NO U.  

divineseraph

Ozraptor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:06 am
divineseraph
NO U.

HEY, i asked you first D<  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:06 am
Seriously though, there is no solid proof. There is not much solid proof of a lot of things.

Look to the improbability of the universe. Nearly impossible chance next to nearly impossible chance. If that doesn't have a taste of some form of creator, not much will.  

divineseraph

Ablazed
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:42 pm
seraph is absolutely right.

Really, no one here can convince you that God exists. We can all share our reasons for believing in God, and you can interpret those reasons how you will, but none of it is going to FORCE you to believe in God too.

Do you understand why your request is flawed?

I could ask someone to convince me God does not exist, and they could tell me their reasons, but I'll still be unconvinced. I'll look for flaws in their reasoning, I'll ALWAYS argue against them however I can.

I believe God exists because there have been many, many instances in my personal life to lead me to such a conclusion. I also point to what seraph pointed out as evidence of a creator, but there are those that can argue that point if they want.

A better way to approach such a subject would have been to simply ask "why do you believe in God?".  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:04 pm
Ablazed
seraph is absolutely right.

Really, no one here can convince you that God exists. We can all share our reasons for believing in God, and you can interpret those reasons how you will, but none of it is going to FORCE you to believe in God too.

Do you understand why your request is flawed?

I could ask someone to convince me God does not exist, and they could tell me their reasons, but I'll still be unconvinced. I'll look for flaws in their reasoning, I'll ALWAYS argue against them however I can.

I believe God exists because there have been many, many instances in my personal life to lead me to such a conclusion. I also point to what seraph pointed out as evidence of a creator, but there are those that can argue that point if they want.

A better way to approach such a subject would have been to simply ask "why do you believe in God?".
I agree 100% Our beleifs are not based on physical evidence, but faith and experience. I think I speak for most Christians when I say that we have felt the hand of God on our life at one point or another~!

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:09 pm
What is in it for me to convince you?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:10 pm
Yeah, it's not really something we could convince you of. We could tell you our stories, how we came to believe that God exists and know Christ, but that still wouldn't be proving it in the world's sense of the word.

However, there are things like the Fibonacci number that are evidence of intelligent design. Watch "Fingerprints of God" to learn about the Fibonacci sequence.

Mountain Rose

brad175

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:49 pm
I've got proof that God exists.
Look at a building. How do you know that someone built that building? Because the building is there.
Look at a painting. How do you know that someone painted it?
Because the painting is there.

What sort of fool would see the overwhelming complexity of creation and deny that there is indeed a creator?
If you think evolution made all of this, I've got an experiment for you. Go to a junk yard, find a bunch of car parts, put them in a pile, and detonate them over and over again. Tell me if they ever form a fully-functional car.

And another proof for you.
Why is it that we have standards, standards for anything? Why is it that we can agree on laws for our countries? It is because God has written his law on the hearts of men.

These two things give people no excuse for not knowing God.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:15 am
brad175
I've got proof that God exists.
Look at a building. How do you know that someone built that building? Because the building is there.
Look at a painting. How do you know that someone painted it?
Because the painting is there.

What sort of fool would see the overwhelming complexity of creation and deny that there is indeed a creator?
If you think evolution made all of this, I've got an experiment for you. Go to a junk yard, find a bunch of car parts, put them in a pile, and detonate them over and over again. Tell me if they ever form a fully-functional car.

And another proof for you.
Why is it that we have standards, standards for anything? Why is it that we can agree on laws for our countries? It is because God has written his law on the hearts of men.

These two things give people no excuse for not knowing God.
Its people who think like you who prove there is no god and give us a good reason to not want to know your sad god.  

Ricette

No place like 127 0 0 1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:28 am
we cant really prove or tell you...it'll just hit you one day, you'd crap yourself and be like "HOLY CRAP!!! this isnt just a religion!...this is soo real wtf is going on" (yea i know most people do believe but this is a whole new level of belief. Like answers and evidence[i suppose you could say] thrown at you which you cant really prove) and start thinking a LOT about this for a while (its sort of like regaining your whole life memory youve forgotten and you'll be in shock mode...srsly) a lot of things will suddenly clear up and you'd be in a new category of belief and you'll think its not just a religion. Its the real deal!
Theres two different types of believers, even with priests/sisters, not a lot of them have received this faith. They just go with the flow (if you get what i mean)

but youve got to earn it you'll come to realization and later on you will also be visited, see, hear and be spoken to, be more aware of what he is doing for us..whats happening lately in THAT world and here..

i cant say anymore..im not suppose to tell people who dont know this and im sure most people wouldnt tell you for same reasons..theyve got to find out themselves because they'll think this is stupid, will not believe, it definately wont make sense to them (im sure it sounds bs to you), even possibly be afraid or think its just silly hallucinations, or mental probs etc ....it just takes patience and trust

we just..cant prove it to you. Sorry, you've got to have patience, trust and have faith to recieve this life changing gift.
No words can explain this.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:29 am
brad175: gonk  

No place like 127 0 0 1

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out