Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Guild's Main Forum - - [religion, spirituality, paranormal, metaphysics, etc]
All Things Altar Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xShe Dreams Fiction

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:27 am
I have a pretty nontraditional alter. It is on top of a huge jewelry cabinet my grandma gave me, and the first two drawers are devoted to the alter itself. It also spills out onto the desk next to it.

Disregard the collage of stuff behind it, that's all my mementos from high school and college heart

This is the top, its very minimal. I keep an upright incense holder with two matching candles with a symbol of the Goddess on it, a hand statue with palm reading lines for my divinaton, a crystal ball in a hand holder to match, and the box contains my very first tarot deck - the Phantasmagoric Theater Tarot.

User Image

Insides the first drawer I keep a few tarot decks, my rune stones, and a bunch of various charms and items I use the most often.

I have my wand, a tiny witch's broom, my angel bell, the shell I smudge in and the parrot feather wand that goes with it, various gemstones, my pendulum, an angel worry stone, a tiny buddha, a tiny sugar skull, an old key, a lucky coin, an iron nail evil eye cross, a lighter, and my cleaning cloth for my crystal ball.

User Image

The second drawer has a little less in it. I keep my two newest tarot decks in here, which are the only two I read non inverted so I like to keep them together, I have my sage bundles, incense blends, blessing salts, a pouch of old lucky coins, and a buddhist mala prayer bracelet. It is made from bodhi seeds, and it is believed that buddha sat under a bodhi tree when reaching enlightnement.

User Image

and of coarse it spills out onto the desk next to it. I keep out my favorite Wicca reference book out, my book of shadows, a few non traditional tarot and oracle decks, some drums, a rain stick, and a pouch of stones.

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:27 am
Everyone has very pretty altars. ^-^

Mine isn't much.. just some candles, crystals, a place for insense and a chalice and a pentagram.. I would really like to move it cause right now its on top my bookshelf..  

terranceLaina

Levana_Rose

Beloved Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:53 pm
I have a basic alter (still in the works). I have an incense burner, polished stones, candles, and a offering dish. It's still in the works, but when I'm still working on it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:35 pm
I work in the kitchen alot so I dont havr a traditional altet set up yet. A counter full of food is my place of worship. I do alot of hearth magick. I would like to have a place of worship though. I think thats my next project  

Zabora Lionheart

Tipsy Sex Symbol

9,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200

Santhara

Beloved Guildswoman

7,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:37 am
biggrin i dont have an altar right now as i am very limited on space so my altar is where ever i am at at the time. if i need to my magikal working in a pinch its my laptop table or my bed in my room. i use a small board for the placing of things so they wont spill anf fall over. i have a mini katana i will use as an athame and i have candle holders and candles, crystals and stones and fresh water clam shells used for smudging and burning coals and cone incense in.sage bundles my crystals are in a wooden box made for me by my son. all of my stones and crystals were either found or given to me by my son and friends. everything is kept in a woven basket lined with white cotton cloth bought in a safeway grocery store. all of my herbs i use have been bought in various grocery stores. i was thinking of making a coffe table into an altar table oval shaped of course and a bean bag chair to sit on. my pentacle is going to be painted onto a piece of ceramic tile i will have two one with the pentacle and the triple trinity knot. i have a offering bowl made out of clay by my son and a white goblet style planter bowl for offering as well.
i have a knife that i would like to get cleansed blessed and consecrated specifically for cutting herbs and other stuff for my magikal workings i do alot of candle magik and write my own spells as well. i am leaning towards having a dragon statue to represent the god and a unicorn for the goddess oh i also have a two piece dolphin incense burning made for burning oil based incense i do prefer using that the most.  
The Guild's Main Forum - - [religion, spirituality, paranormal, metaphysics, etc]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games