Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Proposition 8 (Oh geez, let the flaming begin...) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

divineseraph

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:07 am
So, I guess we should legislate to only have white teachers- We wouldn't want the children to be forced into believing that it's OK to be black. I mean, as it is now, segregation is taught everywhere, and there's no legislation to opt out of such thought.

Amirite?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:29 am
No. You are vastly wrong. Being black is not a life style. Being mexican is not a life style. Being white is not a life style. Being tattooed white trash is a life style. Polygamy is a life style. Homosexuality is a life style. Life styles should not be forced upon a person, or a group. To segregate is wrong. I do not do that. I have black friends. I have white friends. I have mexican friends. I have asian friends. I have Indian friends. I have middle eastern friends. Their color does not matter. Their faith (or lack thereof) does not matter. One of my best friends is white. He is dating a black girl. Her color, does not affect their relationship, nor does it affect mine with them. I love them both and find that they are awesome people.

You are going from one extreme to the other and neither are related. And by the way, my sisters favorite teacher (and one I would have wanted to have, but she was not teaching when I was that age) is a black woman. My family loved her and thought very highly of her because she taught well.  

SloanSage

divineseraph

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:34 pm
SloanSage
No. You are vastly wrong. Being black is not a life style. Being mexican is not a life style. Being white is not a life style. Being tattooed white trash is a life style. Polygamy is a life style. Homosexuality is a life style. Life styles should not be forced upon a person, or a group. To segregate is wrong. I do not do that. I have black friends. I have white friends. I have mexican friends. I have asian friends. I have Indian friends. I have middle eastern friends. Their color does not matter. Their faith (or lack thereof) does not matter. One of my best friends is white. He is dating a black girl. Her color, does not affect their relationship, nor does it affect mine with them. I love them both and find that they are awesome people.

You are going from one extreme to the other and neither are related. And by the way, my sisters favorite teacher (and one I would have wanted to have, but she was not teaching when I was that age) is a black woman. My family loved her and thought very highly of her because she taught well.

Why is being black different? Because you're born that way? You are born gay, you know. It's not a choice. Like being black white, mexican, man or woman.

Therefore, you have just shot holes through your own argument.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:34 pm
divineseraph
SloanSage

Why is being black different? Because you're born that way? You are born gay, you know. It's not a choice. Like being black white, mexican, man or woman.

there is no scientific evidence to back up that claim, plus, IF people WERE born gay, then there wouldn't be so many people questioning their sexuality because they'd already know if they were gay or not.  

Gerbil_of_the_Vashness

Lady Loiterer

SinfulGuillotine

Perfect Trash

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:29 pm
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
divineseraph
SloanSage

there is no scientific evidence to back up that claim, plus, IF people WERE born gay, then there wouldn't be so many people questioning their sexuality because they'd already know if they were gay or not.
Thing is, most of are raised in a hetero-centric society. That is, you are generally assumed to be heterosexual by those around you unless you tell them otherwise. And when you're a child at an age with little to no sexual desires or motivation to be in a true romantic relationship, it doesn't really matter.

I really hate the "being gay is like being black" analogy, but since it's already been let out of the bag, I'll run with it for a moment.

What if you were black, and you were born blind, and everyone around you implied that you were white? Then when you're 13, you suddenly gain sight and look in a mirror, and realise that you're not white like you believed yourself to be. You're actually black. Does that mean you were born white and magically changed races once you could see your reflection, or does it mean that it was simply something you didn't realise until you could see your reflection?

I'll admit it, that was a dumb analogy. But I hope you can see my point.

And honestly, what's all this BS about the "homosexual lifestyle"? Because as a homosexual, I don't really see how my sexual orientation is a lifestyle. Maybe one of you wise heterosexuals can fill me in on the way my lifestyle, as a homosexual, should be, since it would appear that I'm in the dark about that. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:47 am
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
divineseraph
SloanSage

Bisexuality exists as well. In such a case, someone could be interested in BOTH sexes, which could cause confusion. (also, supposed "Curing" of gayness- they just pick the opposite sex and stick with it.) And this is on top of what Guillotine said about a hetero-centric society where that is the norm, and a deviation of the norm is a deviation. As in, something where people must break away from a larger group, which will cause confusion in most people.  

divineseraph

Medanite

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:34 am
lol I can't vote yet. (Only 16)

So what exactly was Proposition 8? I'm thinking the ban on gay marriage?

If so, I probably would've voted yes for the ban. Most of the people down here where I live don't approve of homosexuality anyway so I probably wouldn't lose any friends over it. It would probably be the other way around.

Even so, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if gay marriage is legalized. This country has already gone to hell when it comes to morals, so of course gays will eventually get their sinful union. I just pray that they won't use a bible for the ceremony. Blasphemy anyone? =/  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:41 am
divineseraph
SloanSage

Sorry, I had to laugh at that one. That is so cliche you wouldn't believe it. Of course it is a choice. You choose to be a homosexual, just like how you choose to be straight. If you're gay, you choose men over women. (Or vice-versa if you are female)  

Medanite

divineseraph

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:45 am
Medanite
divineseraph
SloanSage

Sorry, I had to laugh at that one. That is so cliche you wouldn't believe it. Of course it is a choice. You choose to be a homosexual, just like how you choose to be straight. If you're gay, you choose men over women. (Or vice-versa if you are female)

You chose to be straight? You could be gay if you wanted to be?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:56 am
divineseraph
Medanite
divineseraph
SloanSage

If I wanted to be, yes. Humans are naturally hardwired for the opposite sex, so for me it was a natural "choice", if you will. We all get free will so if I wanted to be gay I could be gay. If I wanted to murder someone I could murder someone. So long as my will doesn't cross the laws of nature God already set in place, I can do whatever I please because of free will. But that being said, there are ramifications for our unhealthy actions. If you murder someone, you sin against God. (Not to mention that you will most likely go to jail.) If you participate in homosexual activity, you sin against God.  

Medanite

We Dont Negotiate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:44 am
Medanite
divineseraph
Medanite
divineseraph
SloanSage

If I wanted to be, yes. Humans are naturally hardwired for the opposite sex, so for me it was a natural "choice", if you will. We all get free will so if I wanted to be gay I could be gay. If I wanted to murder someone I could murder someone. So long as my will doesn't cross the laws of nature God already set in place, I can do whatever I please because of free will. But that being said, there are ramifications for our unhealthy actions. If you murder someone, you sin against God. (Not to mention that you will most likely go to jail.) If you participate in homosexual activity, you sin against God.

Wait so your telling me you Find Men sexually attractive, or could find them sexually attractive if you wanted to?

Because if you answer that you are Sexually attracted to Men i want to congratulate you on being a closet Bi-Sexual

Edit: Also before you even answer i call Bull, because there are Bonafied studys which proove Homosexuals are Chemically wetwired in there brains to be attracted to the same gender, The thought of sex or relations with a female is Physically repulsive to them, it is a Brain function it isnt people waking up one day and going "I think im going to stick my c**k up someones a**, YEA!" it's a case of how THEY ARE, anyone who says that a Homosexual can choose to like females is deludeing themselves and probbably just trying to rationalise it with there religion.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:55 am
Medanite
divineseraph
Medanite
divineseraph
SloanSage

There's a word for this- Bisexual. If you honestly feel that you could be sexually aroused by a man or a woman, then that's bisexuality.

Could you choose to be a fetishist? For spanking? For poop? For vore (eating)? For diapers?

I would assume not, I can't force myself into a fetish I don't have. This proves two things- Firstly, sexualities are different to all of us from birth, and that we can't change our sexualities through willpower.

We can choose not to listen to them, but we can't choose not to have them.  

divineseraph

Gerbil_of_the_Vashness

Lady Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:32 pm
divineseraph
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
divineseraph
SloanSage

Bisexuality exists as well. In such a case, someone could be interested in BOTH sexes, which could cause confusion. (also, supposed "Curing" of gayness- they just pick the opposite sex and stick with it.) And this is on top of what Guillotine said about a hetero-centric society where that is the norm, and a deviation of the norm is a deviation. As in, something where people must break away from a larger group, which will cause confusion in most people.
there's still no scientific evdence to support it. plus you just proved my point. if you were born gay or bi, then would you not know it right away, or recognize it as common knowledge within the first few years of your life? most of a person's personality is already formed by the age of five, meaning, that IF PEOPLE WERE BORN GAY OR BI THEY WOULD HAVE TO KNOW THEY WERE BY THE AGE OF FIVE TO SUPPORT YOUR ARGUMENT.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:18 pm
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
divineseraph
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
divineseraph
SloanSage

there's still no scientific evdence to support it. plus you just proved my point. if you were born gay or bi, then would you not know it right away, or recognize it as common knowledge within the first few years of your life? most of a person's personality is already formed by the age of five, meaning, that IF PEOPLE WERE BORN GAY OR BI THEY WOULD HAVE TO KNOW THEY WERE BY THE AGE OF FIVE TO SUPPORT YOUR ARGUMENT.

There is evidence of a correlation between sexual orientation and traits that are determined in utero. Williams et al. (2000) found that finger length ratio, a characteristic controlled by prenatal hormones, is different in people of distinct sexual orientations. Another study by McFadden in 1998 found that auditory systems in the brain, another physical trait influenced by prenatal hormones is different in those of differing orientations, likewise the suprachiasmatic nucleus of homosexual men was found by Swaab and Hopffman to be larger in homosexual men than in heterosexual men, the suprachiasmatic nucleus is also known to be larger in men than in women Gay men have also been shown to have higher levels of circulating androgens and larger penises on average, than straight men.

Gay men have more older brothers on average, a phenomenon known as the fraternal birth order effect. It has been suggested that the greater the number of older male siblings the higher the level of androgen fetuses are exposed to .

What was that?...oh yes, that was the sound of your argument being Bent over and subjected to a good old beasting.

As for you Five year old drivvel, by God man a Five year old doesnt know about sexual orientation or desire, I thought girls were Gross and icky till i was like thirteen (you know that time when puberty and intrest in the oposite gender pops up) along with the vast majority of everyone i knew, and odly enough about the same time i started to find Girls interesting i found Guys interesting to.

Weird aye?  

We Dont Negotiate

divineseraph

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:38 pm
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
divineseraph
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
divineseraph
SloanSage

When you are born, you don't know about physics, gravity, light, motion or language. You pick it up as you go, you develop it.

And by five, some people COULD be gay and "know" it- They may have an attraction to the same sex, much like how young boys may have an attraction towards females. They won't know WHY or for what REASON, but it could be plausible. I know I had an attraction towards women, particularly to those around the age of 16, when I was about 5. And not a dirty attraction, I just was more interested in them than guys.

Also, at around that age, you don't understand fractions- A child will think that one slice of pizza cut into two pieces is now more pizza than it was before. This doesn't mean that the child will never understand fractions, they just haven't learned enough to know better.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff