... XD;; And a great amalgation of the Wonderland mythos and HyTech! Demi would, however, like to add the caveat that it'd better be some other Queen she was dreaming [or otherwise] about, for none would ever get within close enough a range to do such discourtesy… *cough* Congratulations, Sukkubus! May your…colourful appearances in HyTech be now enriched with a little Flamingo!

the entry
Name: Elda
Personality: FLEXIBLE; Elda is every part flexible indeed! A theatrical and happy Hyte, this pretty flamingo makes sure to fit in wherever she goes. She likes to think herself a social chameleon, but the fact of the matter is that Elda would much prefer make her own niche than find one to fit into. Despite being scolded for her daydream-y (and fickle) ways, her genuine sweetness is an infectious charm that works like a spider's web.

General Prompt: Your Flamingo has gotten herself lost in Wonderland[and/or]the Looking Glass World - write of her experience. [Feel free to use any elements/characters from this thread/HyTech/C*cktail.]

Elda did not like tea.

Oh, she liked a good many things, surely: the smell of old books (not necessarily the prose within), the sound buttons made when you clasped them shut, the scent wet pavement gave off after an afternoon shower (given it was clean), and most especially, etiquette class. But tea would always be boiled grass to her without some milk and lots of sugar, and she told Madame la Croix so during their third private lesson together. The severe faced French woman, wholly annoyed, then proceeded to remind her to uncross your legs, cross your ankles, that napkin belongs on the left, and for your impudence, you will be washing the teapot, cups, and cutlery!

All right, Elda agreed with practiced obedience, making faces into her napkin as she wiped her mouth.

It wasn’t the first time - or the last, rest assured - that she was left standing in front of Madame la Croix’s sink staring out of the kitchen window, distracted. Despite the day being overcast with watery sunlight spilling across the yard, she wanted to be out more than in. No use dreaming, she thought, lowering her eyes to watch the last of the soap suds pour out of the teapot spout. Posture was next, her mental schedule reminded because you have wings, darling, but you do not float! She grabbed a delicate china cup and tossed the contents down the drain with a sigh that made her lips flap.

But the dregs of tea, no matter how hard she scrubbed or how hot the water was, clung stubbornly to the bottom of her cup. She squinted and brought it close to her eye.

“Look here,” she told the dregs in a stage whisper. “I have book balancing to get to! Now, if you’ll get out of my cup, I won’t scrub anymore!”

She doused the cup beneath the faucet. Looking into it, she let out a frustrated noise-- that died the moment it left her lips.

“You know, if you turn your head sideways” - which she did - “Squint your eyes and crinkle your nose” - which she also did - “And lean in close… you almost look like a heart-- eep!”

While the teacup fell into the sink, Elda fell into the teacup, but the water decided to continue to do its duty and justly fell down the drain.

Shrubs, Elda decided after wrestling herself to freedom, were no comfy landing. Brambles stuck in her budding wings, her socks, her hair - after some prickling against her eyelid, she had even found one clinging to her lashes! The young girl wind milled her arms and flapped her wings in frustration, feet stomping the damp earth. She had yet to realize, or perhaps care, where she was.

“Honestly, who keeps potted bushes underneath a sink…” Pick, pick, pick.

Miss?

“Really, I knew Madame la Croix was a little batty….” Pick, peel, ouch!

Excuse me?

“I understand ferns, but--” A delicate touch on her elbow. “Eek!”

Startled by the feather-light brush, Elda spun around and choked on her own breath. The speaker’s tall white ears gave a delicate twitch, and whatever thoughts passed behind his eyes he seemed to reconsider in lieu of Elda’s disrepair. He clutched a large watch in his hand, gave it a once over, looked left, then right, then over his shoulder before leaning forward. It was then that Elda caught the fluttering panic in his voice.

Just what are you doing out here?

Elda opened her mouth and looked around. Since when had she ended up in Madame la Croix’s yard? It was the same grass, the same sky -- the trees looked as though they were wet, from rain (or perhaps paint!), but otherwise… she turned back to the rabbit-eared man (who, she realized, looked more like a rabbit when she stared at him from the corner of her eye, but more like a man when she looked straight at him).

“Teacups,” she answered dumbly. He stared, waved his paws, and ushered her forward.

The croquet match is at noon and if the Queen realizes she’s missing her favorite mallet, she will be most displeased,” he continued as though she had never spoken at all. She tripped over her clawed feet as he pushed her forward.

“What does her favorite mallet have to do with me?” Elda prompted, turning her head every which way to catch the rabbit leading from behind. Too many things were passing through her mind at once, and not one could she grasp. The underlying panic is the rabbit’s voice began to course beneath her skin, but for very different reasons.

Since when had the Madame planned a garden party, she thought when they neared the center of the yard. Elda was hardly ready to entertain her own family let alone a party full of strange elite! Were those knights or horses? Was that a flower or a rat dressed as a flower? Small, behooved boys no older than she scampered this way and that, dressed like pages. A blue haired woman done up in a bow politely greeted another, who was dressed more lavishly and with a crown. But most importantly--

“Where’s Madame la Croix?”

Getting her head lobbed off, I suppose.

Elda shrieked when a pair of golden eyes, much more gold than her own, materialized in the air before them. This amused the eyes and a grin formed below them to show her so. The rabbit, unfazed, sighed.

Please go away, you caused enough confusion amongst the court last game.” (it was all a very polite affair!)

The Miss needs a word or two or three of advice!

What advice could you possibly give to a mallet, Cat?

“A mallet??”

The figure finally stepped from thin air, black as pitch. Tall, menacing in a lithe way, the same way the Rabbit was not. He flashed a white-fanged smile at the harried pair.

Fine,” continued the Rabbit, ignoring her outburst and the feline at his side. “Three words max.

The Cat leaned towards Elda, who shrank away in not in fear, for she had already gotten over that, but shyness.

Use your head,” he said with a broad grin, rapping a claw against her temple. He laughed and in the next step, the air had swallowed all but his mouth up again. Another blink and that too was gone.

Honestly,” the Rabbit breathed.

My head? The moment the Cat was gone, the Rabbit lengthened his strides. Elda puzzled over the feline’s words, figuring them useless. Things were beginning to grow particularly bizarre, as those same page-like, horse-hoofed boys were dropping their trays of tea and treacle and forming arches across the yard. Hedgehogs were jostling one another in a pile. The crowd seemed to have swelled in size -- a giraffe here, a raccoon there, a caterpillar with a hookah, a unicorn with a fish’s tail, a lion nursing a large, steaming mug. Each step brought Elda closer and closer to the menacing figure of the queen, whose gown shown like rubies against the grass (or blood, her mind whispered). As though sensing her stare, the queen turned and pinned Elda down with a steely gaze - it warmed, if only slightly.

“My mallet!

Elda froze, turned towards her rabbit escort as he thrust her out and into the queen’s arms. The Queen of Hearts scooped her up and promptly boxed her ears.

“Ouch!”

“That’s for leaving the confines of your box, you silly thing!” she scolded fondly. She dropped Elda back onto her feet and patted the girl down, straightening her out. Then she bent and grabbed the girl’s ankles, promptly flipping her upside down.

“But I’m not a MALLET!” she cried, awash with sudden understanding. Her cheeks pinked as blood rushed to her head. The winged girl tried to make sense of her situation, but things were beginning to run together in her horror and panic. She wanted to be home again; she’d even settle for washing all of Madame la Croix’s dishes! Her house! The Queen shook her out, limber, limber! she told the girl-mallet, and Elda began to sob uncontrollably.

“Stop that crying! I am to start the game and I do not want a weepy mallet! It‘s bad luck!” demanded the Queen.

“But I’m not a mallet!”

“You are, you are-- Rabbit, set a hedgehog!”

Right away, your Highness!” A hedgehog was gingerly rolled into place.

“I shall prove you to be a mallet, now watch!” The Queen in her infinite strength, swung Elda back and up, preparing to knock the spiked ball through an arch, but Elda never gave her the chance. Use your head, the Cat had said. Twisting up and around, the winged girl grabbed onto the first thing her arms came to -- the Queen’s head.

“Off! Off!” came the Queen’s muffled shouting. Her hands withdrew from Elda, busy trying to pry her from her face.

“Off! Off!” she cried again.

“I am not a mallet!” Elda shouted back.

Oh dear, oh me,” the Rabbit gasped.

“Off! Off!” the crowd began to chant.

The Queen stumbled about in the din of confusion, the caws, howls, and chirps. She beat her hands against Elda’s body, snatched at the pink of her flapping wings. Like the dregs had to the teacup, Elda clung stubbornly to the Queen.

“Off with her head!” the Queen finally thundered.

“No, no, no!” Elda pleaded against the Queen. She was beginning to feel as though she were pleading her case. “I am not a mallet!”

That you are not,” came the soothing voice of the Cat. Elda’s face snapped up in surprise.

As the golden eyes of the Cat faded against a pale stretch of rain cloud, sound came rushing back to Elda. Steam was rolling from the basin, hot water splashing from the sink and onto her front. Elda gave a cry of surprise and hopped back, hands coming up to wipe at the wet patch on her blouse. The sink had overflowed with water, suds and steam escaping over the lip of the counter.

“Mademoiselle! Elda!

Elda spun around to see Madame la Croix’s astonished - and enraged - face. The woman crossed the room and plunged a perfumed hand into the hot water, plucking the tea cup that plugged the drain and turning the faucet off. Elda stared at her wide-eyed. Oh, she had never been happier! She slipped as she threw her arms around her tutor’s middle.

“Oh, Madame la Croix! You’re here and you’re MAD and you have your head!” she said happily. “I’ll learn to like tea, I promise! And I’ll learn to cross my ankles and set my napkin right! And I’ll learn to float!, I promise!”

Now thoroughly bewildered, Madame la Croix could only stare down at the pink crown of her student‘s head, “What on earth are you going on about, child? You have MUCH to clean up!”

But despite older woman‘s scolding, the young girl was ever so happy and such glee was infectious. Somewhat confused, but touched, she patted Elda’s head. She blinked and looked down.

“Elda, how on earth did brambles get in your hair?”

Sukkubus

Sukkubus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:41 pm

Elda's Lines by Jun D
Elda's Color by Maxx D
Elda's Personality by Sukkulame
(she's the uncoolest person ever)

hybridTECHNICA © Jun D + Maxx D

HyTech: HYTE Directory | Certificate Threads/RP Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items