Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
NEWS THAT YOU DONT HEAR EVERY DAY!!!!!!!! POST NEWS!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ThisIsNotMyNameBruh

Magnetic Explorer

7,400 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:12 pm
Well............for all of you chaps that dont know what this topic deals with.....i'll tell you....this topic is for people to post(and read)the truth that the media is hiding from us(such as the tea parties here in U.S.,and what obama is actually doing behind our backs),if you dont know anything,be sure to do a little research in the internet,or you can listen to fox news,or AFR online......tell us your thoughts,and what you find out elsewhere...its up to you,also if you like to,post some news of what is occuring all over the world.

thank you

sincerally yours:

_TEH_METAL_  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:42 pm
im sorry for my ignorance in one matter,it actuall afa.net

here is some news sad quote)Boston 'TEA party' - the sequel
Pete Chagnon - OneNewsNow - 4/15/2009 8:15:00 AM

The town that hosted the very first tea party in American history will be hosting another as American citizens speak out against high taxes at "TEA parties" being held all across the nation today (April 15).

Outrage over taxes is what sparked the American Revolution and motivated the Sons of Liberty as they staged the first tea party more than 200 years ago when they dumped hundreds of pounds of tea into Boston Harbor in protest of a tea tax. Fast forward to the present and Boston will be hosting another "tea party" -- only this time it will occur on Boston Commons, and "TEA" stands for "Taxed Enough Already."

Stay-at-home mom Christen Varley helped to organize the Boston event. "We have 1,500 who have RSVPed positively online," she shares. "We have reached out via email last week to another 10,000."

Varley says the attendees will come from all walks of life -- Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, conservatives, etc. And all are rallying around a common cause, she says -- outrage over tax burdens.

One of the featured speakers at the Boston event will be Massachusetts Family Institute president Kris Mineau, whose will focus on taxes and how they affect the American family. However, Brian Camenker of the pro-family group MassResistance says he will not be in attendance because he claims that Varley will not allow pro-family issues to be discussed.

"[A]nd I said to her, 'But we're talking, for instance, in our situation about the hundreds of thousands of dollars, nearly a million dollars, going for homosexual programs in the public schools,'" Camenker explains. "And she said that she understands that, but that there might be people there who support those programs and support the homosexual agenda and that they didn't want to offend them."

Varley refused to comment on Camenker's remarks, except to say he was misunderstanding her. She also stated that she is not setting any guidelines for how people protest at the event.

"I feel that as a grassroots, non-professional organizer of an event, it is not within my rights whatsoever to dictate to people how they can protest, what they can say, what their signs can say," Varley says. "All that we have asked online is that people respect that we are on city property."

According to Varley, everybody has their own personal opinions and that attempts to "pigeonhole" people into political categories such as social conservative or liberal is the "old-style" politics.

Varley says the TEA party movement does not end after April 15, and that people need to start looking for quality, honest, and trustworthy people to put into government -- and to get involved in the political process.  

ThisIsNotMyNameBruh

Magnetic Explorer

7,400 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

ThisIsNotMyNameBruh

Magnetic Explorer

7,400 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:10 pm
'Gay' activists show true colors following Miss USA pageant

[Allie Martin and Jody Brown - OneNewsNow - 4/24/2009 6:00:00 AM]
A Christian activist says the controversy surrounding Miss California Carrie Prejean and her answer to a question about same-sex "marriage" is bringing out the true nature of homosexuals and their supporters.

By now, Prejean's answer to pageant judge and homosexual blogger Perez Hilton's question is famous. Prejean said during the Miss USA pageant on Sunday that she believed true marriage was for a man and woman only.

"We live in a land that you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage. And you know what, in my country and in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman," Miss California said. "No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised. I think that it should be between a man and a woman."

Homosexual activists unleashed vicious attacks against Prejean -- among them Hilton himself, who in a video rant on his website called her several vulgar names.

[Read Michelle Malkin's related column: ((Civility and tolerance in the age of Obama))]

On Monday, Hilton appeared on CNN's Larry King Live to explain why he asked the question regarding same-sex marriage, arguing that whoever is chosen to be Miss USA is expected to be politically correct -- not "divisive and alienating" to homosexuals and their supporters. Host Larry King, however, neglected to challenge the open homosexual on his vitriolic attack on the 21-year-old beauty contestant.

Peter LaBarbera, president of Americans for Truth About Homosexuality, says the media's treatment of Perez Hilton represents a double standard.

"He's taken on the TV networks -- Larry King, Norah O'Donnell on MSNBC -- and he's treated with deference, like he's some serious commentator," he points out. "Flip it on its head and let's say you have a conservative or a Christian who used ugly rhetoric to put down a homosexual, and that person would be castigated. He would not be treated seriously in the media."

LaBarbera says Prejean has been able to use the controversy as a platform to share her Christian faith.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games