Hey everyone!

I just wanted to share with you guys an amazing service opportunity if you're looking for a summer internship. It's with an organization called Project Transformation, which is based out of Dallas, TX which is an outreach ministry for underserviced children. The interns are divided up into groupd of about 10 where you run day camps for children and youth in poorer urban areas of Dallas for eight weeks. You get to do Bible study, arts and craft, games, and anything you can think of with them four days a week. The kids are absolutely amazing and you have no idea how attached you get to them in eight weeks.

In addition to the day camp, on Fridays you have what are called "Friday Experiences" where you get to explore all types of ministry, from pastoral, to hospital chapliancy, to homeless ministry, and so on. On Sundays you attend church with your team at your site church where the camp is.

In addition to amazing experiences, you're payed for the summer (about $2000 for the whole summer) plus you recieve an $1250 Americorp education voucher which can help pay for college. You live on Southern Methodist University's campus for free all summer, and almost all your meals are free.

It's really an amazing opportunity. A few requirements to work with Project Transformations are:
-You much have finished your first year of college
-You should at least be able to tolerate children
-You should be willing to dedicate your WHOLE summer (aka end of May to beginning of August) to this program.

I served with PT this summer and had the most amazing experience of my life. If you're at all considering ministry, this is a great idea also. If you have any more questions, you can always PM me and I'd be more than happy to answer questions.

For applications or more information you can look up their website projecttransformation.org. There are also PT programs in Oklahoma City and Kansas City, and if you just google search those you should be able to find the website for those.

God bless!