Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: The Way of the Ninja

Back to Guilds

A Naruto role-playing guild using the d20 system, for semi-lit and above RPers. 

Tags: Naruto, roleplay, d20 system, semi-literate, literate 

Reply The Way of the Ninja [Naruto RolePlaying Guild]
Questions and Suggestions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kouri-chan_xx
Vice Captain

Noob

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:33 am
Qyp
Okay okay...

Something annoys me...

Attack Turns vs Dice Rolls... is there a difference? Are they the same thing? If so... why does some techniques got Dice Rolls, and some Attack Turns?

Also, shouldn't "Turns" be posts, since that is 1 turn, and then you have to wait until your enemy has attacked, to take another turn?

attack turn = dice roll =/= turn

turn = round but I try not to use the term turn lol

there is no difference, i just chose the term dice rolls to hopefully make it a bit simpler sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:09 pm
kouri-chan_xx
Qyp
Okay okay...

Something annoys me...

Attack Turns vs Dice Rolls... is there a difference? Are they the same thing? If so... why does some techniques got Dice Rolls, and some Attack Turns?

Also, shouldn't "Turns" be posts, since that is 1 turn, and then you have to wait until your enemy has attacked, to take another turn?

attack turn = dice roll =/= turn

turn = round but I try not to use the term turn lol

there is no difference, i just chose the term dice rolls to hopefully make it a bit simpler sweatdrop

It is simpler.  

Qyp
Crew

Manly Lunatic

Diamond_Angelo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:47 pm
Can I be the kage assistant of the iwakage since there isn't one?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:51 am
Diamond_Angelo
Can I be the kage assistant of the iwakage since there isn't one?

A bit late, but Iwa isn't currently open for RPing... we currently quite inactive...

Kiri and possibly Konoha are the current villages. But all new people start out as students first, to learn the d20 system.  

Qyp
Crew

Manly Lunatic

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:45 pm
I left the guild and came back. A C rank jutsu that my character knew no longer exist. May I replace it with another C rank jutsu that I qualify for.

Scent of Blood no longer exist, it is now simply an awareness bonus for every clan member.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:17 pm
PupSage
I left the guild and came back. A C rank jutsu that my character knew no longer exist. May I replace it with another C rank jutsu that I qualify for.

Scent of Blood no longer exist, it is now simply an awareness bonus for every clan member.

Oh that.

Uh... well, if Hiru didn't get to do it, then do you?  

Qyp
Crew

Manly Lunatic

Hoshigaki Hiru
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:52 pm
Qyp
PupSage

Oh that.

Actually it does seem fair to replace it... I guess the three of us who have done the training for it could trade it in for an equivalent jutsu.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:19 pm
Hoshigaki Hiru
Qyp
PupSage

Oh that.

Actually it does seem fair to replace it... I guess the three of us who have done the training for it could trade it in for an equivalent jutsu.

I do not remember doing the training to be honest XD

I could look, but... Meh, I am okay with losing out, still in the beginner stage really, so it doesn't matter too much for me.

Well, matching stats is more important then what rank it is. And matching I mean... close as can be.  

Qyp
Crew

Manly Lunatic

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:59 am
Qyp

Hoshigaki Hiru

So those of us that did training for the scent of blood technique can trade it out for one C rank or lower technique that we meet the prerequisites for?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:06 pm
PupSage
Qyp

Hoshigaki Hiru

So those of us that did training for the scent of blood technique can trade it out for one C rank or lower technique that we meet the prerequisites for?

Yeah, I guess, if Hiru does it also.  

Qyp
Crew

Manly Lunatic

Hoshigaki Hiru
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:23 pm
Yeah think we should, would suck to have done the training for nothing.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:26 pm
Hoshigaki Hiru
Yeah think we should, would suck to have done the training for nothing.

Except for EXP... and if you didn't get any skill points from it, maybe just add +1 from the training to those skill points instead?

But I am sure you do, don't you?  

Qyp
Crew

Manly Lunatic

Lord_Titus2012

Dedicated Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:28 pm
Can I Keigoku still be played? Considering it's one of the clans up for adoption?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:50 pm
kouri-chan_xx

Qyp

PupSage

Gideon Commando

Dimi Deiod

Kosmic Khaos

Cleric Saphire

YourLittleNarrator

Lord_Titus2012

Hiro Knight Kansei

Naomi Tenkou

Dai the fang

Okay guys, I'm pretty sure it's hail mary time.

I know I've just been back after weeks of absence, and I'm sorry about that (RL issues), but seeing the current state of the guild I think that if we want to pull the guild away from the impending doom towards which it seems to be heading, we'll need to do something really big, really fast. The best thing I can see right now to start would be consolidating the members we have, regulars as well as occasionals, putting everyone in Konoha, and then start going around making publicity for the guild.

Usually, people who look for Naruto guilds don't have as a first reflex to look at the secondary villages, and they all want to make more cannon clan characters. So, with our Konoha basically empty, I'm pretty sure it hurts us heavily by driving people away from our guild, which is basically the best one out there for Naruto RP.

So, my suggestion right now, since I think our BETA in Iwa is going pretty well, and since I would like for people to actually be there to play it, would be to officially implement that core beta system in Konoha and have everyone start working there. I know it is still far from perfect at the moment, but the fact it is a bit more self sustaining would decentralize the responsibility for plot, teaching etc. from the few people in charge of it now and prevent things from going completely mauribond as soon as something from their real lives pops up.

Since I know people have various characters in other villages and might not be too happy at the idea of starting over again from scratch (yours truly being one of them), my suggestion is to either transfer them over or make alternate reality copies of them that have always been in Konoha and have them continue together there. This way people won't feel the need to spread their time on two characters in two villages, something very time consuming and which reduces activity, we won't discourage people who'd have to start over from scratch when they maybe have characters they like elsewhere and, more importantly, already having colourful characters with detailed backstories being active will make it more appealing to new members by giving them something to aspire to.

The only problem right now is that many clans aren't completely ready; so we'll need to quickly finalize the big clans if they haven't been made or aren't completely updated to the system (Nara, Akimichi, Hyuuga, Uchiha, Yamanaka, Aburame, Inuzuka, etc.) If there need to be updates, I say we drop the formalities and ask individuals to update clans and make them as balanced as possible. If there are issues, we can work on them later to rebalance. I know there are a couple of people that are very good with D&D and the system that could get the work done quickly if we skip the long process for approval temporarily.

If you guys are down, I can quickly plagiarize basic areas from Iwa into Konoha and I might ask some of you guys to help me out with specific parts. This way, as soon as we have something ready, we'll get things going for let's say a week or two and then I'll start making publicity with my banner around Naruto and Manga forums.

What do you guys think?  

Hoshigaki Hiru
Crew

Cleric Saphire
Crew

Blessed Cleric

18,925 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Battle: Cleric 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:15 pm
Hoshigaki Hiru

Dear Hiru, thank you for hopping up to rebuild this guild. I'll come back in about a week but yes that does seem like the smart way to do things. PM me if you need anything.

-Saph  
The Way of the Ninja [Naruto RolePlaying Guild]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces