Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Final Fantasy Freaks Guild
Final Fantasy General Chat Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ayame
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:36 pm
Maybe it's because we're all back and kickin' sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:10 pm
xd  

Chibicid
Vice Captain

Chibicid
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:19 pm
Soo...Ren Stevens from Disney Channel is voicing Yuffie, Tifa is being voiced by Josie of Pussycats fame, and Mena Suvari is Aeris.

That's a big lol from my end. Ah well. I might give the English a shot, but I tend to stick with the Japanese.

I will say that I think it's pretty cool that they've kept the same voice actors for both Advent Children and Kingdom Hearts II.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:23 pm
I know, it's weird. I'll test the English dub, but I'll stick to my Japanese with subtitles if it sounds too bad.  

Ayame
Captain

Saoszuc
Crew

Original Gaian

9,100 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:29 pm
I have trouble taking any dub seriously. The best dubs that I've seen have all been Miyazaki films - Mononoke-hime and Sen to Chihiro as Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away were very well done - but aside from those, they're pretty much universally junk. I'd be t3h surprised if AC was any different.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:46 pm
As long as it's not as painful to watch as Neon Genesis Evangelion or some of the Cartoon Network Animes...I'll be happy.  

Chibicid
Vice Captain

Ayame
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:55 pm
Cowboy Bebop was a decent dub. I actually preferred that over the sub sweatdrop . Steve Blum did Spike's voice (and he did a real good job), but I never expected him to do Vincent (that just...doesn't compute in my head...) sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:20 am
WHOA...

I NEED DIRECT TV!

Haven't seen any of those for 2 years!  

Nintendork

Kaede

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:33 pm
Hmm, well while I do prefer Cowboy Bebop's dub over the sub, and while there are some other cases where the dubs aren't terrible, I seem to have found through my own experiences that subs are generally better. However, I'll give the english dub a chance, and swap if it doesn't cut it.

@Nintendork: Pfah, cable and such is over-rated - I haven't had cable or whatever for over a decade! ^__^ [singsong voice] And I don't miss it~!*[/singsong voice]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:41 pm
That's because you can always get DVDs... 3nodding  

Ayame
Captain

Kaede

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:52 pm
Myahaha! Hey, Ayame, if you're still, online, do you think I have enough time to do any cosplay work right now?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:02 pm
Wait...wha??? eek Um...yeah, you can at least get started to cutting the fabric and stuff.  

Ayame
Captain

Kaede

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:05 pm
MMkay, later then. ^_^ Cell is on and on my person.
Oh yeah, and I don't need a ride after work today, as my mom's picking me up to head off to San Diego stare stressed Anyway, she said I could get nothing done - silly her. Ja ne!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:25 am
Ayame
That's because you can always get DVDs... 3nodding
That's only if your an age where you can get a job, or if you are young enough to get an allowance.

Dang it.
stressed  

Nintendork

Nintendork

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:27 am
I just realized that the terra thing in my sig is actually Celes.

How did I miss the missing blue hair?  
The Final Fantasy Freaks Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces