Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Paranormal Research Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those seeking the truth and those who want to help find the answers. 

Tags: Paranormal, Ghosts, haunting, haunted, research 

Reply The Official Paranormal Research Guild
Mothman mystery solved

Quick Reply

Submit

Is mothman a female?
  Damnit that b***h had me fooled
  Harpie is the only logical option.
  I'd say it was a man not women.
View Results

DarkKingJaden
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:32 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. click to show.

You may be asking what a Yugioh card may have to do with the elusive mothman mystery but bare with me I will get round to that in a second.

First of all the title I gave this thread may be misleading It's not actually solved as such but this theory is rather solid seeing as no one as tried proving or debunking it.

For years now many have tried to solve the mystery or moth man I pose to you the question what if mothman is not infact but a female more so a harpie, thats why I posted a yugioh card.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:38 pm
If I remember my research on harpy. Then they could be either ugly or beautiful depending on the legend but it does seem reasonably debunkable.  

sorrowscall
Captain

DarkKingJaden
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:47 pm
Haprie's were often beautiful unles in they're demonic form mostly human form was beautiful and they rarley revealed there true form with out the help of a herb.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:31 am
My belief is the Mothman of Virginia is in fact an icarus, a winged demon. It could also be unanimous with the Jersey Devil and such other demons. I remember watching a program called Paranormal State (which deals with the Penn State University Paranormal Research Society and yes, I know it's not really reputable, but neither is any source unless you've experienced it right?) that dealt with the Mothman. According to legend, the Mothman is a result of a curse laid upon the white settlers in the area after one of their own was incarcerated and executed for next to no reason. It doesn't help matters that the surrounding woods where the Mothman legend originated was a sacred burial ground and was disturbed for gov't explosives testing. So we can see that if I were a demonic spirit hellbent for avenging my brethren, I'd do exactly what the Mothman is doing.  

JenovaCelestia

Windrift

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:28 pm
I remember seeing something like this a while ago..In May of 2005. Don't know how credible it is seeing how long ago this was and I was the only witness I know of, but we had this big pine tree in our backyard and the top there was some large bird-like thing shaking up the branches up. At first I though it might've been some crows, or a cat or something. But we don't have any birds or cats here that could shake up the branches that much. It was of a very dark colour so I couldn't see much detail, but it looked almost like, well, a small griffon.

Kinda like this.

It wasn't making any noise, just moving. A lot. I must've watched the thing in awe for about..20 minutes before going to get my aunt to come and look at it too, but it took her a while for me to convince her to come outside (it was abnormally cold that day) and when I came back out again there was a big mess of broken branches, but the thing was gone. =|

Anyone wanna guess at what the Hell I might've seen? .-.

The Official Paranormal Research Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games