Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: The Way of the Ninja

Back to Guilds

A Naruto role-playing guild using the d20 system, for semi-lit and above RPers. 

Tags: Naruto, roleplay, d20 system, semi-literate, literate 

Reply The Way of the Ninja [Naruto RolePlaying Guild]
Questions and Suggestions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cheerios18

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:09 pm
We need to add disquises into the system somewhere.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:28 am
The craft skill is used to make disguises.  

Over Yandere
Crew

Obsessive Lover

9,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

kouri-chan_xx
Vice Captain

Noob

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:37 am
hedpefan
This is a question and suggestion really.

Kekkai Hojin (Barrier Encampment Method)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. click to show.
An array of four explosive tags are jointly placed around the boundary of an area. If anyone or anything happens to walk through the boundary, the seals will instantly activate and explode, killing the imprisoned target.
Cp cost: N/A
Dice Rolls: 1 Roll
Damage: 10 - 20 per tag, all four means 40 - 80 damage.
Reflex DC: 12 + chk mod + 2 per 10 ranks in Ninjutsu. -2 per detected bomb tag.
Requirements: Craft 2
Training: 1 stage.
Stage I: Craft DC 12 Figure out and learn the best way to position the four bomb tags for maximum effectiveness.
Special: This technique requires 4 (nonconsecutive) turns to set up. You must hide each tag with a Stealth roll vs. your opponent's Awareness roll.

Okay so this jutsu that I have just put up is a C rank justsu. As is, it is more like a E rank jutsu. It requires almost nothing close to what a C rank jutsu requires so, here is my question/suggestion. First, Is it like this for a reason that I don't know about? Second, if it isn't then perhaps we should either make it a E rank for boost up the requirements and Stages. Thanks.

Easy answer.... Because in the guide book it's C Rank XD

More applied answer... Well, it is quite lethal so they probably wanted to make sure that not every academy student could learn it and cause mass murder in the village grounds.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:58 pm
Out of curiosity, what form of forgiveness does your guild give to new members and their profiles. In the sense of they put points into stats and skills that they later regret or learn could've been put otherwise. Would they be allowed a refund and under what circumstances? Because currently I've been reading more deeply into the rules and have come to the understanding that what I was intending to do could've been done better in a different way and would like to shift the points I put into my passives when I first made my profile.  

ssAntonio

Gideon Commando
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:03 pm
ssAntonio
Out of curiosity, what form of forgiveness does your guild give to new members and their profiles. In the sense of they put points into stats and skills that they later regret or learn could've been put otherwise. Would they be allowed a refund and under what circumstances? Because currently I've been reading more deeply into the rules and have come to the understanding that what I was intending to do could've been done better in a different way and would like to shift the points I put into my passives when I first made my profile.

PM your Kage, it's usually up to them. In Kiri I usually allow redos if the person is unhappy with how thier character turned out, or if there has been some system change.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:04 pm
Gideon Commando
ssAntonio

PM your Kage, it's usually up to them. In Kiri I usually allow redos if the person is unhappy with how thier character turned out, or if there has been some system change.

Thanks  

ssAntonio

AdiMadhouse

Foe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:45 am
sooo not sure if this idea has been suggested but....what about a class system?last guild i was in had one. i think its a good idea. they had classes like ninjutsu class, genjutsu class, weapon master class, assassin class etc. and it gave bonuses and whatnot (of course). i was just thinking it could add a whole new level of character creation.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:40 pm
AdiMonster
sooo not sure if this idea has been suggested but....what about a class system?last guild i was in had one. i think its a good idea. they had classes like ninjutsu class, genjutsu class, weapon master class, assassin class etc. and it gave bonuses and whatnot (of course). i was just thinking it could add a whole new level of character creation.

Were they given bonuses for choosing to be that class... or did they have to work really hard for those bonuses? Because that is what we do... we make people work for everything.  

Qyp
Crew

Manly Lunatic

hedpefan

4,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:01 pm
Qyp
AdiMonster

Were they given bonuses for choosing to be that class... or did they have to work really hard for those bonuses? Because that is what we do... we make people work for everything.

That's true. We have to work hard to get something. So we could possibly implement a system that when you turn level 10 or something you can pick. I personally don't want a system like that but, if it was in the guild I wouldn't mind that much. However if it was in the guild I would say that you have to reach a certain rank/level, then you can pick one. When you pick said class you would also have to reach certain requirements. Whether it be Genjutsu 35 or something.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:27 am
Qyp
AdiMonster

yea ya got bonuses but they had their downside too. it was like having a blood line, only it wasnt a bloodline.  

AdiMadhouse

Foe

KytanaTheThief

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:40 am
Realized I should have posted my last question here as well, I'd actually intended to just say hi before that had popped in my head.

I don't think I'll have anymore questions after this; will prob just go straight to pm'ing kage's after this.

Do any of the villages need higher-than-academy-student ranks? I'm not asking because I'm looking to jump straight to a higher level character or anything, I'm honestly just asking if there's a misbalance that anyone wants corrected, a gap that needs filled, etc. I have no problem playing higher-ranked chars, or playing multiple chars of different ranks, I just like doing what's most useful/best for everyone involved. ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:45 pm
KytanaTheThief
Realized I should have posted my last question here as well, I'd actually intended to just say hi before that had popped in my head.

I don't think I'll have anymore questions after this; will prob just go straight to pm'ing kage's after this.

Do any of the villages need higher-than-academy-student ranks? I'm not asking because I'm looking to jump straight to a higher level character or anything, I'm honestly just asking if there's a misbalance that anyone wants corrected, a gap that needs filled, etc. I have no problem playing higher-ranked chars, or playing multiple chars of different ranks, I just like doing what's most useful/best for everyone involved. ^^

I don't know what the others think but, I think you should just do what you want. Just join the village that you want and make the character you want. I'm saying this mainly because everybody wants to have the best time possible here. Also, I don't really think there's a misbalance but, I may be wrong on that. So, just have fun and join the village you want.  

hedpefan

4,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Qyp
Crew

Manly Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:40 pm
KytanaTheThief

Newbies have to have a character that goes from Level 1 to Level 5 + complete the Academy in any village before they can make higher ranked characters...

There can be exceptions possibly...  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:19 pm
Qyp

Newbies have to have a character that goes from Level 1 to Level 5 + complete the Academy in any village before they can make higher ranked characters...

There can be exceptions possibly...

Ah, thank you. All the instructions/guides just say to pm a kage if you want to make a higher level char, that general prereq isn't stated.

I've actually got everything done on a char, just been putting off the background. Have it all in my head, just need to get it written down XD  

KytanaTheThief

Qyp
Crew

Manly Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:17 am
Okay okay...

Something annoys me...

Attack Turns vs Dice Rolls... is there a difference? Are they the same thing? If so... why does some techniques got Dice Rolls, and some Attack Turns?

Also, shouldn't "Turns" be posts, since that is 1 turn, and then you have to wait until your enemy has attacked, to take another turn?  
The Way of the Ninja [Naruto RolePlaying Guild]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff