I see
A likely story... smilies/icon_stare.gif

smilies/icon_smile.gif  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:32 am
lordstar Wrote:
I see

smilies/icon_smile.gif

... smilies/icon_lol.gif .... smilies/icon_eek.gif you dont believe me?!?! smilies/icon_crying.gif ... smilies/icon_lol.gif ...

I know its a weak parable, but I really was tired, and stressed. but now, I cant think of anything better... smilies/icon_lol.gif at the time murder was the sevearest crime i could think of, probably because of what happened to my cousin.  

promised_child

lordstar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:49 pm
promised_child Wrote:
lordstar Wrote:
I see

smilies/icon_smile.gif

... smilies/icon_lol.gif .... smilies/icon_eek.gif you dont believe me?!?! smilies/icon_crying.gif ... smilies/icon_lol.gif ...

I know its a weak parable, but I really was tired, and stressed. but now, I cant think of anything better... smilies/icon_lol.gif at the time murder was the sevearest crime i could think of, probably because of what happened to my cousin.

I tend to think more along the lines of simple action reaction rather than defining what is right and what is wrong

hence my dislike for absolutes
especially theoretical man made absolutes  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:23 am
-xXLady RaiXx- Wrote:
No place like 127 0 0 1 Wrote:
well unfortunately, there is such thing as eternal hell...maybe she was thinking of purgatory? even though shes christian o.o
Purgatory is a Catholic concept and they're still Christian btw.

However if they repent and accept Jesus they can go to Heaven. I've heard that from different Christians. However they still think gays can go to hell..o.o Which makes no sense to me.

yes i know catholics are christian. I am one. Just stating that maybe this person was thinking of purgatory...a catholic belief

and i do agree with the gays going to hell part...because i havent found a passage in the bible yet about gays going to hell. It only says its very shameful to be homosexual. :/  

No place like 127 0 0 1

promised_child

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:10 am
lordstar Wrote:
promised_child Wrote:
lordstar Wrote:
I see

smilies/icon_smile.gif

I tend to think more along the lines of simple action reaction rather than defining what is right and what is wrong

I see.

It is still Absolutely wrong to take the life of a child because you dont want her to tell on you.

the laws of physics (action/reaction) are absolutes.
an object in motion will absolutely stay in motion until something stops it
etc  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:14 am
promised_child Wrote:
lordstar Wrote:
promised_child Wrote:
lordstar Wrote:
I see

smilies/icon_smile.gif

I see.

It is still Absolutely wrong to take the life of a child because you dont want her to tell on you.

etc

The laws of physics only hold true in the environment they were created in
if that makes any sense

also although I hold that all life is precious I can not say anything is universally right or wrong  

lordstar

promised_child

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:07 am
lordstar Wrote:
promised_child Wrote:
lordstar Wrote:
promised_child Wrote:
lordstar Wrote:
I see

smilies/icon_smile.gif

I see.

etc

if that makes any sense

also although I hold that all life is precious I can not say anything is universally right or wrong

would you ever kill a child, Lordstar?
if your answer is "no" like I think it would be, then that is an absolute.

there are no unforgivable sins except for grieving the Holy Spirit. I dont even know how to do that. that said, we should make an effort to not sin. it is wrong to break a law, recieve leniancy, promise not to do it again, then go out and break the same law willfully because hey you got off the first time. and since we live on earth, the laws of physics are absolutes for us...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:41 pm
promised_child Wrote:
lordstar Wrote:
promised_child Wrote:
lordstar Wrote:
promised_child Wrote:
lordstar Wrote:
I see

smilies/icon_smile.gif

I see.

etc

if that makes any sense

there are no unforgivable sins except for grieving the Holy Spirit. I dont even know how to do that. that said, we should make an effort to not sin. it is wrong to break a law, recieve leniancy, promise not to do it again, then go out and break the same law willfully because hey you got off the first time. and since we live on earth, the laws of physics are absolutes for us...

would I ever kill a child?
I don't know
I might
I would hope not but I just don't know  

lordstar

promised_child

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:05 pm
lordstar Wrote:
promised_child Wrote:
lordstar Wrote:
promised_child Wrote:
lordstar Wrote:

I see.

etc

if that makes any sense

I don't know
I might

are you saying that you dont know yourself?
personally
am I capable of murder? yes
am I capable of murdering a child? no, I wouldnt have it in me. I would kill myself first.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:52 pm
promised_child Wrote:
lordstar Wrote:
promised_child Wrote:
lordstar Wrote:
promised_child Wrote:
lordstar Wrote:

I see.

etc

if that makes any sense

I don't know
I might

personally
am I capable of murdering a child? no, I wouldnt have it in me. I would kill myself first.

I think I know myself rather well, however, I don't know if there is some sort of event that would drive me to commit such an act  

lordstar

promised_child

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:45 pm
lordstar Wrote:
promised_child Wrote:
lordstar Wrote:
promised_child Wrote:
lordstar Wrote:

if that makes any sense

I don't know
I might

personally

I think I know myself rather well, however, I don't know if there is some sort of event that would drive me to commit such an act

i miss said. i meant would you MURDER a child. a willful act, not a circumstantial situation  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:06 am
promised_child Wrote:
lordstar Wrote:
promised_child Wrote:
lordstar Wrote:
promised_child Wrote:
lordstar Wrote:

if that makes any sense

I don't know
I might

personally

i miss said. i meant would you MURDER a child. a willful act, not a circumstantial situation

we all have reasons for the things we do  

lordstar

The_Lord_is_My_Shepard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:37 am
Yes. The Word of God says that Hell was eternal.

Isaiah 33:14 "The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?"

Matthew 18:7 - 11 "Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh! Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire. And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire. Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven. For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost."

Matthew 25:32 - 46 "And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal."

That was a very serious scriptures, right there. Read what it says, "And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats." Just picture Jesus. He is separating the believers and the non-believers. That is one reason that I do not call children "kids." You know what a kid is, right? It is a baby goat.

Anyways, he said that the believers will be on the hand of God. To the left are unbelievers. "Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels."

Anyways, Hell is known as eternal fire, or everlasting fire. How long is eternity? Eternity means that it is never going to end. If Hell were to end in 100,000 years from now, there is hope. But it says that Hell is forever.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:26 pm
Maybe this is a bit far out, but I wonder a lot exactly what eternity is. I mean, time going on forever and ever doesn't sound exactly eternity-ish to me, it sounds more like time. Things changing over and over... anyways.

A thread about Hell. Just what I need to read when i'm sitting next to one of my non-Christian friends >.>

What's that line about fighting against the goad? smilies/icon_ninja.gif  

ShideKnight

Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas