yes
  no
  sorta
  im just plain out crazy
View Results

ShideKnight

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:13 pm
divineseraph
Music against the church can be christian, if you believe that the church has lost the true image of christ.

Rage Against the Machine comes to mind blaugh I don't know if they have anything that fits the bill specifically, but I know they talk about society a bit.

I guess it really depends on the specifics of what's being said and how it's being said.

Dark Angel Rai
Usually when I listen to negative music or with J-rock, I don't pay attention to the lyrics itself but I listen to the rhythm of it. Take Dir En Grey's Yokan or Cage, both songs have a very upbeat tempo. Cage starts off with a music box-esque toon and then with a fast temp guitar. The lyrics are depressing, talking about mothers (I dun remember exactly) but the rhythm in itself is just beautiful.

Maybe you should listen to more instrumental stuff?

I guess part of my problem with it is I really really can't ignore lyrics. It's never worked... eaither I start to understand them and a song gets ruined for me, or they make the song that much better.

I guess sometimes there are songs that go both ways, too.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:23 pm
I can usually block out the bad stuff too and can just enjoy the song, but I agree about having some sort of balance. For me, personally I'm firm with what I believe and music can't really shake that, or the media for that matter. Typically music helps me with my feelings, as a sort of venting if you will, without acting out? Like how Rai described gaming, it doesn't make me want to hurt anyone, it actually helps me get it out through the game lol  

Prismatic Butterflies

divineseraph

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:49 pm
I don't really think I've ever heard a song with anything absolutely "bad", aside from some of NIN's stuff.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:09 am
im just going to stop puting my pearls before swine which is exacally what you guys are so forget yall  

Axel Kilo

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:38 am
Axel Kilo
im just going to stop puting my pearls before swine which is exacally what you guys are so forget yall
Jesus talked with sinners and his followers. He didn't get mad if people disagreed with him.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:28 pm
Sorry, but I listen to a lot of secular music and I do not think it's wrong ^^

I like classical. I love metal and rock music and dance and a lot of other things. As far as music with Christian messages, I have a lot of diversity: Latin Gregorian chanting, Power metal with Christian messages, Abrahamic-themed music with lyrics in Hebrew, Spanish-language classical hymns, Gospel, Christian pop, and rock music.

I don't like Demon Hunter or As I lay Dying, but I LOVE Metatrone, Orphaned Land, Pillar, Santo Remedio, Divinefire, Harmony and HB.

I actually got sick of Contemporary Christian pop at one point because it all started to sound the same to me. I turned to my sister and said "I should've been listening to Gospel instead!" Lol  

Zora Dee

Aged Raider

2,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:04 pm
ShideKnight
divineseraph
Music against the church can be christian, if you believe that the church has lost the true image of christ.

Rage Against the Machine comes to mind blaugh I don't know if they have anything that fits the bill specifically, but I know they talk about society a bit.

I guess it really depends on the specifics of what's being said and how it's being said.

Dark Angel Rai
Usually when I listen to negative music or with J-rock, I don't pay attention to the lyrics itself but I listen to the rhythm of it. Take Dir En Grey's Yokan or Cage, both songs have a very upbeat tempo. Cage starts off with a music box-esque toon and then with a fast temp guitar. The lyrics are depressing, talking about mothers (I dun remember exactly) but the rhythm in itself is just beautiful.

Maybe you should listen to more instrumental stuff?

I guess part of my problem with it is I really really can't ignore lyrics. It's never worked... eaither I start to understand them and a song gets ruined for me, or they make the song that much better.

I guess sometimes there are songs that go both ways, too.
I do listen to instrumental music, like Nobuo Uematsu's music.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff