Submit

Dallas Overload

Fashionable Prophet

5,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:21 pm
We all seen the remodeled shops, right? Give your opinion Here.
Nk, go ahead a delete this if you want.

My opinion is honestly, I do not like it. At all. I Dislike all the character remodels. Mainly Vanessa gonk and Moira. It is just not what they look like.
I am also not a fan of the way they practicly put every item in every shop.
Kind've unneccesary, I liked browsing the shops the way they were.

Your Turn.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:54 pm
I really don't like Ruby...She looks like a dumb blonde bimbo now... And Vanessa... I dunno, look a bit too preppy now.
I still don't get why Ian and Rufus are in tuxedo stuff.  

Nissa chan

Desirable Cat

Siarnaq
Crew

Fashionable Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:17 pm
Ummm.... all I want to know is WHY? The shops are ridiculously fugly now. I don't remember ever asking for an update, nor wanted one. WHYYYY? gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:14 pm
sdfkljsvnfj; *stabs new art*

I'm all for updating artwork, but not updating outfits. Sasha just looks stupid and whoever drew her has no knowledge of proportion regarding arms.

I can deal with the rest of the update but not the artwork.  

UPC Betsy

Dallas Overload

Fashionable Prophet

5,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:49 pm
I know right? When did we ever ask for a Shop Update? That is the last thing needed to be updated! How about Towns, Fishing, Prize Mnt, ect?
They seriously need to ask us through a forum first if the expect to satisfy the Gaians.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:28 pm
Peyo is the only decent one. Sasha looks like she's gonna die of annorexia soon...  

Xayners

O.T.L.

Lonely Codger

20,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:35 pm
jaggedbubbles
Maybe I'm just slow, but how do you sell things in the new shops?

Right now, you don't. You can only sell back items in the Inventory Organizer, apparently.

As for the changes: eh, I'll have to try to get used to the new layout, but it doesn't seem inherently bad. But I don't care for most of the new character designs.

-Ian & Rufus: well, Rufus looks okay, but Ian just isn't the tuxedo type, y'know?
-Moira: looks okay; not significantly worse than the old design, at least. (But her hair doesn't match the wig they just gave out for her...)
-Sasha: looks okay; again, not significantly worse than the old design. (I suppose the comment that she looks like she's going to die of anorexia soon might be valid, but when didn't she look like that...?) (But she no longer has the lei that they just gave out for her...)
-Edmund: looks fine.
-Liam: fine, I guess. Not a character that I ever cared for in the first place. (Although: the "Jock Strap"? At least you're still immature, Gaia.) (And Liam no longer has the tank top they just gave out for him...)
-Ruby: cripes, what happened to her? She looks positively awful now! (And, c'mon, Gaia: "Ruby's Rack"? Just who do you think you're kidding?) (And was it really necessary to tease us with the back wings in her dialogue?) (And she no longer has the bonnet they just gave out for her...) (Notice a trend here? At least the Rufus and Edmund items are still valid...)
-Peyo: looks fine. Guess they're trying to age him a bit. Whatever.
-Everyone else: no updates, huh? Guess that would be too much work?

Edit: forgot about Vanessa. Not really any better or worse than the old design, I guess. (I'm honestly not sure if the new design serves to emphasize her chest more or less than the old design. Probably more, but there's less visible now, so...)  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:48 pm
And is it just me, or did the artwork also loose some of it's old Gaia character and charm of "innocent"? I mean, Sasha with her wide open arms and her smile w/ lei and Ruby, who had her little bonnet (?) thing...and Liam with his weird choice of outfit. And the name Jock Strap? We already have a haul-over in "preppiness" with MTV and Phin Phang's little gal and now, the Jock Strap?? Come on this isn't a movement to mall crawling air heads is it? *sigh*

Moria makes me a bit sad as she was my favorite person...and Vanessa's eyes, like Ruby's, just screams this departure form older anime techniques to what seems like this "Americanization" manga style....it's too creepy and reminds me a bit like work form Sabrina the Teenage Witch or something....

And Ian....

Why? Why did you mess with Ian? I feel as if my childhood just gotten taken away from me...  

kikirin~sakyomi
Crew

Dapper Gaian

4,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Consumer 100

jaggedbubbles

Assimilated Borg

12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:58 pm
I actually have no problem with the character updates. It's obvious that a different artist did this batch than the previous one, but other than that, I don't see the big deal.

The most complaints I've read are about Ruby and Sasha. Sasha is skinny - even the old character design was - nothing really changed. Ruby, while obviously showing a lot more skin, isn't showing any more than Sasha did previously, and at least she no longer looks like a DD-cup Little Bo Peep.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:21 pm
Yeah, the art's not great but I don't think it's really any worse than the old art either. I don't really like Sasha in a T-s**t, it could at least have been a trendy T-shirt. Why does Ruby have wings? No really: why does she have wings and we don't? Rufus is the only one I 100% like, I'm not sure why Ian's in a tux. The rest I think is just about not being used to them yet.  

Nanenna

Cloewinddancer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:30 pm
I don't like the fact that we can't sell things in the shops. I can't sell things in my inventory arena since it wouldn't let me so I always went to the shops. I think Ian looks really hot in his tux and Louie looks really hot too. What was the whole point of that event anyway? The art is weird but nothing veteran Gaians can't get us too.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:04 am
You know what, I've seen the shops updated what is it 4 or 5 times now over the last few years...

And to be honest, I really have less of an issue with the character art being updated/not updated then I do the new layout...

Sure the shops are easier to navigate and have a better page load time, but I personally kinda miss having the big open feel of the old-old shop layout when the inventory actually sat on shelves... instead the actual shop pictures are getting smaller and less important...

Plus the navigation to other shops is just annoying... can I have back my traveling in the world map to find a shop? *old gripes are old*  

Mission Failure

Intergalactic Genius

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:11 am
The only problem I have with the whole thing is the changes with Ruby. She and her shop is supposed to be a homage to Gaia and it's trends over the years. Apparently, Ruby is not a bitchy whore, bitchy prositute or trying to cosplay an angel. She's supposed to be a greek Goddess. Get it? I'll see if I can find the thread.

But dammit, it looks like they tried way too hard to keep the "old gaia" within the site because they knew it was disappearing. Compared to everything else, she looks so out of place it's not even funny. It's like her character suddenly got pissed that she wasn't shown in any plotlines and said "You people are gonna notice me dammit!" She looks so much more like she's going to a cosplay convention than running a general gaian shop. She just doesn't fit, and it kills the entire thing. X_X

@Cloewinddance: You can sell your items still. Go to your inventory page, not your arranger, just the default inventory page. Click on the item, and in the screen that pops up, you'll get the usual choices (Gift item, equip item) along side "Sell in Marketplace" and "Sell item". It's inconvenient, and quite annoying, but I'm just letting you know.

@Nanenna: ninja Don'tcha know, Ian, Louie and Edmund all got drunk (Ian got stoned too 'cause he's weird like that.). During Ian's period of drunkiness, Louie and Edmund dressed him up like that as a prank. Caught Rufus up into the schtik too. And yeah, Ian was so stressed about the taxes and future bills and taxes that he's still stoned. ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:04 am
I love the new shop update. It's nice they finally reorganised the shops into their own respective categories. Yeah, it'll be weird to have no specific hat shop, but the fact that each store has its own thing will make it easier for me, personally, to find things in the future. And I can view things according to price, which is awesome.

It'll take some time getting used to the change, but it's a big step forward in terms of organisation. Ain't nothing wrong with that. And I was personally getting a little tired of seeing the characters stay the exact same for the past 6 years. It is weird since it's what I'm used to, but it's not like we had anything taken away from us.  

Architect Eyes

Shirtless Codger

10,500 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Let's Work Together, Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers