Total Votes : 7

emeebee

Fashionable Nerd

6,350 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:51 pm

Is it wrong to not read/not finish a book that was assigned to you to read because it has unGodly morals and content?
I suppose that it's a pretty stupid question but I'm curious.
We're reading The Great Gatsby in my English class and all the adultery and alcohol are getting to me. I'm wondering if I should just read the SparkNotes instead of finishing the last two chapters.
Anyway.
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place or whatever but I really am curious.
Thanks for all the help!

Just Listen.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:55 pm
Erm im not really sure..I would finish it but then talk badly about it and never read it again  

xlxBeautifulTragedyxlx

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:27 pm
I've read the Great Gatsby before. It's an okay book that touches on the real issues if that time and even of this time.

It happens though. People fall in love for the wrong reasons. People who they think they love for money or whatever, and the people they thought they left behind, have begun to develop feelings for each other and realized they made a mistake. I'm not condoning it. Just saying how it is. And yes it does happen. You just don't hear about it often.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:01 pm
i have to read a book about transvestites and i refuse to read it! if the teacher gets mad, i will raise heck because me being a christian disagree with the subject and dont want anything to do with it. the book is called LUNA and idk who the authour is  

Austin Shipp

emeebee

Fashionable Nerd

6,350 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:35 pm

... Cool. You guys have helped.
Thanks oodles and poodles!

Just Listen.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:44 am
Austin Shipp
i have to read a book about transvestites and i refuse to read it! if the teacher gets mad, i will raise heck because me being a christian disagree with the subject and dont want anything to do with it. the book is called LUNA and idk who the authour is
But you will also fail the class and have to repeat it again. Do you really want to do it? Is it really worth besmirching your high school career? Do you want to go to college?  

Neferet -House of Night-

Austin Shipp

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:23 pm
no, if they do fail me i will sue the school for all they have, it is against my religion so they LEAGALLY cant make me do it  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:35 am
Austin Shipp
no, if they do fail me i will sue the school for all they have, it is against my religion so they LEAGALLY cant make me do it
That's just stupid. What ambitions do you have in the real world? What do you want to do? If you don't like what the school is doing then drop out and opt for homeschooling.  

Neferet -House of Night-

Austin Shipp

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:53 pm
you are not even listening you dumb ********, legally the school cant make me perform an action that is against my religion, thats the end of it dumbass  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:07 pm
Austin Shipp
you are not even listening you dumb ********, legally the school cant make me perform an action that is against my religion, thats the end of it dumbass
Wow. Such a nice Christian attitude. ^.^ I bet Jesus and your parents are so proud of you.  

Neferet -House of Night-

Anji-Neko-Chan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:34 am
Austin Shipp

I'm not one to judge and I don't know you personally. But you're attitude shows that you are just a Christian by title. Don't use religion as an excuse not to do your homework. And if you are half the Christian you claim to be, then perhaps you need some alone time with God and ask him to fix your attitude, because making such a foul mouth comment makes you look like a fool and REAL Christians look like hypocrites. Please grow up.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:25 pm
Austin Shipp
Oh you are adorable! Your church and everyone must be so proud of that whole and pure Christian attitude.

Earth to Shipp, quit yer bitchin. Its just a book. Its not going to shatter your faith and turn your into some monster or whatever irrational fear you have. Read it, take the test, never read it again. It really is that simple.  

Ricette

Austin Shipp

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:58 pm
******** u guys, and DONT u EVER question my faith. you guy are sittin there JUDGING me, bunch of punk-a** bitches hiding behind a keyboard

If you dont know me, dont judge me -Jesus  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:43 am
Austin Shipp

If you dont know me, dont judge me -Jesus
You're the one that was judging me. Judge not lest ye be judged, if you judge you shall be judged with that same measure. -Matthew 7:1-2  

Neferet -House of Night-

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces