Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gathering of Adult Friends

Back to Guilds

A place for the old folks to hang out and chat about anything and everything. 

Tags: adult, friends, eighteen, discussion, adults 

Reply Gathering of Adult Friends
50+ Book challenge! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13

Quick Reply

Submit

your goal?
  10+
  20+
  a lot more...
  see how far i can get..
  not my type of thing
  stuff to do..sorry....
View Results

HollywoodH

4,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:07 am
I read Tina Fey's book Bossypants.
If your a fan of hers your like the book. I really enjoyed it.

I read about half of Diane Farr's book Kissing Outside the Lines and got bored and don't think I'll pick it up again. Cute story about her and her husband, it goes on wayyy too long.

Next to start reading is by Mindy Kaling called Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:38 pm
Picked up Ray Bradbury's The Illustrated Man recently and am reading it at work during lunch. The stories are interesting, but they have not aged well, as they were written before space exploration really got underway. The Long Rain is especially dated, since it depicts Venus as perpetually rainy and covered in a single massive ocean with only one continent (which is about as opposite as it's possible to get from what it actually is).  

Endrael
Captain

Chocobo Princess
Site Moderator

Scholarly Celebrant

22,050 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:47 pm
I finally had some time to relax, so I read Neal Stephenson's REAMDE. It is good. It's more like Cryptonomicon than like Anathem (my favorite of his), but I still enjoyed it a lot.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:57 am
XD I read like crazy for two weeks... Then my add caught up with me, and I've barely read since...I'm sure I'll get back to it some time.  

Krego-sama

Rainbow Regular

7,700 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Green_crayon42

Fashionable Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:12 pm
I'll be aiming for 15 or so this time since I always fall short of 20. I've started on Taggarung by Brian Jacques. a novel of the Redwall series. A children's set of books, but lots of fun. Haven't read these since I was like 12.
They're my father in a way.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:06 am
Green_crayon42 Wrote:
I'll be aiming for 15 or so this time since I always fall short of 20. I've started on Taggarung by Brian Jacques. a novel of the Redwall series. A children's set of books, but lots of fun. Haven't read these since I was like 12.

XD Read a lot of those books myself. Never got back to them after I started the Wheel of Time in sixth grade.  

Krego-sama

Rainbow Regular

7,700 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Green_crayon42

Fashionable Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:41 pm
Krego-sama Wrote:
Green_crayon42 Wrote:

XD Read a lot of those books myself. Never got back to them after I started the Wheel of Time in sixth grade.
I loved these books!!! but...some do, some don't. never tried Wheel of Time..maybe I will..  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:45 am
I will start this after I finish reading some of the manag I'm on right now.  

Equus Mulus

Endrael
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:53 pm
House of Comarré series by Kristen Painter is unexpectedly good for being vampires (and shapeshifters and fae and...). I bought the first three for my best friend, since it's the sort of thing she enjoys. I generally have no interest in vampire stories because I'm so tired of vampires in everything, but these ones are actually holding my attention. The first book is a bore if you're expecting a lot of plot, but the characters are intriguing enough to hold my attention. You can safely skip the first book in the series and not lose anything important, though, since there's brief recaps throughout the others.

If you want books with supernaturals, I'd recommend these.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:57 am
Anyone read 50 Shades of Grey and the other two following it? I'm curious if they're as good as people keep going on about.  

Chainmail and Sapphires
Vice Captain

Gathering of Adult Friends

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas