Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: The Way of the Ninja

Back to Guilds

A Naruto role-playing guild using the d20 system, for semi-lit and above RPers. 

Tags: Naruto, roleplay, d20 system, semi-literate, literate 

Reply The Way of the Ninja [Naruto RolePlaying Guild]
Questions and Suggestions Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 62 63 64 65 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kouri-chan_xx
Vice Captain

Noob

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:55 pm
Everyone's bound to have a question some time or another. And everyone will definitely have a few suggestions on how to make this guild better. Here you can get your questions answered and give us some feedback on the guild [Proto: and here, the Crew doesn't have to fret about pm space].

I.e. New pictures for locations, new locations, the organizing of threads and sub-forums, new plot-lines you want to see in the future...or perhaps something in the game system strikes you as odd, and you want to clarify it.

Or simply that you don't really understand the system even after reading it. There is no such thing as a dumb question in the pursuit of truth *lame anime pose*. We don't bite!

F.A.Q.
Q: What the hell is d20?
A: A d20 is a dice with twenty sides, hence the name. A d6 will have 6 sides and a d100 will have 100 sides, etc. But we never use d100s.

Q: How do I roll d20s?
A: Simple. Go to Post Action>Roll Dice. Select the dice you want [in this case 20 sided] and put the number of dice you want to roll [usually 1].

Q: Random numbers?
A: If an opponent cannot dodge your jutsu you will have to determine damage. The jutsu list will have the damage of the jutsu [say basic taijutsu which is 1 - 7]. To determine damage you go to Post Action>Random Number and put in, in this case, 1 in the lowest and 7 in the highest.

Q: Tell me about mods. [modifiers]
A: Mods are important in the Battle System since they affect a lot of things like Skills etc. To determine mods, you get your stat, take 10 away from it and divide the result by two, rounding down.
For example let's say your Intelligence is 25 and you want to determine the mod so you can see how many Skill Points you can get.
25 - 10 = 15
15/2 = 7.5
7.5 round down = 7
So your mod would be +7.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:21 pm
Does your ninja start off as an academy student? If so, about what age?  

Shukaaku

kouri-chan_xx
Vice Captain

Noob

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:28 pm
Usually they do although there are exceptions (second characters, if you've proven that you know the system, the Kage allows you etc.)

You can choose whatever age you want ^^ Just make it reasonable... Don't make your student 17 unless you really want to incorporate his age into the story. (for example he could have started late because of no money or because his parents wouldn't let him etc.)

For a general guideline I would say 8-12

But 12 may be pushing it a little since Naruto graduated at 12 right? So maybe 10 or 11.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:18 am
Ok, I'm just curious how many pluses can you give a custom Clan before you have to make some negatives? Like an example would be *thinks of some random bonuses*:

MHP x1.5
Genjutsu +2 per 5 levels
Concentration +2 per 5 levels
Chakra Control +2 per 10 levels

Would that need something like -4 Strength to balance it out or would it need more then just that?  

Kazuma Ryuuzaki

Distinct Conversationalist

onixdragon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:39 am
as long as its balanced i don't think it matters. but then again i guess we don't need another op clan like Uchiha or Hyuga. id have to check with Kouri-sama on this one.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:42 pm
Hmm, well, my last question was kinda answered, new one. Puppet Users... do they have to be in Sand or can they be in another Village?  

Kazuma Ryuuzaki

ProtoXtreme
Vice Captain

Obsessive Gaian

9,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:28 pm
In any village your heart desires. surprised It is six centuries after canon.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:13 pm
Is it a problem if I can't roll dice or use the random number generator? ^^'

I mean, I could ask someone else to do it for me, can't I? o.o  

Kazuma Ryuuzaki

ProtoXtreme
Vice Captain

Obsessive Gaian

9,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:18 pm
You could. =_=''

We made an announcement like eons ago, but the announcement thread gets cleaned on occasion. So yes...

-> click dice roll or number generator under post action
-> ugly defective sheet appears
-> click submit (doesn't matter or not if you have already typed up the post content itself...you could do it afterwards)
-> error shows up, and says you didn't specify numbers
-> now you see the real dice roll/number generation sheet, put in the numbers (and if you still haven't typed up your post itself, do that too)
-> and voila!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:39 pm
o.o It works! xD

Anyways, new question! Dx Is there a specific DC to throw/successes if you just like read a book for an ability point in Intelligence?

Intelligence [Int]

Or read a book. <-- >.> idk what to make of that direction... o.o

Also, Hoshigaki's... >.> who do I ask to be one? O.o  

Kazuma Ryuuzaki

kouri-chan_xx
Vice Captain

Noob

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:10 pm
Yes, there is a DC. Ummm... check the Kirigakure Library for information <___< I'm not sure if the training info is still there though considering the library was smashed into rubble.

1 book [Easy Leveled] = 10 posts of 10DC = +2 skill to specific area of Knowledge

[To get 10DC = Knowledge Skill+Int [mod]]

For every 2 easy leveled books you get +1 Int

Xp per book= 10
--------------------

1 Book [Medium Leveled] = 10 posts of 20DC = +4 Skill To Specific Area
of Knowledge

[To get 20DC= Knowledge Skill+Int [mod]]

For ever 1 Medium Leveled Books you get +1 Int

Xp per book= 20
------------------

1 Book [Hard Leveled] = 15 Posts of 35DC = +8 Skill To Specific Area of Knowledge

[To get 35DC= Knowledge Skill+Int [mod]]

For Every 1 Hard Leveled book you get +2 Int

Xp per book= 35
------------------------------

Research: (Int)
Use this skill to learn information from books, or other standard sources. Research allows you to navigate a liberty, an office filing system, a newspaper morgue, and other similar things. It doest�t include talking to people and asking questions; that�s handled by Gather Information.

Type of Information/DC
General/10: Major corporations with offices in villages. The address of a suspect.
Specific/15: The meaning of an obscure arcane symbol. Court testimony from a trial.
*Restricted/20: The specific military units assigned to a covert operation.
*Protected/25: The information and secrets of a dead ninja. The identity of a government informer.

*= You need a source before you can get any of these information�s, and the source have to be reliable.

Doing the research skill 10 times with the DC of either 10/15 will give you

+2 Research Skill [+3 For 15]
+10 Xp [20 Xp for 15]

[Research Skill+Int Mod+Dice=15DC]

That's the basic stuff. Like I said though you need to post it in the exp thread to get your experience, don't add it to your own profile yourself!

PM Hoshigaki Hiru to be a Hoshigaki =D Hoshigakis are Kirigakure only, though. Sure you want two characters in the same place? Two students?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:06 am
Haha i feel bad, but i'm a crew with a question.

You can only MAKE one legendary weapon in your life time do to the strain put on you, however can you WIELD more then one in a life time?

It would make sense to me that if you acquired a legendary weapon it would be bound to you, and you would, well make it a legend which takes a life time. But i was wondering if it's possible to come across multiple legendary weapons in one lifetime, or is it when you get a weapon you're sealed to it for good?  

Zineal

ProtoXtreme
Vice Captain

Obsessive Gaian

9,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:20 pm
Nope. It states clearly 'one God's Legacy per person'. Kind of like a summoning contract that imprints, as those weapons have a 'conscience'. So...unless that connection is somehow ended...and since God's Legacy can't be destroyed...that'll only mean if the wielder was killed. Then only would that weapon be open again to 'searching for a new master'.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:29 pm
Haha cool thanks a ton! Good thing i found that out before i created Shadow's god weapon. He's already promised to one once he reaches a later level, it would have sucked to miss out on it because i wanted one now haha  

Zineal

Kuusho Rei

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:13 pm
umm well this is going to sound newbish of me. but where do i find the wild animal stats? jonin level perferibly.  
The Way of the Ninja [Naruto RolePlaying Guild]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 62 63 64 65 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff