*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Proof the Bible is Right? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is this proof that the bible has always been right?
  Yes, absolutely!
  Yes, but I'm not too sure about the rest.
  No, I have a better explanation.
  No, it's always been wrong.
View Results

Aquiella

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:48 pm
"Hast thou entered into the springs of the sea? or hast thou walked in the search of the depth?" Job 38:16

The bible has contained this passage for hundreds of years. That's hundreds of years BEFORE mankind discovered that there WERE underwater springs at the bottom of the ocean.

"Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail?" Job 38:22

That was also in there for a very long time. Long before mankind discovered that, under a microscope, snowflakes look like gorgeous crystals. Like the kind found in a treasure room.

Anyone care to comment? I'd like to see your thoughts.
----------
Score so far:

Atheism - 0
Christianity - 2  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:21 pm
I dunno... if your going to try to prove it, you should use verses that are used by non believers to dispute the bible. Those two clearly line up.

It's seemed real enough to me, though. I've read most of the old testament and some of the new. But who knows how deep the meaning goes... sometimes I wonder if we're missing a lot of the meaning.  

ShideKnight

Aquiella

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:58 am
Why should I use the same ammo that non-believers use? The only reason they don't use these is because they can't explain-away the obvious truth of the verses.

Besides, they use the same verses over and over. Why should I? blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:26 pm
Okay, some good points smile

I am thinking that the best way to stop an argument would be to remove their ability to argue in the first place.

But actually I am not sure how effective it would be.  

ShideKnight

Aquiella

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:47 pm
Nah. Winning an argument, not what I'm trying to do btw, is more like a trial. The trick is getting more truths on your side than the other guy.

In this case, I would need to get more bible verses and bullet-points proved correct than they would have.

Current Score:

Atheism - 0
Christianity - 2

^w^ that's going on the first post!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:55 pm
Aquiella
"Hast thou entered into the springs of the sea? or hast thou walked in the search of the depth?" Job 38:16

The bible has contained this passage for hundreds of years. That's hundreds of years BEFORE mankind discovered that there WERE underwater springs at the bottom of the ocean.

"Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail?" Job 38:22

That was also in there for a very long time. Long before mankind discovered that, under a microscope, snowflakes look like gorgeous crystals. Like the kind found in a treasure room.

----------
Score so far:

Atheism - 0
Christianity - 2

We knew about Atlantis possibly existing before Christianity. Thank you Plato.

Greeks-3
Christianity-0 razz  

Neferet -House of Night-

ShideKnight

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:32 pm
Dark Angel Rai
Aquiella

----------
Score so far:

Atheism - 0
Christianity - 2

Greeks-3
Christianity-0 razz

blaugh Funny!

Aquiella
Nah. Winning an argument, not what I'm trying to do btw, is more like a trial. The trick is getting more truths on your side than the other guy.

In this case, I would need to get more bible verses and bullet-points proved correct than they would have.

Current Score:

Atheism - 0
Christianity - 2

Though, some if not most of those bullet points are kind of inconsequential to the problems that people have with the Christian faith. That's why those same scriptures are used over and over, I think. Because they're seen as 'weak points'.

By the way, have you read the Case for Christ by Lee Strobel? I loved that book... it was interesting.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:41 pm
ShideKnight
Dark Angel Rai
Aquiella

----------
Score so far:

Atheism - 0
Christianity - 2

Greeks-3
Christianity-0 razz

blaugh Funny!

Aquiella

Current Score:

Atheism - 0
Christianity - 2

Though, some if not most of those bullet points are kind of inconsequential to the problems that people have with the Christian faith. That's why those same scriptures are used over and over, I think. Because they're seen as 'weak points'.

By the way, have you read the Case for Christ by Lee Strobel? I loved that book... it was interesting.
I say possibly because we really don't know where the ruins are exactly. But there are other ruins like from Cleopatra's temple..err palace..thingy that are underwater from the water rising and etc.  

Neferet -House of Night-

Three Mile Sprint

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:53 pm
While it is an interesting point on a fact that is hard to explain, we must remember the Bible says the earth is also 6000 years old....and well, we know that's not right  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:45 pm
Dark Angel Rai
ShideKnight
Dark Angel Rai
Aquiella

----------
Score so far:

Atheism - 0
Christianity - 2

Greeks-3
Christianity-0 razz

blaugh Funny!

Aquiella

Current Score:

Atheism - 0
Christianity - 2

I say possibly because we really don't know where the ruins are exactly. But there are other ruins like from Cleopatra's temple..err palace..thingy that are underwater from the water rising and etc.

I know, it's just the way you posted was amusing.  

ShideKnight

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:08 am
Syrokal
While it is an interesting point on a fact that is hard to explain, we must remember the Bible says the earth is also 6000 years old....and well, we know that's not right
It doesn't exactly say 6000 years but people assume that the world is 6000 years old because that's when the Bible was written...so they think that because God created the Bible that's when he created the world..  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:25 am
Aquiella

To be honest, this doesn't prove anything. It is and always was reasonable to assume that, as lakes are fed by springs of water, therefore the seas are too. It does not prove any special revelatory knowledge on behalf of the author of Job.

Quote:

Yes...the hail which looks sparkly could be kept in a giant storehouse in the sky before coming to earth...if anything that shows a lack of scientific knowledge.

There's a reason no one uses those verses as a proof of the bible's specialness.  

Sybil Unrest

Three Mile Sprint

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:02 am
Dark Angel Rai
Syrokal
It doesn't exactly say 6000 years but people assume that the world is 6000 years old because that's when the Bible was written...so they think that because God created the Bible that's when he created the world..

Actually you get 6000 years from going back Chronologically through the Blood Lines of the jewish nations, the flood and all that. The Torah itself is just over 3100 years old, which is when Jewdaism first popped up Proveably.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:52 pm
Have you ever heard of the Massorah? It's the ultimate proof that the bible is true. It has been used for in translation for the Old Testament in Protestant Bibles as well as Catholic Bibles in recent decades (that's why it's in the Catholic encyclopedia). Don't be deceived by that though. Protestant and Catholic belief have nothing to do with that. Here's the wiki article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masoretic_text  

Break Sage

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:50 am
Syrokal
Dark Angel Rai
Syrokal

Actually you get 6000 years from going back Chronologically through the Blood Lines of the jewish nations, the flood and all that. The Torah itself is just over 3100 years old, which is when Jewdaism first popped up Proveably.
oh. And it's Judaism. And I thought Judaism was just a little older maybe 5,000 years old seeing as how Christianity is only 2,000 years old.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff