Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
~Fashion Vision~

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChibiLi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:57 pm
So I finally found out where I excel in fashion; cosplay and lingerie.

So, wanting to open a boutique, do you think as a Christian it's ok to open a boutique that sells lingerie?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:02 pm
Hmm ... that's a tough one because of the modesty issue. I think it would be up to the Holy Spirit in you.  

Mountain Rose

Ricette

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:22 am
Go for it. There is no such passage in the bible thats says "Thou shalt not open and make items to help couples with intimacy." No where at all. There is a Doctor John's in town here and the lady who is there all the time is Christian and she sells sex toys and lingerie. Its not going to ear you a trip to hell or your diety's wrath.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:03 pm
If married couples wanna express themselves through lingerie, there's nothing wrong with that. If it's something that lures people into sinning, then that'd be a different issue. It's not like your selling drugs or something.  

OneWithDunamis

KyosKitten

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:50 am
That's really a tough issue. Ultimately, it would lead others to sin because...well you'd be opening a lingerie shop. One look in the window and guys are like, "Oooo that would look good on my girlfriend". It's not something that would be honoring to God, because it would be promoting sex in the world.

But pray about it still. Definitely pray.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:31 pm
KyosKitten
That's really a tough issue. Ultimately, it would lead others to sin because...well you'd be opening a lingerie shop. One look in the window and guys are like, "Oooo that would look good on my girlfriend". It's not something that would be honoring to God, because it would be promoting sex in the world.

Um, yeah it would help honor your God. Added sex appeal = more want to have sex = sex means procreation = be fruitful and multiply= its just fine becausse sex is not bad as without it, we would no longer exist! Yay!  

Ricette

Mountain Rose

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:47 pm
Ricette
KyosKitten

Um, yeah it would help honor your God. Added sex appeal = more want to have sex = sex means procreation = be fruitful and multiply= its just fine becausse sex is not bad as without it, we would no longer exist! Yay!

Yeah ... except, Godly sex is within marriage. And most people who go shopping in a lingerie shop are having sex outside of marriage (most, I say, not all).  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:54 pm
Ricette
Go for it. There is no such passage in the bible thats says "Thou shalt not open and make items to help couples with intimacy." No where at all. There is a Doctor John's in town here and the lady who is there all the time is Christian and she sells sex toys and lingerie. Its not going to ear you a trip to hell or your diety's wrath.

Hmmm I think you and OneWithDunamis make the best points. I should definitely pray about it, but it's not like selling lingerie is the only aspect of the career world that's iffy. For example, a lady at my church sells Avon. Avon, though it's a great place to get really good prices on stuff (I sell it myself), it still kind of hints towards vanity[=sin]. Also, there are these commercials from [I think] KY that sells "His and Hers" gels that enhances sexual pleasure, but notice how they market it; every commercial they had was with not only a relation between a MAN AND WOMAN, but 4 out of 5 of them were obviously married.

So basically I'm saying all of you are right. It is iffy to do so, but if I advertise it correctly I'm sure it'll work out

heart

ChibiLi

ChibiLi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:58 pm
lol Ehehehehe on a side note, I gotta tell you guys something funny;

So lately, I've been vastly improving in my skills in hand-sewing or couture. But this year I needed the sewing machine to make a purse, or so I thought. And so, of all the times I've used that stupid thing, NOW it breaks. One thing I learned from this spiritual journey is that God sometimes has a tendency to tells us something and it may be more obvious than we like xd

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games