Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
The modern concept of Jesus is a lie, and you know it Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xahmen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:01 pm
Find me a man who is born of Middle Eastern decent who spends his days walking in the harsh sun that is ivory white, tall, and has long straight/slightly wavy hair.

Please.

Jesus was so dark he was almost black, short, and had the most epic Jew-fro of the time, and you all know it.

Why do we accept the Euro-Jesus as our generally accepted image of the Savior?
It's stupid.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:40 am
yeah.  

Crimson Raccoon

No place like 127 0 0 1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:35 am
o.o  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:46 am
What makes a difference on if He was black or white? He is still the same one that died for us.  

The_Lord_is_My_Shepard

Austin Shipp

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:55 am
no kidding, racist *****  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:04 pm
Thistle_Whistle
What makes a difference on if He was black or white? He is still the same one that died for us.

Tyclift

4,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100

tigerflute

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:55 pm
Well, I'm pretty sure He didn't have a fro or anything, but I'm pretty sure He wasn't white(unless that's what people in the middle east used to look like which is doubtful). In reality He probably looked like a middle easterner. I don't know where the idea came from that He was white with brown hair. My best guess is that it has something to do with people of darker skin being considered inferior in the past. People probably did not want to think about how Jesus was darker skinned, and instead therefore promoted the idea that he was white. Hopefully, artists portraying Him will begin to draw Him as a middle easterner.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:51 pm
this is a stupid thread, it doesent matter what color he was, he still died for our sins. he could have been purple or green for all i care  

Austin Shipp

Ricette

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:06 pm
tigerflute
Well, I'm pretty sure He didn't have a fro or anything, but I'm pretty sure He wasn't white(unless that's what people in the middle east used to look like which is doubtful). In reality He probably looked like a middle easterner. I don't know where the idea came from that He was white with brown hair. My best guess is that it has something to do with people of darker skin being considered inferior in the past. People probably did not want to think about how Jesus was darker skinned, and instead therefore promoted the idea that he was white. Hopefully, artists portraying Him will begin to draw Him as a middle easterner.
The image we see of Christ is what was considered the ideal in the 15th century, the Rennaissance period. To them Jesus had to be an enlightened man so by their logic he was tall, white, and had the characteristic long hair and close cut beard of the Italians of the time. It was just a matter of historical perspective. Now. who cares if he was a green man from Mars, he still did what he did. Just this is a more PC age so, yeah.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:14 pm
Austin Shipp
this is a stupid thread, it doesent matter what color he was, he still died for our sins. he could have been purple or green for all i care

You are the worst troll I have ever encountered.
The point of this thread wasn't to belittle him at all, you idiot.  

Xahmen

marzipancakes

6,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:02 pm
I also think that they all HAD to have horrible acne, and horribly greasy hair.
They didn't bathe like we do now. >:[  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:11 pm
Zahwomen
Austin Shipp

you are just a weird freak that needs to go away  

Austin Shipp

Xahmen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:11 pm
Austin Shipp
Zahwomen
Austin Shipp

you are just a weird freak that needs to go away

heart heart
Talk down to me, baby.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:04 pm
Guys and girls, please stop arguing ^.^

It doesn't matter what Jesus looked like. He loves us and His appearance doesn't change His purpose and sacrifice.

Love ya'll!  

Scazarith

Austin Shipp

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:05 pm
that what i was saying untill this.....thing started in  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items