Saoszuc
Crew

Original Gaian

9,100 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:48 pm
Semi-random suggestion: Alter the guild frontpage.

Specifically, it's a wordy fathermocker; that's fine in itself, but if it's gonna be wordy, it may need a smaller image. sweatdrop

Also, aside from question 10 (and possibly 6, as that's basically an opinion question), the entire test is capable of being defeated with one fell swoop of Google's axe. As far as I can tell, it's mainly there to weed out people who aren't willing to slog through a bunch of typing for the sake of adding another guild to their collection. While I'm all for keeping this a small guild, as it stands, it's almost invite-only.

Perhaps we require instead either an RP sample (as that's the most jumping portion of the guild anyway) or a single opinion-type question with a minimum of 500 or 1000 words? Maybe expand question 10, or say "Compare and contrast Cid from FFVII and Cid from FFVI", or some s**t like that.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:53 am
Saoszuc
Semi-random suggestion: Alter the guild frontpage.

Specifically, it's a wordy fathermocker; that's fine in itself, but if it's gonna be wordy, it may need a smaller image. sweatdrop

Also, aside from question 10 (and possibly 6, as that's basically an opinion question), the entire test is capable of being defeated with one fell swoop of Google's axe. As far as I can tell, it's mainly there to weed out people who aren't willing to slog through a bunch of typing for the sake of adding another guild to their collection. While I'm all for keeping this a small guild, as it stands, it's almost invite-only.

Perhaps we require instead either an RP sample (as that's the most jumping portion of the guild anyway) or a single opinion-type question with a minimum of 500 or 1000 words? Maybe expand question 10, or say "Compare and contrast Cid from FFVII and Cid from FFVI", or some s**t like that.

I like this idea. What do you think, Ayame?  

Gwyn Masamune
Crew

Ayame
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:04 pm
You wouldn't even believe the people who actually fail the test, Saoszuc (I've had like about 10 people so far who PMed me their answers and failed miserably...amazing as it is; either that or completely ignore what was written at the beginning and just ask for an acceptance to join saying that "I'm a big fan" typical stuff which just makes me even more annoyed that people really don't like to read) sweatdrop

I was thinking of making another picture on the front page, anyway (when I actually have the time to do so) sweatdrop , but I like the idea. Lemme see what I can rearrange (god, I haven't changed that thing ever since I put it up there...honestly sweatdrop ) and put a sample up here before I change the front page. 3nodding [This is likely going to be sometime tomorrow]  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:11 pm
Holy crap. I forgot how n00blish Gaia had become. sweatdrop  

Saoszuc
Crew

Original Gaian

9,100 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 3 100

Ayame
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:00 pm
Yeah, sadly it's so n00bish that I don't even dare go into the general forums anymore...

Though I still get bugged by n00bs to add me to their friendslist stressed

Okay, how does this work out?

Stuff in bold stays, but the test will be limited to this, no bonus questions.

Quote:
1. In the entire Final Fantasy series, one name has been in every game except for two of them. What is this name? (2pts)
2. Name the three basic spells and all of their levels (2pts)
**3. Name the main storyline character for Final Fantasy VI. (Essay, 10pts)
4. Which Final Fantasy creature was not only the runner up in appearing in the most games but was also a playable character in one of them? (2pts)
5. Why is the RPG series called "Final Fantasy"? (4pts)

Total: /20

**Essay meaning 2-3 sentences.

[That lovely one-sentence description of what goes on here]

Date of Origin: March/April '03 by Vikki, transferred to GGN August '04

Guild Alliances and Guild Affiliates

Should there be a statement for an RP sample, or state that this is mainly an RP driven guild, with small bits on the side? And then an RP sample with some sort of prompt saying like write in about 150-200 words that involve the stated theme (oh...I don't know....) and a stated phrase?

That way RP driven people can go to the second option rather than take the test?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:20 am
I like the idea of two methods of entry, test or sample. Nay - love it.

This is mainly an RP-driven guild at this point, to be sure, but was it so back at its inception? What's the vision you want for the guild (or everyone wants, I guess)? I keep harping on RP because |R|P| is my antidrug, but since the current glut of RPs has people on that subject anyway, other points of view might be getting drowned out. I mean, the trivia and game discussion threads were popular at some point. razz So I personally wouldn't care if the guild was advertised as RP-driven, but I don't know what the majority opinion is on that matter. sweatdrop

As far as an RP sample itself, I have a feeling 200 words would really be the minimum... then again, if they want to use the request form, they're limited to 2000 characters, so that's an average of 8.6 characters per word for a 200 word submission to take into account punctuation and spaces. Not a lot of room. And I'm sure you don't necessarily want your inbox to be flooded with join requests from people whose submissions overflow the 2000 limit, like mine. (Assuming the guild gets flooded at all. razz )  

Saoszuc
Crew

Original Gaian

9,100 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 3 100

Chibicid
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:50 pm
Great ideas. xd

And if you want, Ayame, you can specify someone else to be in charge of having submissions sent to them. Haha. I don't get PMs but once a month or so, so I'll take it on if it doesn't already fall under someone else's position.

As far as the guild goes, I love the RP aspect, but the game discussion/trivia is also something I miss. It'd be fun to have a thread where we pick a game and then discuss every nitty gritty detail and suspicions/rumours and stuff. (sorry...nerd moment).  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:02 pm
Chibicid
As far as the guild goes, I love the RP aspect, but the game discussion/trivia is also something I miss. It'd be fun to have a thread where we pick a game and then discuss every nitty gritty detail and suspicions/rumours and stuff. (sorry...nerd moment).

Lord, don't get me started on VI/VII/X. I'll overflow the post buffers and crash Gaia.  

Saoszuc
Crew

Original Gaian

9,100 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 3 100

Chibicid
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:29 pm
Saoszuc
Chibicid

Lord, don't get me started on VI/VII/X. I'll overflow the post buffers and crash Gaia.
But it'd be funnnnnnnn.......

Cause we'd all do it. 3nodding sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:38 pm
Chibicid
Great ideas. xd

And if you want, Ayame, you can specify someone else to be in charge of having submissions sent to them. Haha. I don't get PMs but once a month or so, so I'll take it on if it doesn't already fall under someone else's position.

Well, I put it under send the request to me or the other moderators, but I guess they (meaning those people out there requesting) don't even see the words "other moderators" or something... sweatdrop .

I'll put the newer guild front page up tonight *is at work at the moment on her break*...at least the ones with the questions. I still haven't figured out the RP sample yet. If you guys have any suggestions for prompts, that would be cool (what I'm thinkin' right now is the phrase "and two itty bitty spiders encountered a chocolate milkshake".... sweatdrop this is what I get for being sleep deprived sweatdrop sweatdrop )  

Ayame
Captain

Chibicid
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:07 pm
That would be so out there it would work. Like...they're expecting "And then, Cloud punched Sephiroth in the face.". lol.

Love it.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:34 pm
"Ifrit stared down his summoner, the contest of wills almost palpable between them. Finally, timidly, the mortal made his move."

To which the only response can be: "Full house, you fire-munching b*****d. Read 'em and weep, or whatever analogue for anguish your pathetic, multi-horned ilk display."  

Saoszuc
Crew

Original Gaian

9,100 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 3 100

Ayame
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:26 pm
Lol, that's awesome, Saoszuc. Let's include all those ^^.

Hmm..what should be the theme? Or should people requesting to join have the ability to freely choose what FF game they want to send an RP submission of?

Now come to think of it, should the RP submissions be sent to an e-mail instead via PM?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:50 pm
I'd say PM, just to keep it all in one place. If there's a limit on characters, they can send it in 2 (unless someone else has a problem with that).

Is our forum open for public posting? Or members only?  

Chibicid
Vice Captain

Saoszuc
Crew

Original Gaian

9,100 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:02 am
I figure the applicant should choose the game setting; we can't expect everyone to have played X2, after all. biggrin  
The Final Fantasy Freaks Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff