Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Drunken Dwarf Tavern

Back to Guilds

Tags: Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply Roleplay (dice)
A Hero's Tale Campaign [Ch 1 started on pg 9] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:21 pm
Original Info
Player Info:
1. Starting Lvl 3, max racial Lvl adjust +1, Gestalt
2. Starting gold: 2,700
3. Starting Gear: any or all of the equipment listed below for free, plus one +1 weapon or armor.
4. Alignment: Any except Chaotic Evil, there will be enough of that with NPCs as it is, that and I don't want people "cutting the rope bridge everyone else is walking on".
5. Extra material: Flaws, alternative class features, etc will be allowed as long as you send a pm to me to explain what they are, do, and sited in case I don't know about it.
6. Book Material: I have a few books loaded onto my computer, but to be sure you can use any book from this
link.
Edit: Apparently the link that I sited has been deleted by the person who hosted the books. So basically I will accept anything from the "Complete" series, "Dragon Magic", "Draconomicon", "Exalted Deeds", "Vile Darkness", "Stormwrack", "Sandstorm", and the Core rule books.

Items:
Backpack, 1 50ft hemp rope, 4x torches, 2x chalk, bedroll, 2x belt pouch, waterskin, grappling hook, & 2 days of rations.

=====
16 Questions
1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, , 5th, 10th, etc.)? and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd)?
3.5 DnD

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
Written Adventure, homebrewed campaign setting

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
~4 players, alternates might be welcome pending interest.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
Forum thread here

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
Lvl 3 Gestalt

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
WBL [2,700gp] along with any or all of the equipment listed below for free, plus one free +1 weapon or armor.
Backpack, 1 50ft hemp rope, 4x torches, 2x chalk pieces, bedroll, 2x belt pouch, full waterskin, grappling hook, & 2 days of rations.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
Basically any published class is allowed, including none core if sited. Homebrew classes need to be run past me so that I know what to be expected. Normal gestalt rules for prestige classes, meaning only one on one side per level.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
Any below or at +1 LA allowed, and homebrewed have to be run by me.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
Can either roll 4d6 best 3 x 7 times scratch the lowest, or point buy 32. If your combined rolls equal less then 32 point buy, take the point buy unless you wish to play lower stats, no re-rolls.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
Only restriction is the Stupid/Dumb alignments where people play a alignment and argue that an action is normal for them when it doesn't fit the character at all. A Chaotic Neutral Rogue typically won't go cutting a rope bridge his party is on just to pick their corpses, nor should a Lawful Good Paladin smite first, ask questions later a pickpocket. I'm allowing all alignments because I know that despite our wishes for a 'all happy and get along' party, there are people that have differing opinions and not all sterotypes are sterotypes.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
No multi-classing penalties if you have less levels in different classes as you do in effective level. Ex: A lvl 3 gestalt character can have up to 3 different classes before taking penalties.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
I have my rolls, you have your rolls. I will make the occasional secret roll on the thread as well.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
*Just because your the PC's doesn't mean that your the only ones taking gestalt levels. You know that bar keeper? Sure he may be a Expert normally, but in mine he might have levels in fighter or something scarier.
*Anything that I allow you to use, I also allow my NPC's and effectively even BBEG's to have.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
A background would be helpful. As to length, how does that saying go? "A background should be like a mini-skirt. Short enough to keep your attention, but long enough to cover everything"? Something like that. Have it end with you all traveling on the road in some way or another.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
Roleplaying is my biggest expertise, with the hack & slash second, and puzzle solving thrown in at times in the form of mysteries or Zelda-like puzzles.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
Most if not all 3.0-3.5 books are allowed, and if you let me read over homebrew they can be allowed as well. But to be on the safe side, just site where your finding anything not core and I'll okay them or try to find them.
=====
DM Info:
1. I am most certainly no 'Master DM' and am only human, despite my best efforts to wish I was something more. If there is anything that I'm doing wrong that you notice, please alert me and I will correct myself asap.
2. As hard as it is, please try not to meta/power-game. It ruins the flow of the game, and the fun that comes with the game.
3. Also please try to post more then just a one-liner with each post, unless it is speech or OOC. I will "mis-interpret" what you type if you describe your actions with one-liners, and eventually it will kill you.
4. I think of myself as a story teller first and foremost. There will be times that there will be more descriptive text then action text. If you are a type looking for action 24/7 you might have to wait a page or two before any combat comes about.
5. This adventure is based off an old Advanced Dungeons and Dragons Side adventures book I bought and have been converting into 3.5 format. Hopefully I will not have to stop at any time for mundane things like drawing maps, since they are added inside of it. Therefore, we will hopefully not have to stop for periods at a time waiting for the Dm to get off his lazy butt to do some playing.
6. Let's get along, get to know each other, and have fun. If everything goes well, we will reach at least level 10 by the end of this game.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:21 pm
Table of Contents:
Rules-> Page 1
Table of Contents-> Page 1
Extra Info-> Page 1
Introduction-> Page 1
Links to Character Sheets-> Page 1
Chapter I: Haggash's Secret-> Page 9
Chapter II: ?->
Chapter III: ?->
Chapter IV: ?->
Chapter V: ?->
Chapter VI: ?->
Chapter VII: ?->
Chapter VIII: ?->
Chapter IX: ?->  

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:22 pm
Extra Info:
--Places--

--People--

--Misc--

-----------------------
How to use the Dice Roller:

1. Once your done typing out your post, click on the post action scroll down arrow and scroll down to "Roll Dice".

2. Once you have selected the "Roll Dice" selection the screen below your posting buttons like , , etc will glitch. {Or at least it does for me...}

3. Don't fear! Go down to the "Preview" button and click on it.

4. Afterwards you should get the message....
-------------------------------------------------------------------
There were one or more errors processing your request:

* was not one of the valid choices.
* is not a number. Numbers must contain 0-9, a decimal(.), or a negative(-)
* is less than 1 (minimum).
-------------------------------------------------------------------
...along with the "Select Dice" scroll down menu, and the "Number of Dice" text box.

5. If so, fill in the required info {example: 20-sided die, 2} and hit the "Submit" button.

6. If all goes well you should get a post with a amount of rolled dice.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:24 pm
Introduction:

Long ago, a great priestess of a power representing absolute order forged an orb of silver. It is said that the orb was made from a star that was losing its light, pulled from the heavens to do good on Earth instead. She placed within it the dust of fallen saints and powerful creatures of law. This holy item's function was to help maintain the order of the universe, or at least the world around her. The forces of chaos, she reasoned, were always looking to upset the balance. The creation of the waning star was a proactive measure in defense of the orderly workings of all things.

It operated well for untold years. Even as it passed out of the hands of priest and priestesses that guarded it, even as it spent time buried in dragon hoards and lost within subterranean vaults, even as it passed into the hands of those who had no idea what its powers were, it still helped maintain order in the world.

Over the years, it gained the attention of a foul wizard named Whathlin Dyr, a master of chaos magic. It foiled his attempts at unleashing chaos upon the world time after time again. Therefore, though he knew not where the device lay, he cast a spell upon it to tear it away from the world-wherever it was- and bring it to a hidden cache in an extra dimensional fortress of his own creation called the Abados. With the waning star removed fro the world, the forces of chaos that he had been summoning could seep into the universe.

He had not counted on the actions of a priest named Durham, however, who placed the orb within the foundations of a new church and conecrated it. This blessing protected the waning star from Dyr's magic. Dejected and defeated, the evil wizard possibly died a few years later.

His spell is believed to still be in effect, however, so that when the waning star is removed from the foundation of the church, it could be instantly teleported to the Abados and chaos will slowly at first begin to creep into the world. Your mission, as members of a ancient order called the "Twilight Star", is to adventure to the site of were the waning star was said to be last placed, and make sure that it hasn't been moved. Your first step on this adventure is a place called Haggash, a small hamlet located near a river, where farmers and silver miners make a living.

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:26 pm
Characters Joined:
---------------------
*MT the Clown: Teslaokin "Tessa" Amphatera [Human Sorcerer//Rogue]
*Iomma Sensei: Lady Saara [Dwarf Knight//Crusader]
*Cowpies77: Kuroto [Goliath Cleric//Fighter]
*Jacior: Crokish [Blackscale Lizardfolk Wyrmfire Disciple//Binder]
*ChronoWarrior: Kameron [Warblade//Crusader]  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:27 pm
~List of allowed material~

-Homebrewed-

*Vow of Poverty fix
*Various Monster Classes
*Ebon Initiate- Invocation based Necromancer
*Warlock fix
*Swashbuckler fix
*Wyrmfire Disciple- Combining Dragon Shaman & Dragonfire Adept [my own homebrewed class in need of testing]
-ToB Crusader
-ToM Binder
-Races of Stone Material  

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:28 pm
~Reserved for future use~  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:29 pm
~Reserved for future use~  

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

GS Sailor Saturn
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:55 pm
3rd level gestalt? Interesting...I think I'll be applying for this one, once I get a character together.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:13 pm
Yeah, truthfully this is my first gestalt campaign, and the game is a low level start. So I figured I would give it a try... rolleyes  

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Bigfoot9000

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:26 pm
Yurro, link GS Sailor over to this campaign thread in my guild so she can use all those tips you posted for us.

Shes probably a hell of a lot more active then Durza's invisible buddy who he keeps posting for...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:16 pm
Actually I already knew about the tips posted, having tried to join a gestalt campaign previously. Thanks anyway, though. ^^

I will work on my character soon. As soon as I can actually think of an idea. X.x

GS Sailor Saturn
Crew

DarkHayama
Crew

Unforgiving Millionaire

15,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:53 pm
Well, I have to bring out the book with Gestalt characters to see what they are and all, but I may be interested too.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:54 pm
Gestalt is in the Unearthed Arcana...Hm, I have some time on my hands <.<  

Iomma Sensei
Crew

Dangerous Genius

3,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

MT the Clown
Captain

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:11 pm
Time to do it right!

Hmmmm... Fire mage, ice mage, electric mage, or earth mage.... so many choices.... so little time.....  
Roleplay (dice)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff